Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[Religion] History of Arianism

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DeciusColtiusPlumius View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DeciusColtiusPlumius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Religion] History of Arianism
    Posted: 15-Nov-2012 at 10:55
Arianism is not a pagan faith,it's a christian faith. Arianism is the theological teaching attributed to Arius. Arius was convened by Roman Emperor Constantine. Arius a christian presbyter in Alexandria, Egypt. The Arian concept of Christ is that the Son of God did not always exist,but was created by and is therefore distinct from God the belief is ground in Gospel of John passage " You heard me say,I am going away and I am coming back to you, If you loved me,you would be glad that I am going to the Father,for the Father is greater than I".
Now Arianism is defined is defined as those teachings attributed to Arius which are opposition to currently mainstream Trinitarian Christological doctrine,as determined by the first two Ecumenical Councils,and currently maintained by the Roman Catholic Church,The Eastern Orthodox Churches, The Assyrian Church of The East. All Reformation-founded Protestant churches (Lutherism, Calvinism, Anglican). "Arianism" is also often used to refer to other nontrinitarian theological systems of the 4th century,which regarded Jesus Christ,the Son of God,the Logos. Arianism History is consisted of Gothic Christianity, First Council of Nicaea, Anomoeanisms. 
Now why and how Goths are christians? 
Well Gothic Christianity refers to Christian religion of the Goths,and sometimes the Gepids,Vandals, Burgundians,who may have used Wulfila's translation of the Bible into Gothic and shared common doctrines and practices. Gothic Christianity is the earliest of the Christianization of a germanic people completed more than a century before the baptism of Frankish King Clovis I. More on Gothic Christianity is found here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_Christianity

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2012 at 08:57
What about the medieval and early modern heretics who believed Jesus was just a normal man? They were also referred to as Arians by chroniclers
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
 Post Reply Post Reply