Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Slavorum.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slavorum.com
    Posted: 05-Jul-2012 at 10:47
http://www.v-stetsyuk.name/en/Alterling/Bulgar.html is someone's poor understanding and stating an old and refuted theory, most probably with a politicical idea in mind. This is not historical cite by any means; and the genetic research refutes that the Bulgars were Turks.

"...A peculiar Slavic-Mediterranean gene admixture is in the core of the Bulgarian nation, a new Bulgarian-Italian genetic study has revealed.

Gene probes of 855 Bulgarians, including individuals from the country's Islam population, have been gathered and compared with other European nations, Professor Draga Toncheva from the Sofia-based Medical University has explained in an interview for the Bulgarian National Radio.

The results have failed to show any Turkic connection in the Bulgarians nation's genesis, contrary to popular beliefs.

Croatians, Poles, Ukrainians and other Slavic nations are closest to Bulgarians, according to the study. However, Bulgarians are a peculiar type of Slavs, since they also have Mediterranean genes,  head of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences' Microbiology Institute Angel Galabov has pointed out.

The Bulgarians' "peculiarity" has probably been the result of their contacts with ancient Thracians, scientists reckon.

The place of origin of the Ancient Bulgarians is most likely Eastern Iran, a group of anthropologists and scientists claimed in 2010 after an exploratory trip to the Persian lands...."http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=131894

"...The genotyping of 60 biallelic markers was performed in hierarchical order by RFLP and DHPLC analyses. The position of Bulgarians among other populations was visualized by Principal Component (PC) analysis.
About 80% of the total genetic variation in Bulgarians falls within haplogroups E-M35, I-M170, J-M172, R-M17 and R-M269. This finding shows that the Bulgarian haplogroup profile is congruent with those described for most European populations.
Among the prehistoric events marked by the observed haplogroups, the greatest contribution comes from the range expansion of local Mesolithic foragers triggered by adoption of agriculture introduced by a cadre of Near Eastern farmers. The Bulgarian Y chromosome gene pool also bears signals of the recolonization from different glacial refugia, the spread of agriculture from the Near East and the expansion of early farmers along the Central and East European river basins...." http://www.abstractsonline.com/Plan/ViewAbstract.aspx?sKey=006d5e3a-ea14-49ff-9b39-f0a042d39185&cKey=bfc88c56-5e93-4ee2-89e6-c3ab1bd25f5c&mKey={DFC2C4B1-FBCD-433D-86DD-B15521A77070}

Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2012 at 11:04
As for wiki, thre are -lenty of examples of good info there, as the following example:
"...Genetically, modern Bulgarians are more closely related to other Balkan populations (Macedonians, Serbs, Greeks, Romanians, Albanians, Croatians and Hungarians) than to the rest of the Europeans.[77][78][79] The Bulgarians also have minor similarities with other Mediterranean populations such as Armenians, Italians, Anatolians, Cretans and Sardinians.[80][81] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgarians#Genetic_origin

According to Eupedia, the Y-chromosome DNA haplogroup results about Bulgarians are the following: R1b � 18%, R1a � 14%, I � 37%, J2 � 17%, E1b1b � 12%.[82] In this way, a majority (>2/3) of the Bulgarians belong to one of the three major European Y-DNA haplogroups � I, R1a and R1b. All three groups migrated to Europe during the Upper Paleolithic, around 30,000 BC. Around 10,000 ago, some neolithic lineages, originating in the Middle East, as J2 and E1b1b, have brought the agriculture to Europe, including today Bulgaria...."
http://illyria.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=geneticsbasedstudies&action=print&thread=28607
 Which doesn't mean that everything written there is supported, or anymore valid. I was raised on the Turkic origin theory, that now is refuted and in shambles.

Btw, I posted here enough info on the topic, and besied this is not a thread about the origin of the Bulgarians per se, so if someone wants to follow up, I'd recommend to make a thread about that.

TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2012 at 22:42
It would unfortunately seem that there are those who either by accident are mixing up the terms Bulgar and Bulgarian, or are following the all too familiar approach of those seeking to bridge a gap between classical antiquity and a modern population in a similar fashion as the Ahnenerbe of 1930's Germany. I will leave it to others to theorise as to the possibilities, for proof here is not in my hands. However this thread has nothing to do with such things, or shouldn't do, and should now hopefully be brought back on track. Enough said.Smile
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12