Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Futhark and Gokturk Runes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Futhark and Gokturk Runes
    Posted: 12-May-2005 at 05:28
wow alparslan thanx
OUT OF LIMIT
Mangudai View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Mangudai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2005 at 07:33
The Sagas specificly states that Tyrker was a german, not a rune-writing hungarian... Hungarian runes in Nova Scotia? Please, since when have Allempires become a haven for history-forgery and pseudo-science?
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2005 at 08:46

Originally posted by Mangudai

The Sagas specificly states that Tyrker was a german, not a rune-writing hungarian... Hungarian runes in Nova Scotia? Please, since when have Allempires become a haven for history-forgery and pseudo-science?

Man,

I do not claim something like this, I am importing the knowledge from another source here. In fact I remember some time ego one our Scandinavian forumers has told me about this issue. But I did not realized that Tyrker means Turk in Norwegian and I thought it was due to only chance. Now I learnt that Tyrker=Turk. This is very interesting. But when all of those stuff has been written? In Ottoman times or much earlier?

This is not impossible. There could be a relation between Turks and Scandinavians via north of Black Sea. There may be also relations in times of Khazars. In fact we know very well that Huns and Germans (Gots) were in contact and Huns ruled them.

Consequently Germanic-Turkic relations of thousands years ego can not be accepted as "history-forgery and pseudo-science".  They were facts.

Jorsalfar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Jorsalfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2005 at 10:31

Originally posted by Mangudai

Mangudai

In the sagas....

Is the person actually called tyrker(in old norse) or is tyrker a modern Norwegian translation from old norse and his name is actually something different that can be translated to Tyrker in todays Norwegian?

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2005 at 14:52
mmh, Hungarians were Finno-Ugric, and those lived in Scandinavia and Russia, so we have a connection now...
light seeker View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote light seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2010 at 00:40
what about the explanation of Dirhams in scandinavia?
what about the physical anthropological eveidence, genetic and skull nests of "litoral race"?
what about the Etruscan link to the runes that show more southerly origins?
what about the biased research up until the late 20th century, by extremist scholars and German "Nationalist" scholars such as H. Wirth and R. Elliot that dont even mention C. Asian runes?
what about the raw materials that were found in scadinavia of bronze and copper (which were scarce resources in the region)?
etc. etc. etc.
Europe was still wiping their boogers on their sleeves, while the east was using developing algebra and astonomy...
why is it there a xenophobia towards the east? the west is still obsessed with "orientalist" views and predjudice, any scholarly or acedemic study should be done with absolute objectivity....

maybe the runes were used by all, and used phonetically with each culture and language, no?
the modern turkish language uses a slightly modified latin alphabet, does that mean turks are latin or vice versa?

trade routes always extended from the east to the west...... (sorry europe, but your not that special)
ancalimon View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ancalimon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2011 at 17:14
Found something strange.

http://www.katavila.com/curiosities/runes.html

This Scandinavian rune is called ALGIZ

The strange thing is that it looks like a man who raised his arms to the sky.

This is called ALGIZ in Turkic and it is to pray to Tengri (The God)
The Turks raise their arms to the sky and pray to Tengri this way. They pray for protection and health.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12