Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

South asian connections with northern europe?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: South asian connections with northern europe?
    Posted: 02-Jul-2012 at 13:05
I dont know if any of you guys are following south asian genetics, but recent publications clearly show that northern south asians have a lot of northern european genetic component in them. People like Jatt(punjabis) Pashtuns, Kalash, Kashmiries and some northern hindu brahmins groups have actually show in the range 15-20% northern european genetic component. This clearly indicates that a massive movement of people from northern europe towards south asia occurred some time. Mostly likely this is the clear evidence of Aryan invasion or migration that occurred probably some 3000 years ago

there is a genetic cline that forms from North east europe all the way to south asia

People in central asia like Tajiks, Kazakhs etc, show between 20-25% northern europe component, they are part of this cline

In the same sense if you go west towards Iran or middle east, the northern europe genetic component totally vanishes

Edited by balochii - 02-Jul-2012 at 13:07
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2012 at 19:20
Some people think the Jatts were related to the barbarian Jutes
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2012 at 20:12
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Venkytalks View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Venkytalks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2013 at 11:18
Originally posted by Nick1986

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=X0uZfd4EwZQC&lpg=PA97&ots=L7W038zFTY&dq=jats%20jutes&pg=PA97#v=onepage&q&f=false

Very unlikely. Jats are probably of local indian or indus valley origin.

The only jutes who probably came to india are the English colonisers of 19th century and the only Jats to reach England are probably the recent immigrants.

Not even that connection is likely with Jutland.

As for mitochondrial Dna and y chromosome, we still dont have that much data and a lot of it is conflicting. More analysis is needed - and quickly before interbreeding destroys even that.

Any 2 populations living in proximity soon exchanges a lot of genetic materials even within 100 years leave alone 3000 years
Venky
 Post Reply Post Reply