Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Evulution vs Creationism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which one do you belive
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
26 [86.67%]
4 [13.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Evulution vs Creationism
    Posted: 06-May-2005 at 08:00
Actually the question is wrong,evulution is not a belief
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 08:27

Originally posted by aknc

Exactly, Evolution is a well grounded theory that is accepted by the scientific world and will stand until (and if) another theory proves it wrong.

When it comes to creationism, it's a matter of religious belief... so no posibility to debate on the two.

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 09:22
BUt i would like to hear the creationist defense on the matter.They always use "science"for their counter-arguments.
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 13:55
Evolution. Because it's not a belief, but scientifically proven.
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 13:57
A very important question;why is it that people don't say the law of evulution?Is it just a theory,or a law?

I/eye View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote I/eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 22:30
we just know it happened.. we don't know the exact course and such
[URL=http://imageshack.us]
Quetzalcoatl View Drop Down
General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 01:48

ask for a brief answer; can you build a building without ground floor?

you cannot. how can you build a theory without explaining the origin of first living organism? Add the lack of transitional forms, invalid evolution mechanisms to this.

Go to school learn about biology and genetics, then come back and argue about the matter. Evidence for evolution is clearly numerous and well accepted by most scholars. Origin of life:

It has been shown in laboratory that in the presence of inorganic substance such  inorganic carbon, nitrogen, sulphur, oxygen and hydrogen compounds in an aqueous medium; an  exposure to electric currents will produce organic materials such as proteins. These conditions clearly existed at the early stage of earth evolution. It has also been shown in a soup of organic compounds molecules tends to form primitive cells, like proteins coat surrounding RNA.

Any primitive cells that can reproduce clearly can evolve through selective pressure.

Edited by Quetzalcoatl
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 02:30
Originally posted by Yiannis

Exactly, Evolution is a well grounded theory that is accepted by the scientific world and will stand until (and if) another theory proves it wrong.

When it comes to creationism, it's a matter of religious belief... so no posibility to debate on the two.

I am sorry Yiannis it is a totally unproven theory. show me in the fossil record where it shows one species evolving into another, too many gaps.

I do not deny of its possibility but it is still a theory and not fact!!

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 05:00

I am sorry Yiannis it is a totally unproven theory. show me in the fossil record where it shows one species evolving into another, too many gaps.

eaglecap i can easliy say that your sources are limited on the matter.

Evolution is a proven theory,It has been proven that there is a change.

Fossil record is one of the  biggest proofs of evolution.If there was o evolution,one would find human bons in the same layer as dinasaurs.Yes,there is a gap,but  it proves evolution.

You need some information on natural selection,mutation,adaptation and the theory of evolution itself.

It is not  a possibility,there is a change

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 05:10

No Eaglecap, it's not! A theory is not someone's guestimation. It's founded upon experimental and theoretical basis and is proven and accepted as a fact by the scientific community until someone proves it wrong. E.g. Newton's theory of gravity describes the impact of gravity  and is a fact until proven wrong. That is the meaning of the term Theory.

Coming back to crationism, it has a simple basis. That all living organisms evolved from other, previous ones and that these traces can be retracted. I cannot possibly desrcibe it in this limited space of my reply but one can easily fing more in the internet. DNA sequense is the key and it shows the relation between the species by comparing DNA samples.  

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 07:18
Yiannis sth. has been bothering me;why isn't evolution a law?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 07:42

Evolution isnt a proven theory, so it cannot be a law. And it cant be proven that one day, a fish in the ocean decided to discover the life on earth, so there appeared its legs and it is our ancestor...

Edited by Oguzoglu
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 09:07

Theres one fish thats made its steps into amphibian. It uses its fins to move across land to find another pond. And it changes from fish to amphibian and back at certain times of the year if I remember right. These are the first steps of evolution into a total land animal, it happens over millions of years, to change into something else. Whatever that exists now and seems to keep the species alive will pass it on to its offspring until the whole population has the same mutation and now is passed on with stronger genes.

Originally posted by eaglecaps

Evolution seems to hold more water then creationism in that I'd rather believe in something that can be shown and has been proven more accurately then saying some guy in the sky snapped his fingers and man was created. They actually found two more human species, one sub human group that they nicknamed the Hobbits in southern asia, and another group that actually filled in one of the gaps in our evolution in ethiopia. So you see evolution not only shows how species begin the break into different species, but the gaps are slowly being filled in. As science grows stronger in many ways, the religeous will only be left with the same faith they had and no evidence what so ever. 

And like akyncy said, there layers in the soil of earth that are proven to be layers of time. In those layers modern humans and dinosuars are no where near the same layer and as far as I know were never even found in the same layer. They gap in millions of years with those time tables. The planet evolves as we do, its a constant change on earth and creationist need to open their eyes to see that and stop living in the dark age. I don't mind them keeping their faith, but they are fighting a losing battle against science and its gonna be sad one day when science has reached that point to prove evolution law and creationist are still the way they are today. 

demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 09:29

CREATIONISM IS A SCIENCE.

Visit www.creationscience.com if you don't believe me.  Creationism challenges macroevolution (origin of speciation), not microevolution(change in frequency of alleles).   

Originally posted by akyncy

Fossil record is one of the  biggest proofs of evolution.If there was o evolution,one would find human bons in the same layer as dinasaurs.Yes,there is a gap,but  it proves evolution.

You need some information on natural selection,mutation,adaptation and the theory of evolution itself.

You should better read about "punctuated equilibrium" theorem, "gradualism" theorem, "Miller Urey experiment", "photobionts/ribozymes" "endosymbiotic theorem".....Basically you need to re-educate yourself in the area of Evolution.  Survival of the Fittest is not always the case of evolution, you know.

Grrr..
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 09:30
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

Evolution isnt a proven theory, so it cannot be a law. And it cant be proven that one day, a fish in the ocean decided to discover the life on earth, so there appeared its legs and it is our ancestor...

Oguzoglu,i respect your deep knowledge of intellectual things and history,but you do not know the theory of evolution,so please.

Evolution is proven,that's why i asked the question

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 09:38
Originally posted by demon

CREATIONISM IS A SCIENCE.

Visit www.creationscience.com if you don't believe me.  Creationism challenges macroevolution (origin of speciation), not microevolution(change in frequency of alleles).   

Originally posted by akyncy

You should better read about "punctuated equilibrium" theorem, "gradualism" theorem, "Miller Urey experiment", "photobionts/ribozymes" "endosymbiotic theorem".....Basically you need to re-educate yourself in the area of Evolution.  Survival of the Fittest is not always the case of evolution, you know.

yes it isn't always but most of the time.Creationism is not  real science

It has it's existence based on miracles,god,the will of god,and hoc moves.

And on experiments,they did create a new species using a bug that had a life spam of 2-3 hours.the experiment took decades,but they did see the creature evolving,and a new species came out

Survival of the fittest is mainly the idea,beacause animals would evolve in bad ways also.

Craetionists save their theory using the floods (noah),god destroying proof and many mumbo jumbo

Creationists belive that universe is 6000 years old.Let me ask the creationists,what about the light coming from distant stars hat reach us in millions of years?Creationism is junk,not science,but belief,it is a matter of faith,not proven fact.

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 14:17

I am sorry Yiannis it is a totally unproven theory. show me in the fossil record where it shows one species evolving into another, too many gaps. I do not deny of its possibility but it is still a theory and not fact!!

Fossil record is one of the biggest proofs of evolution.If there was o evolution,one would find human bons in the same layer as dinasaurs.Yes,there is a gap,but it proves evolution.

It is not a possibility,there is a change

I am sorry you have been so brainwashed. I have taken numeous evolutionary classes when I started college and it takes a lot of faith to believe in this as anything other then just a theory. There is no evidence of one species evolving into another in the fossil record. why don't you take Dr. Hovinds challenge and get the $250,000 if you are so convinced that it is a fact, challenge him I dare you to!! lol
My sources are much deeper than you think and I do have two college degrees. Dr. Hovind is the best person to challenge so go for it!!! Also Dr. Eastman
see his link:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/hovind/
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 14:18
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

Theres one fish thats made its steps into amphibian. It uses its fins to move across land to find another pond. And it changes from fish to amphibian and back at certain times of the year if I remember right. These are the first steps of evolution into a total land animal, it happens over millions of years, to change into something else. Whatever that exists now and seems to keep the species alive will pass it on to its offspring until the whole population has the same mutation and now is passed on with stronger genes.

Originally posted by eaglecaps

I am sorry Yiannis it is a totally unproven theory. show me in the fossil record where it shows one species evolving into another, too many gaps.I do not deny of its possibility but it is still a theory and not fact!!

Evolution seems to hold more water then creationism in that I'd rather believe in something that can be shown and has been proven more accurately then saying some guy in the sky snapped his fingers and man was created. They actually found two more human species, one sub human group that they nicknamed the Hobbits in southern asia, and another group that actually filled in one of the gaps in our evolution in ethiopia. So you see evolution not only shows how species begin the break into different species, but the gaps are slowly being filled in. As science grows stronger in many ways, the religeous will only be left with the same faith they had and no evidence what so ever.

And like akyncy said, there layers in the soil of earth that are proven to be layers of time. In those layers modern humans and dinosuars are no where near the same layer and as far as I know were never even found in the same layer. They gap in millions of years with those time tables. The planet evolves as we do, its a constant change on earth and creationist need to open their eyes to see that and stop living in the dark age. I don't mind them keeping their faith, but they are fighting a losing battle against science and its gonna be sad one day when science has reached that point to prove evolution law and creationist are still the way they are today.

It is still a fish!!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 14:22
just a theory

Gravity is also 'just a theory'
so are plate tectonics, gravity, round earth, relativity, etc.

Edited by Mixcoatl
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 15:20

Originally posted by eaglecap

. why don't you take Dr. Hovinds challenge and get the $250,000 if you are so convinced that it is a fact, challenge him I dare you to!! lol

These monetary awards are just to draw attention and worthy of TV shows, not scientific debate. So no more comments on that.

Trust me when I say that I have read a lot on the theory of Evolution as well as on the faith to creationism to form my own opinion. So let's just agree that we disagree and stick to our own. (PS. I also have two degrees -bachelor & master- if that makes any difference)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>