Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Powerful Men of America with their Pets!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
toshireiyanee View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote toshireiyanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Powerful Men of America with their Pets!
    Posted: 05-Oct-2012 at 01:09
Hey all. I saw this album of powerful men with their pets and I find it interesting :) In fact, most or every president of US has pets..

They all love their pets! Thumbs up!

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2012 at 07:38

Putin apparently named his dog after Connie Rice because he thought she was a "black bitch"
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote toshireiyanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2012 at 22:38
HA.. however, Putin is from Russia.. Nonetheless, he is still powerful.. who else are you able to share? 
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2012 at 09:50
Well, like the saying goes, if you want a friend in Washington DC, get a dog.Big smile

I think the tradition of the "presidential dog" began with FDR and "Fallah".  Nixon had "Checkers", don't remember Ike's, but he had one.  I believe there was only one Pres. that had a cat.

Edited by red clay - 09-Oct-2012 at 09:57
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote toshireiyanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2012 at 03:43
From what I see in the album.. the only president with cat was Lincoln. And Ike have a dog ;) .. 

Do you guys keep pets as well?
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2012 at 14:22
Cat people like the misterious and fickle side of life; dog persons like the stable and reliable such.
One can wonder what made Lincoln marry Mary Todd and have a cat...what deep interest toward the changing moon and vagrant souls was deeply seated the ne heart of this man with serious face and tragic eyes.

We humans are still a mystery to ourselves.

Edited by Don Quixote - 19-Oct-2012 at 14:24
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2012 at 07:15
I think George Washington had a number of canine companions, including Sweet Lips, Tipsy, Tipler, Cloe, Searcher, Drunkard, Mopsey, Pilot, Tartar, Jupitar, Trueman, Truelove, Juno, Duchess, Ragman, Countess, Lady, Rover, Vulcan, Singer, Must, Tival, Forrester, Captain, and Madam Moose. 

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2012 at 09:28
Originally posted by Don Quixote

Cat people like the misterious and fickle side of life; dog persons like the stable and reliable such.
One can wonder what made Lincoln marry Mary Todd and have a cat...what deep interest toward the changing moon and vagrant souls was deeply seated the ne heart of this man with serious face and tragic eyes.

We humans are still a mystery to ourselves.

I've read something like this before, didn't buy it then anymore than now.  Folks are forever trying to catagorize people by their pets.  All it takes to wash that out is someone who has both cats and dogs. 
I've always had at least one dog, usually 2.  Collies mainly.  But on and off we would have a cat single us out, and move in.  Until recently we never had more than one cat, due to having to "rescue" a feral, we now have 2.  We are neither "cat or dog people".  We like and understand animals.

When the kids were still home, we had a zoo, ferrets, iguanas, even a crippled Mallard named Fred.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2012 at 10:56
Both cats and dogs  persons need the both parts. Different animals give us different stuff, just like different people do. I have had  cats and dogs, and both, in different periods of my life, and really depending of what I need in the moment. Dogs give a strong bond, are always there for you, and are very loyal; while cats have their own lives, and from time to time stop to look in one's soul with their big Hekatic eyes. Big difference in the character of the both animals, IMHO.

It's a completely different experience to have a cat and a dog, at least this is what I got out of it; as much as the difference between an understandng, faightful, and devoted spouse /dog/; and a feral, seducing, fickle and vagrant lover /cat/. Dogs had always been there for me, cats been with me for themselves. What did I prefer to have at the moment is what I needed at that particular moment, hence my choice of one or another.

But then, it may be just me, I tend to overthink everythingDead.

Edited by Don Quixote - 20-Oct-2012 at 10:58
ThaKing View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ThaKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2012 at 12:44
Me thinks Obama's pet is a drone, he operates from the White House basement, sipping homebrew beer, shooting up Afghani women and children.
 Post Reply Post Reply