Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Old tv shows

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old tv shows
    Posted: 26-Jul-2012 at 19:36

It was still a great show though. Do you remember this one Alani?
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2012 at 20:14
Originally posted by Nick1986

It was still a great show though. Do you remember this one Alani?
Ah, yes Nick, I can feel it all flooding back. Not that in those days I was stuck in front of the screen all day or anything, but Flipper was one of those shows we just about always watched.Smile
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2012 at 19:57

Chuck Norris!

Edited by Nick1986 - 27-Jul-2012 at 20:27
shanerobbed View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Spammer

Quote shanerobbed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2012 at 19:37
Hello friends,

I don't have knowladge of Old TV show. I'm watching new TV shows and enjoying very much...............

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2012 at 19:46
Originally posted by shanerobbed

Hello friends,

I don't have knowladge of Old TV show. I'm watching new TV shows and enjoying very much...............

Spread 'em creep! I'm bustin' you!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2012 at 19:27
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2012 at 18:48
My favorites are those that are strongly historically based, those that are fantasy/pseudo-history based, and those that are suspenseful and/or thought provoking...and some that are just plain action.

Examples are Rome, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, Flash Forward, XIII, Strikeback, CSI NY and Vegas, NCIS - love the cast - Lost and similar shows.  I'm also a fan of historical documentaries and historical docu-dramas.

I refuse outright to watch anything called a "reality" show.  Ermm
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2012 at 19:55
Mountain Man, have you seen the new Spartacus TV series? It's similar to the Tudors and Rome, but a lot bloodier
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2012 at 12:38
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

Or I am cooking tiswin.. and chasing Apache women.
I am unable to provide a clip of this..... Wink

And it's just as well....I'm sure it would be X-rated.  Cool
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2012 at 12:41
Originally posted by Nick1986

Mountain Man, have you seen the new Spartacus TV series? It's similar to the Tudors and Rome, but a lot bloodier

I have seen it, and the next series "Vengeance" - all of them, in fact - and despite the blood, gore and gratuitous sex - or maybe because of it - I liked them.  Big smile

The Tudors was terrific - kind of a historically accurate version of Game of Thrones!

Edited by Mountain Man - 20-Aug-2012 at 12:43
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2012 at 19:07
I've seen a few episodes of Vengeance but Sky keeps skipping back to the first and second series. I hope they include the famous "I'm Spartacus" scene in the final episode of War of the Damned
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2012 at 19:11
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2012 at 19:02

Edited by Nick1986 - 23-Aug-2012 at 19:02
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2012 at 21:00
My favorite old shows were:

The Prisoner
The Avengers
Hill Street Blues
Star Trek
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2012 at 07:34
I have another list here, it goes back aways.Wink

Ramar of the Jungle, 1954
Bonanza, Man with a Camera, Cannonball[corny as hell, but it was the first decent trucker show]
Dragnet, the original.
What In The World? An incredible show from the Uof P Museum, hosted by Froleich Rainey.  It first aired in 1958.  Won a peabody and is the reason I became interested in Archaeology.

Doctor Who, the first version and the version with Tom Baker as Who.  I loved the special effectsBig smile
like the broomstick arms on the Daleks, that waggeled when they moved, and the tin foil wrapped around the broomstick to make it look metallic.  Shower head Rayguns etc.  Great stuff.

r
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2012 at 18:28
Here are two oldies that I really enjoyed:

Cosmos
Connections
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2012 at 11:16
Connections isn't really that old.  It's still in syndication.  I used certain episodes to gather class interest when I was teaching.  The game was to figure out where he was going with it and where he would end up. 
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2012 at 18:58
Originally posted by red clay

Connections isn't really that old.  It's still in syndication.  I used certain episodes to gather class interest when I was teaching.  The game was to figure out where he was going with it and where he would end up. 

Well...rats...Ouch

It isn't shown here anymore, and I really liked it.  It was educational, too.

I almost forgot, somehow, one of the best of the oldie shows - Mork and Mindy.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2012 at 19:40
Originally posted by red clay

I have another list here, it goes back aways.Wink

Ramar of the Jungle, 1954
Bonanza, Man with a Camera, Cannonball[corny as hell, but it was the first decent trucker show]
Dragnet, the original.
What In The World? An incredible show from the Uof P Museum, hosted by Froleich Rainey.  It first aired in 1958.  Won a peabody and is the reason I became interested in Archaeology.

Doctor Who, the first version and the version with Tom Baker as Who.  I loved the special effectsBig smile
like the broomstick arms on the Daleks, that waggeled when they moved, and the tin foil wrapped around the broomstick to make it look metallic.  Shower head Rayguns etc.  Great stuff.

Red, a couple of years ago my local museum had an exhibition of Dr Who props. There was an original Dalek, an early version of K-9, a replica of the Tardis and the Doctor's patchwork coat (complete with cat badge)
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2012 at 13:26
The original Fugitive series with Ben Gazzara.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>