Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Slavonic mythology

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slavonic mythology
    Posted: 03-May-2005 at 08:55

I won't tell you about slavonic gods, because for me they are not so interesting as other creatures, among who one of them is very popular today, but your vision for it is pretty different than slavonic believes.

First are Samodivi. They are virgins, beautiful female creatures, usually they are blonde and some of them have wings. Somidivi  live in the deep forest and they have one glade where they make theirs meetings and female intrigues.They keep their glade at big secret if some man finds it, he will never get back or if he gets back, he will be too sick and will die after some days. The power of somodivite is at their clothes if some man can steal their clothes they become his slave or adopt him. Somodivite like much music, so they steal people /usually man/ who can sing or play and never get back him! Samodivite appear at the spring and summer. They like very much holly days and kill the people who don't honour them

Next creature is Lamia. Lamiata is female creature and looks like the dragon, but she is bigger and lives deeply at the sea or the forest. Lamiata likes eats people and usually push some villages to nourish her. Although that Lamiata is so fearful many heros kill them /as hobby/. One of them is Krali Marko who is adopted by Samodiva and after he beats Lamiata, broke much enemy heads.

The biggest enemy of Lamiata is Zmeia. Zmeia is male creature, handsome and nourish with milk, bread and wine. They like the people and much more like the  locally beauty.

Now is a turn of the familiar vampires. To become a vampire is not need to be bitten by Vlad Drakula.  A vampire is  the soul of dead man/woman, which corpse was jumped  from cat or has a ulcer or was too bad at  his/her life. For those sins the God don't allow him to enter in the world of the deads and they stay at the world of the lives. So he hasn't a tie with the devil.  Vampires look like shadows or animals - dog, cat, hen. The vampires usually are stupid and believe on everything which you tell him/her and they fear from almost everything - wolfs, water, iron, animals bones, fire, light, thorn. The vampires from "low level" make only bad things on their live relatives - walking on the walls, clang with dishes, excruciate them. Vampires from higher level drink blood and are much powerful. All of them can be caught by so called - vampirdjii /people who pursue vampires/. After they catch him, they boiled him in a cauldron and kill him! If you go to the graveyards and the grave has a hole or is concave, be sure this man is vampire! To stop him drill his body with hot nail!

Edited by tzar
Everybody listen only this which understands.
giani_82 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote giani_82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 18:08

http://free.bol.bg/slavpagan/home.html

There are many more creations of myths around and this is the best site I've come around lately.

tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 09:19

Well I know, but if I started to explain all of them....it'd be better to write a book

Everybody listen only this which understands.
giani_82 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote giani_82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 13:34
Indeed, that's why I gave the link.
 Post Reply Post Reply