Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Macedonian words in Hindi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Macedonian words in Hindi
    Posted: 21-May-2005 at 14:02

I would like to aks you about this Iranian  word's  Bogu -God  and miru -peace .Where has   they came  from into Iranian ?

Who knows?! These words exist in Iranian languages from about 5,000 years ago.

Look at this anecint Persian cuneiform inscription:

The first word is Baga (God)

And is it Bogu  masculine or femine gender word ?

Words have no gender in Iranian languages.

Also about "Dynia" if we have it in Arabic that should not mean that its originated into that language isn it

Dunya is definitely an Arabic word but it is also used in Persian, Turkish, Hindi, Uzbek, Pashto, Urdu, Hausa, Nepali, Malay and Bahasa Indonesia.

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri
tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2005 at 08:52
Originally posted by dorian

Originally posted by tzar

So be it!

But I still do not understand what do you want to prove? We know that today's macedonians are  slavs.

The Slavs of this state are called Macedonians. The original Macedonians were not Slavs.

Did I say any differently?

Everybody listen only this which understands.
dorian View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2005 at 10:16

Originally posted by dorian

So be it!

But I still do not understand what do you want to prove? We know that today's macedonians are  slavs.

The Slavs of this state are called Macedonians. The original Macedonians were not Slavs.

Did I say any differently?

Homer MakeDonski View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Homer MakeDonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2005 at 16:51
there is differency

Macedonians of this state  are called Slavs
Why ?
God knows
we  can supposed  only

Edited by Homer MakeDonski
Knight
Knight

Quote Homer MakeDonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2005 at 18:36
Just a curiosity
Macedonian Vs  Makedonian ?

How many word were   enought  to reconstructed  ancient Macedonian lahguage
 to be releated with Greek ones and to be separated from todays Macedonian ones ?

Note: Someone here writte an  English worst then myself .
using the Makedonian instead of Macedonian  for Macedonian
Thats maybe  called  daily political English language

Edited by Homer MakeDonski
dorian View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2005 at 18:59
Makedonian in the diagram is the language that Skopjans claim to use and it's more scales down than the Macedonian which is the ancient greek language. Makedonian is together with Bulgarian and it's obvious why. Because Makedonian comes from Bulgarian as everybody knows.
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2005 at 03:43
Quite simple: there're 2 languages, one ancient Macedonian which is Greek (same as the people) and a modern one which is Slavic (same as the people) closelly related to Bulgarian.
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Scytho-Sarmatian View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Scytho-Sarmatian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2005 at 04:52

Originally posted by WhiteWolf

Originally posted by strategos

I dont think theres much if any slavic words in
Hindi..

Macedonians aren't SLAV(e)S and there are probably NO SLAV(e) words in Hindi. SLAV(e)S are a Mongol race and Indians are Indo-European.

Slavs are a Mongol race?  Where do you get off making a silly statement like that?

BirTane View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote BirTane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2005 at 07:52

There is no MAcedonian language neither nation...trying to create new history doesnt mean that it stands in history ages.

the meaning of the world "makedon" nothing to do with sea...means the tall people....makos is the "length" still in use un hellenic language.

Makedanu again...you are explaining the world by using again the Greek laguage? At least use another language to do this. Dan is ancient greek world for water, river, sea. One of the name that hellens had was Danai, the people of waters. "Fovou tous Danaous...." (Be affraid of the Hellenes....) . And make is the "long"not the deep. Anyway this is not the real etymology of the world "makedon"

the Bulgarian View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote the Bulgarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 08:40

It's interesting for me to find out what other people think about the fake nation called "macedonian". What is going to happen to it according to you? My guess is that its  best option is joining Bulgaria, but I dont think that is going to happen. 

Slayertplsko View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Slayertplsko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2008 at 16:26
Originally posted by WhiteWolf

Macedonians aren't SLAV(e)S and there are probably NO SLAV(e) words in Hindi. SLAV(e)S are a Mongol race and Indians are Indo-European.

What? I'm sorry but this is ...OK so it is:

modern Macedonians are Slavs (I don't get the 'e' in there). I agree that there are no/little Slavic words in Hindi.
Slavs are caucasian race and Slavic languages are Indo-European.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Slayertplsko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2008 at 16:33
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Who knows?! These words exist in Iranian languages from about 5,000 years ago.

Impossible. Iranian languages are not that old (2nd mil. BC).
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2008 at 18:09
Hey, digging old threads make you satisfied!Wink
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Slayertplsko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2008 at 18:12
Curses! Thanks I didn't realise. You know I never read those tiny numbers that indicate the date.LOL
HEROI View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote HEROI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2008 at 14:50
MIRE,MIR,MIRI,MIRA, is a word used in many languages,even in Slavic languages,in Russian it has meaning as well.Is most probably a Slavic word meaning peace,or something positive,since it has positive meaning in all languages used.In Albanian it means Good.

As for the word Dunya is definitely a word that has come to the balcans with the Ottoman ocupation.Is most probably Arabic and it means World.So a word that has come to Balcans very late with Islam can not be a word to explain the name of the Ancient Macedonians.
What if their name really did not mean anything?Why should it mean something at any cost?And why should it at any cost have some meaning in the modern Languages of the region?Maybe the Macedonians inherited this name from their ancestors and really did not know what it actually meant themselves.

As for Vardar river,it has something to do with water for sure,in Albanian Varda means lots of water flowing.So as we can see it has simmilar meanings in many languages,precisely because they are all indo-european languages.

Me pune,me perpjekje.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Slayertplsko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2008 at 17:11
I don't know whether they're cognates, but originally MIR is a Slavic word for 'world'. In Czech or Slovak, however, 'mír/mier' do mean peace.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Slayertplsko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2008 at 17:14
Originally posted by HEROI

What if their name really did not mean anything?Why should it mean something at any cost?

Well, 99% it has a meaning, but the question is, in which language - it definitely isn't modern Macedonian Slavic.

Originally posted by HEROI

And why should it at any cost have some meaning in the modern Languages of the region?

Agreed.

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2008 at 18:55
'Mir' in Russian has both meanings - 'peace' and 'world'. That's how come Tolstoy's 'Voina i Mir' is translated 'War and Peace', whereas Mayakovsky's 'Voina i Mir' is translated 'War and the World'.
Knight
Knight

Quote Homer MakeDonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 23:46
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Look at this anecint Persian cuneiform inscription:

The first word is Baga (God)

Dear Cyrus Shahmiri
It is  me again
I will never forget your  Makidany information.
 I have been searching for a while over the word Baga (God)
Hopeful  that you'll be interested at, so fare my searches are  at  it's feminine Ma form

Knight
Knight

Quote Homer MakeDonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 23:51
Letters m,M its origin and possible meanings
For searching out of its origin and its possible meaning ,first of all we have to see its graphic construction where from we have three vertical lines |||  joined with few  `` sighs ,back at the ancients times,from right to left   written as   |` |` |`
Lets compare this symbols with the "Pictographic Vocabulary of the Words" used in the texts from the Thracian Tablets and some related Ideograms" from Dr. Stephen Guide's, “The Thracian Script Decoded -1"book ,where we could see some of similarity

(R8)*    God    

(A40; R8)* God

(R8A)*    
The Three-One God (the Trinity, the gods) - (2)    
 (“ The  One God”). In Arabic Koran, God also speaks always in plural “We, your God”, but it is always meant “The one God” (as “Allah” is accurately translated from Arabic). In Christian Tradition, the above visible “contradiction” (pl.vs sg.) is explained by the “Doctrine of the Holy Trinity” (i.e. God is One, but is three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit)….1

So we are reading explanation of :
|` = God
Lets have a look

What we do have are two sighs  | and ` ,and Stephen Guide explanations of "meaning “God” and pronounced “Nooty”,in the Boharic (North Egyptian Coptic) Dialect 1",but we well ask ourselfs is it so?

As far as we know for those ancient times two things must to be pointed :
- matriarchy as kind of religious form and
- cult of maternity      
According to those facts we must to have a bit of different description
|` Goddess instead of |` God
and Her very first recorded and shortest as well form of Ma
So we may have
| -consonant or "M"
`-vowel or "a" joined together as the very first word  
|`= Ma

If we would focused at the third pictures of "The Three-One God" or at the pictures above

than we could see following situation
|` |` |`
where

|->M
` ->a
|`->Ma

or
|` + |` + |` ->
Ma + Ma + Ma

what is about of the letter m pictograph's  form at those days written from right to left  
 |` + |` + |`
|`|`|`
m

Ref:
1-Dr. Stephen Guide, “The Thracian Script Decoded -1”, Institute o Transcendent Science, Sofia, 2006.   page.120
Internet resource:
 http://www.institutet-science.com/dictb.htm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>