Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Two Views: Drumbeat for War on Iran

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two Views: Drumbeat for War on Iran
    Posted: 03-Apr-2012 at 12:21
Both well written.  Both make cogent points in their analysis and evaluations. Read them both.
Military Interpretive analysis must be as objective as possible. For mistakes cost lives and treasure. And while that's a natural consequence of inherent predetermination stacked in a certain direction (due to past analysis) or through inefficient work...it is not the ...I say again... it is not the trademark of the professional. I may not like the rhetoric and or propo or the questionability of the other sides viewpoint and or even it's actual credibility but I must ntl always evaluate it. The business of producing an accurate and credible estimate is never easy. Many factors involved. But it must always be attempted.

I know.... I used to assist in their developement at varying levels.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2012 at 19:11
Attacking Iran is insane, regardless of how evil its leaders are. The best thing America can do is stick with the current strategy: impose harsh sanctions, set up no-fly zones and wait until the people rise up and overthrow their oppressors, as happened in Libya and Egypt
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2012 at 20:38
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Post Reply Post Reply