Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Macedonian words in Hindi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Homer MakeDonski View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Homer MakeDonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Macedonian words in Hindi
    Posted: 10-May-2005 at 16:42

Makedonia pronounce as Maa ke Duniya meaning Moter's world

Edited by Homer MakeDonski
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 19:52
I dont think theres much if any slavic words in Hindi..
http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2005 at 03:41

Originally posted by strategos

I dont think theres much if any slavic words in Hindi..

On the contrary, there're.

All Indoeuropean languages share common origins, so you'll find similarities in e.g. Slavic, English, Greek, Persian, Hindi, Germanic etc...

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2005 at 08:47

There is a large river in Macedonia and Greece, Persians called it Vardraya which means "Like the Sea" but its old Avestan name was Makidanu which means "Deep Water". (Macedon is in fact the Scythian pronunciation of this word, "Don" in modern Ossetian language means "water/river" and there are many rivers in Europe that this word can be seen in them)

tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2005 at 08:59
Originally posted by Homer MakeDonski

Makedonia pronounce as Maa ke Duniya meaning Moter's world

What do you want to prove with this?

Everybody listen only this which understands.
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2005 at 09:36
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

There is a large river in Macedonia and Greece, Persians called it Vardraya which means "Like the Sea"

Interesting, the Slavs call the river Vardaska (sp?). In Greece we call it Axios but sometimes also Vardaris...

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2005 at 10:55
Originally posted by Yiannis

There is a large river in Macedonia and Greece, Persians called it Vardraya which means "Like the Sea"

Interesting, the Slavs call the river Vardaska (sp?). In Greece we call it Axios but sometimes also Vardaris...

Nope only Vardar, "Vardarska" means that Vardar belongs to something examp. Vardarska Macedonia means Macedonia situated around Vadrad /Vardaris, Axios/. Because of this I've said that if Greeks recognized Macedonia under the name "Vardarska", this means that you will recognized future Macedonians claims to the Greek part of Macedonia.  

Edited by tzar
jayeshks View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote jayeshks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2005 at 12:21
umm...err so we're proving that Macedonian and Hindi are both Indo-European languages? 
tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2005 at 16:18

Slavs are Indo-European tribes.

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 04:28

Originally posted by jayeshks

umm...err so we're proving that Macedonian and Hindi are both Indo-European languages? 

Exactly!

Group Language
Lexicon
"father" "mother" "brother" "two" "three" "four" "horse"
Germanic Old English fder modor broor twa thrie feowre eoh
Italic Latin pater mater frater duos tres quattuor equus
Celtic Old Irish athair mathair brathir do tri ceathair ech
Hellenic Greek pater meter phrater 1 duos tri tetra hippos
Indic Sanskrit pitar matar bhratar dva trayas chatvari asva
Iranian Avestan pitar matar bratar dwa trayo chatvaro aspa
Slavic Russian otech matka brat dva tri chetyre loshaa (kon)
Armenian Armenian hayr     erku erek' cork'  
Tocharian Tocharian B pacer macer procer wi trai s'twer yakwe
Proto-Indo-European *pater *mater *bhrater *duwos *treyes *kwetores *ek'wos

http://www.ship.edu/~cgboeree/indoeuropeanlanguages.html

Edited by Yiannis

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2005 at 13:43
Originally posted by strategos

I dont think theres much if any slavic words in
Hindi..

Macedonians aren't SLAV(e)S and there are probably NO SLAV(e) words in Hindi. SLAV(e)S are a Mongol race and Indians are Indo-European.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2005 at 14:06
Hate to break it to you, but Slavic is Indo-European too.
Arrrgh!!"
Knight
Knight

Quote Homer MakeDonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2005 at 20:12

Dear Cyrus Shahmiri
Until I live ,through  my grave and beyond
Grateful I shell be
if Your Holinest  please could

to reveal some of the texts
if available any
where evidence's based are
For the beauty what
more than Revelation is

but its old Avestan name was Makidanu which means "Deep Water"

Homer MakeDonski

Knight
Knight

Quote Homer MakeDonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2005 at 20:14

opening this topic I am up to try to connect this same or very same words via its possible and simmilar meaning .
Connection will be trought mythology Macedonian and Hindy where goal is one  name
Makedonija and Maa ke Duniya with the  meaning of Mother's world
In Hindi ,as I have been told
Maa- Mother
Ke -I am not quite sure shell we read as "belong to " or as plural form of Mother's
Duniya- World
in total

In Macedonian
Make -meaning Mother
Don->*Dzon->*Dzeme->*Zeme->*Zemia->Zemja
ija -> belong to
------
One of the meaning of "ia "what is given as sanskrit for" belong to"
can be readed at this site .
<http://www.swamishyam.org/everyguide-aryancivi.html>

-------
4. Land of the rishis. The Sanskrit suffix "ia" means: Land of... and was used in countries such as: Siberia, Prussia, Rumania, Bularia, Iberia, Ethiopia, Somalia, Tanzania, Austria, Australia, Scanidinvia, Armenia,Albania...

Lets see what belongs to whom .

in Hindi
Maa Ke Duniya

As word ends here also  exist "ia" spelt as iya suffixs as well ,what could say that Duniya
iya belong to Dun and Duniya belong to Maa Ke

in Macedonian

Makedonija

here as well sufix "ia"spelt as Ija  ,what  could describe that ija belong to Don and Donija belong to Make .
What the meaning of it ?
The World what belong to the God
Why ?
Because we have  possibilities [tentative theory about the natural world; a concept that is not yet verified but that if true would explain certain facts or phenomena] that

in Hindi
Maa means Mother
Ke  could mean (as I been told ,but still I am not quite sure shell we read as "belong to " or as plural form of Mother's ) plural as Mother's or God's (more then one ) ,
Duniya-World

If we remind our self of universality of Maa as first used word for what we'll say today  God ,than conlusion could be
Maa Ke  Duniya
The God's World

in Macedonian

- Make means Mother
Don could have the meaning of the World because according to the fact that one word could  have more meanings than is more than officialy that in our language Zemja mean Eart ot the Planet Earth or the World
Don->*Dzon->*Dzeme->*Zeme->*Zemia->Zemja-with meaning the World or
Makedonija
Mother's World
or:

- observing via sufix ia ,than meaning could be :
ija -> belong to

Make Don ija
or
Land what belong to the Mother Earth becouse
Make means Mother
Don->*Dzon->*Dzeme->*Zeme->*Zemia->Zemja- Earth  (on English )

If we supposed that Maa ke is a plural in Hindi  ,could we have dilema for one or more then one at the word Make in Macedonian is plural its self as well ?
Let's see how we could find out .
In Macedonian language plural form is made when we will add letter I at the end of the words
as we have
MajkA -Mother as singular
MajkI -mothers as plural
I have to notes that we do not face  the word "MakIdonia as we don't  "MakAdonia"
But  the Word MakEdonia .
To explaine this I have to say something about the word Mama
Beacause Mama is another form for expresing Mother written as diminutive, firstly what we have to do will be  try to see this word from   singular/plural angle
As we know Mama is word in singulare meaning one only . In case one word only .

Lets analyse the word Mama then .
Mama -singular but could divide on two as Ma+Ma
then we could have as follow
Mama-singular
Ma-singular
+
Ma-singular
============
Ma+Ma=plural
or tranformation could be that the very same word could turn from singularity to plurality from
Mama = 1
to
Ma=1
+
Ma=1
=====
Ma+Ma
1+ 1=2

*MamaDonia so fare

Let's turn back to the word Makedonia or how the word Mama is reflected into the word Make
The answer is dualism

if one+one=two ,then two is dual as plural words form

same is with the word Mama  or Ma+Ma =dual

We have situation that

MajkA -Mother as singular
MajkI -mothers as plural

MajkE -is dual as part of pluralism

So we have the way to going back to this post and say that if
a possible meaning of Hindi Maa ke Duniya means Mother'S World
then the same meaning is in Macedonian
MakEdonija meaning Mother'S world
or
from Macedonian language we could have fully reflecion into Hindi languages for the same word

Homer MakeDonski

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2005 at 03:19

My evidences are similar to yours! at least Makidanu really means "Deep Water" in old Avestan language but "Dunya" is obviously an Arabic word which has been entered to Hindi in recent centuries.

Slavic Languages: The original vocabulary of general terms common to Baltic and Slavic is still retained in most of the Slavic languages. In prehistoric times Proto-Slavic borrowed a number of important social and religious terms from Iranian (e.g., bogu god,' miru peace'). ...

Another example is Zemja, Modern Persian Zemin, Old Persian Zemik and Avestan Zemasca which means "Earth".

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2005 at 05:25

My evidences are similar to yours! at least Makidanu really means "Deep Water" in old Avestan language but "Dunya" is obviously an Arabic word which has been entered to Hindi in recent centuries.

Slavic Languages: The original vocabulary of general terms common to Baltic and Slavic is still retained in most of the Slavic languages. In prehistoric times Proto-Slavic borrowed a number of important social and religious terms from Iranian (e.g., bogu god,' miru peace'). ...

Another example is Zemja, Modern Persian Zemin, Old Persian Zemik and Avestan Zemasca which means "Earth".

Doesnt "Arz" mean earth in Persian and "zemin" mean the bottom?

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2005 at 06:23
Arz is also Arabic and it is not used in Persian, the only word for "earth" in Persian language is "Zemin".
Knight
Knight

Quote Homer MakeDonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2005 at 10:26

Thx for your reply .
I would like to aks you about this Iranian  word's  Bogu -God  and miru -peace .Where has   they came  from into Iranian ? And is it Bogu  masculine or femine gender word ?
Also about "Dynia" if we have it in Arabic that should not mean that its originated into that language isn it
Regards

Edited by Homer MakeDonski
tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2005 at 10:29

So be it!

But I still do not understand what do you want to prove? We know that today's macedonians are  slavs.

dorian View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2005 at 11:53
Originally posted by tzar

So be it!

But I still do not understand what do you want to prove? We know that today's macedonians are  slavs.

The Slavs of this state are called Macedonians. The original Macedonians were not Slavs.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>