Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help with Meaning of Stone Tablet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ballistic View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ballistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with Meaning of Stone Tablet
    Posted: 19-Sep-2012 at 19:10
My friend's dad had stone tablets made with this design.  He never said what the meaning was.  These were made in the 30's in New Jersey.  Is it purely an artistic design or is there a historical hidden meaning?  Thanks in advance for the help.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2012 at 23:21
Do you have any idea where in NJ? Do you know for certain that they were modern manuf.?  Or were they found this way.

Another ?"  How many of these are there, and do they make any sense when put together?

It must have had some value or meaning to the owner, to have kept them.

Ballistic View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ballistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2012 at 00:05
I think he requested that they were made with those designs specifically.  Not sure where in NJ.  This is the only remaining one, but from what I understand, they all have the same design.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2012 at 10:38
I don't think it's Masonic, although someone out there might disagree.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2012 at 14:19
If they are they are unknown to me. As I am well versed in Masonic symbols in general usage. Nor do they resemble any of the more traditional native symbols I am aware of.

Tho the two on the left presenting angles resemble the geometric symbol for angularity.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2012 at 14:41
The lines appear to be machine cut.  Could this be a test piece for setting up a production run?  The symbols at the bottom appear to have been cut with a larger tool.  Mark outs for the pattern?

A side note-

There have been stones found in Quarries in Pa. and several other states, that were found already cut and marked with Roman Numerals.  Others have some kind of runic inscriptions.  The problem is, they were excavated some 20-30 ft down from present surface level.
That's why I was looking for background, but you said that he ordered these made.  With that in mind, you should start to look into his background, family etc.  They might have answers.

Ballistic View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ballistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2012 at 14:48
Thanks for the help.  He kept the meaning a secret.  Maybe he just did that to screw with people.  I figured the top portion represented the sun and the angles had some masonic meaning.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2012 at 15:57
Originally posted by Ballistic

Thanks for the help.  He kept the meaning a secret.  Maybe he just did that to screw with people.  I figured the top portion represented the sun and the angles had some masonic meaning.

Angles perse have different meanings in Masonic symbology but that is case specific....for example  among the greater Masonic symbols is the compass.....and the size of the angle formed between the arms of the compass very definitely has meaning. More then one.Wink
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2012 at 20:07
Could it simply be a decorative sundial?
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Ballistic View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ballistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2012 at 22:28
I guess anything's possible.  Could be.
 Post Reply Post Reply