Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGreece+Serbia vs Turkey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 40>
Author
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greece+Serbia vs Turkey
    Posted: 07-May-2005 at 21:29
If such a war happened without any other nation getting involved who would win? My bet is on Turkey since it has a very powerful American influenced military.
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 21:48
Well first you said if no other countries get invovled, but then you say turkey because of American influece? Doesnt the AMerican influence count as someone getting invovled? 
http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Alexander of Macedon View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 22:23
Turkey will win
I/eye View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 04:58

I think he means no further influence..

and Turkey will win

[URL=http://imageshack.us]
Perseas View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 05:13

Originally posted by Alexander of Macedon

Turkey will win

I am sure if sth like that happened you and your Slavic friends would join Turkish military from day one, Al.

Btw what kind of signature is this you put there, Al? Is it my imagination or is your signature map contains Areas of other countries like Greece and Bulgaria??? This is called propaganda Al, sth which is too common upon your Slavic people. So considering what has happened in the past here with a flag of Cyprus, do us a favor Al. and get rid of it.

I am sure noone here appreciates members having as signature maps containing areas of other countries.

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 07:15

OOOOOOOh this is intersting!Greece has a strong navy and is powerful as turkey with aircrafts.Istanbul-open target!But Turkey is in the top 7 for the number of soldiers,tanks,navy and airplanes so tough!If we survive the loss of whole istanbul we will win.Greek military is strong,we would definatly have to rebuild istanbul

Izmir-i don't know.Overall,I think it'S like first world war war,a country with strong navy and economics against one with strong land miliyary(expt we have aircrafts,and we are close to greece)

Really hard,but i vote turky

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Gazi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 09:26
Originally posted by aknc

Izmir-i don't know.Overall,I think it'S like first world war war,a country with strong navy and economics against one with strong land miliyary(expt we have aircrafts,and we are close to greece)

You are suggesting  that the Ottoman Empire had a strong land army? Its army was numerous but they didnt have proper weapons or even a proper training.

Freedom is the recognition of necessity.-Friedrich Engels
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 10:07
Turkey,not the ottoman empire!
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 13:02

We OWN them like we did in 1071, 1453, 1923, 1974

I know it feels hard but still  We are the champions, we are the champions, YOU are the losers but WE are the champions

A suggestion let them fight with best weapons they have and we with just hand-guns still we would win.... no chance for greco-serbs  

Edited by Kenaney
OUT OF LIMIT
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 13:22
What about 1821? DId you win that year too? If your not going toi really add to the posts, then please to not participate,

Edited by strategos
AyKurt View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 13:23
Greece is much smaller territorially than Turkey so the targets are easier to reach.  Most of Greeces military is on the Thrace and Turkey would suffer great loses there, however if Turkey was smart then they could divide the Greek forces there by attacking Greece somewhere less obvious where Greece would be forced to defend thus weakening the Greeks and by the size of Turkish forces alone Turkey would force through  a weaker defended Thrace, once thats accomplished then it would be an easy victory from then on.
Also another factor is civilians.  Obviously they will get involved and again numbers is on Turkeys side.
I would give it two weeks for Turkey to get through the Thrace and maybe a week after that to finish Greece off.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
AyKurt View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 13:24
I have no idea why i just participated in this stupid thread 
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 13:56

Originally posted by AyKurt

Greece is much smaller territorially than Turkey so the targets are easier to reach.  Most of Greeces military is on the Thrace and Turkey would suffer great loses there, however if Turkey was smart then they could divide the Greek forces there by attacking Greece somewhere less obvious where Greece would be forced to defend thus weakening the Greeks and by the size of Turkish forces alone Turkey would force through  a weaker defended Thrace, once thats accomplished then it would be an easy victory from then on.
Also another factor is civilians.  Obviously they will get involved and again numbers is on Turkeys side.
I would give it two weeks for Turkey to get through the Thrace and maybe a week after that to finish Greece off.

Yeah yeah,but our border in thrace is extremely strong,my grandfather was with the army,and he told that we sent troops to the border during te cyprus event,but never called them back

AyKurt View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 14:02
Originally posted by aknc

Yeah yeah,but our border in thrace is extremely strong,my grandfather was with the army,and he told that we sent troops to the border during te cyprus event,but never called them back

ok, one week to get through the Thrace then and one more week to finish the Greeks off
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 14:03

I have heard that on the Thracian boarder it is divided by a river, and that the Greeks have the highground, and the turkish side is on lower ground. I do not believe the turks couldp ush over the river, and then Up to the highground.I have not seen the boarder, but what if the bridge or bridges are blown out. How do they cross under constant fire of greeks?

AyKurt View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 14:11
A couple of options.
the first would be to attack Greece elswhere like i said to force the Greeks to pull some troops out of the Thrace to defend other parts of Greece, the other option would depend on how the war would start.  Turkey could mount a suprise arial attack which would weaken the installations there.

Also if most of Greeces forces are on the Thrace then that would leave ther rest of Greece vulnerable.  If Turkey attacks a less defended part of Greece then the Turks could fight on two fronts of the Thrace, coming from behind as well as on the border.
Either way the Turks would be victorious.
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 14:41
Greece will put up a good fight if we attack by land.we have so many aircrafts,first we should strike from the air.After thay get over the effect of the first strike we attack!But i don't know the situation and the quality of the land army of greece wiich is strong i assume,if we win,it'll take like year or more

strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 14:42
Where else, my friend, could they attack? Send their ships through the "shark infested" waters of the Aegean, full of greek ships and missles? Thrace is the only place to realistically attack, except for the islands but the islands closest to turkey would have no major impact on the outcome of the war. If turkey could get by in thrace, then prehaps they could win the war.Who says that Serbia will not cross through Bulgaria to fight the tuks on northern thrace? there are many options.
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 17:38
I heard somewhere that Turkey was preparing to invade Serbia with ground troops during the Kosovo conflict. Is this true???

The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 23:27
Man, is this topic pathetic or are the people that have posted TOTALLY IGNORANT???????

In any military conflict, providing that other "powers" aren't involved the basis of difference is military equipment and strategic positions.

NONE OF THESE HAVE BEEN MENTIONED!!!!!!!!!

I suggest our dear pro-Turkish friends give us a list of available military targets, how they can (if they can) disable them, what the "anti-weapon" to the S300 is and exactly how they will if not disable, avoid it, what they can or will do about the ARTEMIS, how they can get through the islands of the Aegean, their available fighter planes and what type...................

War these days isn't, I have 20000 you have 2000, these kinds of battles were 500yrs ago, today it's all about strategic positions and ADVANCED military equipment.

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 40>