Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are the Jehovah witness christians ?..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are the Jehovah witness christians ?..
    Posted: 09-May-2005 at 20:05
or a cult???

I hate it when they come to my door but it is their freedom to do so.

They have their own translation of the Bible but it does not match the translations in their Greek Lexicon. Do we have any JW's here? Just curious?????? We have a small population of JW's here and most are very nice people but when they come to the door it is annoying.
The mainstream church also calls them a cult but if you look at the definition of cult then they are all cults.

SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 22:51
They do believe jesus came right? If so then they are christians. The other day Mormons were going door to door, so it seems that its not just the Jehovah anymore.
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 22:55
Im sure theyre nice people. They can get annoying, and i dont like the idea of doing door-to-door conversions.

I dont care though, they never knock on my door. I just dont like the purpose of what theyre doing.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 07:10
They are a heresis.Nothing more.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2005 at 01:56
Catholics, Orthodox, Protestant, they're all just names. As long as you believe in Jesus, then you are Christian.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2005 at 02:40
Originally posted by Belisarius

Catholics, Orthodox, Protestant, they're all just names. As long as you believe in Jesus, then you are Christian.

Depends upon one's perspective and beliefs but I agree with you but that is our opinion!!

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2005 at 03:50
I dont care what they are but I know they are a bunch of paranoid cultists.  They dont allow children to seek medical treatment because anything related to the material world or the government is evil.  They have little pamphlets that say even the police are evil so if you are raped you cant go to the cops.  They are like scientologists because they prey on weak pathetic people and then abuse them.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2005 at 16:12
Originally posted by Tobodai

They are like scientologists because they prey on weak pathetic people and then abuse them.

Well said .

The funny thing is that most people who are very religious think they are "open-minded", when in fact most of them cant think outside their small little world. If you try to discuss philosophy with them, they bring up Jesus. If you try to discuss politics, they bring up Jesus. Try to discuss anything that is any fun, and they bring up Jesus. Ya, im sure your religion is true and the 92308923432 other religions are completely false. Great open-mindedness .
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2005 at 16:29

I dont care what they are but I know they are a bunch of paranoid cultists.  They dont allow children to seek medical treatment because anything related to the material world or the government is evil.  They have little pamphlets that say even the police are evil so if you are raped you cant go to the cops.  They are like scientologists because they prey on weak pathetic people and then abuse them.

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2005 at 16:30
I have a good idea eaglecap,get your house a little back in your property,and when they tresspass without knowing;BAMBAMBAM!
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2005 at 19:57

You got the wrong group.  The Christian Scientists forbid medical treatments for sicknesses becaues they believe diseases are merely illusions.  Jehovah Witnesses do not forbid medical treatments; however, they don't allow blood transfusion.

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 02:44
they still ban their members from going to the police, no matter what has happened to them, and that is just evil.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Perseas View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Perseas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 04:10
There is nothing wrong about them knocking on my door. Just as there is nothing wrong with me getting pissed off with them and telling them to go forth and multiply.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2005 at 20:45
Originally posted by aknc

I have a good idea eaglecap,get your house a little back in your property,and when they tresspass without knowing;BAMBAMBAM!

They might annoy me but I would not go that far!! I hate it when they or the Mormons come to my house but I also hate those Christians who stand on a soap box and tell you that you are going to HELLLLLL - Prazzze Jezuzzzzz!! But, I have learned to ignore them or politely say sorry I am not interested. It is all the same to me so, "One man's way to Heaven is another man's way to Hell."
Kentuckian View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Kentuckian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2005 at 22:04

maybe just put up a "No Jevovah's Witnesses past this point" sign right next to the "No pooping dogs on yard" sign

"I have not yet begun to fight." - John Paul Jones

"America will win through absolute victory" - President Franklin Roosevelt

"This was our finest hour." - Winston Churchill
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2005 at 07:01

Jehovas witnesses aren't christians because they believe that Jesus was not a god, merely a son of god. Whole christianity is based upon the deity of christ so you can't call Jehovas witnesses christians as they don't believe in deity of christ. They are close to christians but not them, they have separated themselves from christians.

Jehovas witnesses also sometimes forbid their members to marry people from other religions. And here in Finland they refuse to go to army because they say that government doesn't matter. They take all the good things from the society and leave the responsibilities away saying "It's not the will of god. God is my only lord and I will not support any other lord". Disgusting people in my opinion.

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2005 at 11:55

they still ban their members from going to the police, no matter what has happened to them, and that is just evil.
Not only in police but also in the army.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2005 at 22:46
To JWs Jesus is inline with second adam. Direct creation of god not son of god. They are not the first religion that has used that concept
Tiamatty View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Tiamatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 09:36

Yes, they are Christians, and many of you have very strange misconceptions about them.

They don't have anything against medical treatments except for blood transfusions - and, incidentally, there are other and safer options besides blood transfusions. They won't get mad if you go to the police - the police are there to help people, after all.

Jehovah's Witnesses do refuse to take part in politics, believing god to be non-partisan. They accept that humans just aren't very good at governing themselves - a fair assumption to make. Joining the military can be another aspect of their neutrality, but Witnesses are also pacifists and conscientious objectors.

They reject the Trinity, but that doesn't mean they reject the divinity of Jesus. The official doctrine regarding Jesus is actually that he was Michael the archangel, who became a man and is god's only begotten son. They don't believe Jesus is Jehovah; only that Jehovah created Jesus.

You can read more about them at Wikipedia.

In case you're wondering, I'm not a Witness, though my mom's been studying with them for a while now. This means I know a little bit about them, and I've also done some reading on my own.

Post Reply Post Reply