Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What Is The Real Purpose Of Life?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Is The Real Purpose Of Life?
    Posted: 29-Aug-2012 at 14:57
We are examples that are exposed for mutations.Creator takes best samples for My Space database.SmileIt's free of charge...and painless...LOL
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2012 at 15:18
I will try to avoid any Monty Python refs.Big smile

Living Life is in itself a purpose.  Which is why I was taught to live life to it's fullest.  Experience everything possible, if it feels good...........etc.  Self fulfillment, otherwise there is no purpose.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2012 at 15:27
Here You are:

Edited by medenaywe - 29-Aug-2012 at 15:28
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2012 at 16:08
Originally posted by red clay

Living Life is in itself a purpose.  Which is why I was taught to live life to it's fullest.  Experience everything possible, if it feels good...........etc.  Self fulfillment, otherwise there is no purpose.
Bravo, red, for such sentiment, which I convey to you while viewing the opening ceremony of the paralympics, for these people celebrate life in the way you say. I guess if you feel the weight of the world on your shoulders, or you blame yourself for the things which have gone wrong in your life, or maybe you find it impossible to come to terms with your life now....etc...it might be hard to equate a meaning to this thing called life.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2012 at 17:03
Originally posted by medenaywe

We are examples that are exposed for mutations.Creator takes best samples for My Space database.SmileIt's free of charge...and painless...LOL

And only true if you believe in that particular religious tenet.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2012 at 17:09
Many who have answered seem to believe that Life is what-you-see-is-what-you-get.  Some espouse Creationism, which begs the question of the handicapped, retarded and so forth.  Why would any "intelligent creator" turn out flawed human beings?

A couple of responders seem to think as I do; Life is essentially an accident, without purpose.  Therefore, all of human history is merely a frantic and futile effort to assign purpose to that which has none.

I noticed that no one touched on reincarnation, a belief held by hundreds of millions of Hindus.

For the record, I believe that Life is a one way trip from cradle to grave, and that's all that there is.

I thank all of you for an interesting discussion. 
lirelou View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote lirelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2012 at 17:12
My purpose in this existence is to prepare for the next. And so on, until my selves extinguish and we become whatever part we shall be of infinity. 
Phong trần mài một lưỡi gươm, Những loài giá áo túi cơm sá gì
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2012 at 17:14
Life's real purpose as I have noted elsewhere on many a venue....remains like a bucket of shitt...dont like the smell...... get out of the bucket. One probably wont be missed very long anyway.
And...that's life.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 29-Aug-2012 at 17:16
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2012 at 17:17
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

Life's real purpose as I have noted elsewhere on many a venue....remains like a bucket of shitt...dont like the smell...... get out of the bucket. One probably wont be missed very long anyway.
And...that's life.

Where did you get your bucket from?  Shocked
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2012 at 17:38
Don't matter if it's one way or round trip or ya think you will come back as cow or cockroach or wtf ever. Or ya don't believe in that or any other theological system as far as I'm concerned...tho it's probably wiser to keep one handy and in reserve.

It is what I make it or don't. Who created me and that ability is another thread.

And the buckets were on sale....at Artesia Feed and Supply.Wink

S. T. Friedman

Delenda est Roma View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote Delenda est Roma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2012 at 17:47
If you're alive with no purpose and created accidentally why are you still alive?
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2012 at 18:09
Who created me and that ability is another thread.Wink

S. T. Friedman

General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2012 at 18:35
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

Don't matter if it's one way or round trip or ya think you will come back as cow or cockroach or wtf ever. Or ya don't believe in that or any other theological system as far as I'm concerned...tho it's probably wiser to keep one handy and in reserve.

It is what I make it or don't. Who created me and that ability is another thread.

And the buckets were on sale....at Artesia Feed and Supply.Wink

With or without the aforementioned contents? Big smile
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2012 at 18:35
Originally posted by Delenda est Roma

If you're alive with no purpose and created accidentally why are you still alive?

To lazy to kill myself and too healthy to die yet.  Cool
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2012 at 01:45
Originally posted by Delenda est Roma

What other choice do you get? We get blown into life, "trown through that door"and for the rest of time we are "Riders on the Storm". Which has some fun parts - sex, for example. But sex cannot be purpose, as cannot jobs, children, families, etc, be purpose of life - those are just little projects we fill up time with.

But what is essensial to understand is that those projects are our own illusory ones, created by us ourselves, and have nothing to do with any higher purposes, etc illusions. This is my opinion anway.

Edited by Don Quixote - 30-Aug-2012 at 01:47
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2012 at 06:03
Live is not evil but evil also live here!Enjoy every second of Your life avoiding Evil..Smile
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2012 at 14:31
Originally posted by medenaywe

Live is not evil but evil also live here!Enjoy every second of Your life avoiding Evil..Smile

Since Evil only exists in people, that would mean becoming a total hermit. 

Seems like we have drifted away from the actual thread and into discussions of dieties, Evil and Censored-filled buckets.  Tongue
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2013 at 11:02
Purpose maybe not an innate attribute of cosmic substance. Planets, nebulae, birds, trees, amoebas, they exist fine without delving too deep about their purposes. It always gives me a soothing feel to recognise myself part of them. Anyway, life will always glide ahead, as programmed, to fulfill itself. But if I have to pick up a real purpose of life, I will choose "to survive". There is less risk of delusion in it, because any other animals do the same.
artfreak28 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote artfreak28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2013 at 19:44
Without the beauty of the natural world I truly believe or existence would have very little positive and euphoric feelings of belonging.  This sense that we are a part of something greater than ourselves is an extremely powerful and beneficial sensation absolutely necessary to all of us. 
visheshj View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote visheshj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2018 at 03:28
to get more insight into life
read bhagavad gita as it is by HDG A C bhaktivedanta swami, see also http://info.iskcondesiretree.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>