Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

World revolution - 1917

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World revolution - 1917
    Posted: 06-Nov-2012 at 06:45
Emboldened by the Bolsheviks' seizure of power, French mutineers on the Western front turn violent and threaten to shoot their superiors if they are sent over the top. Petain's efforts to crush the mutiny only cause it to spread as the rebels view the concessions as weakness and are angered by the threat to shoot the ringleaders. Many British soldiers join their French comrades: despite supporting the monarchy they refuse to die a horrible, senseless death. The Germans, too, disobey orders to fight and make a deal with their enemies not to shoot each other.
How would the governments respond to the mutiny? Would this bring an end to the war, would there be a revolution, and which countries would be affected?
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2012 at 07:44
Perhaps France would become a Communist country and the war would end earlier?
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Iolo View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Iolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2012 at 09:43
Everything turned on Germany, the only advanced country with a serious revolutionary movement.   The Revolution either won or failed there:  everything else was decoration - which indicates that 'theory' is more important than most people think.   Lenin thought things through.   Rosa Luxemburg was good, but not good enough.
Gobeithiaw y ddaw ydd wyf.
nickherc View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote nickherc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2014 at 05:40
Originally posted by Iolo

Everything turned on Germany, the only advanced country with a serious revolutionary movement.   The Revolution either won or failed there:  everything else was decoration - which indicates that 'theory' is more important than most people think.   Lenin thought things through.   Rosa Luxemburg was good, but not good enough.

This.
Everything was up to Germany. Would be interesting to see an industrial country turn to communism, especially in Germany with their mentality. 
 Post Reply Post Reply