Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

If they would be so foolish to make the attempt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If they would be so foolish to make the attempt
    Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 02:47
The retaliation would be harsh because our military technology would not be affected from what I have heard. Iran would become ashes!! I hope it never goes this far!!

Iran plans to knock out
U.S. with 1 nuclear bomb
Tests missiles for electromagnetic pulse weapon that could destroy America's technical infrastructure

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=439 56

Edited by eaglecap
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 03:24

that would quite possibly be the dumbest thing ever...persoanlly while I dispise Irans rulers I dobt they could be in power as they are without some brains, thus they have enough brains to know not to do something so stupid...

Kim Jong Il on the other hand...hes a total psycho and I could see him launching nukes and then getting wiped out.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 04:34

Eaglecap, get real.

This is propaganda material. They're trying to scare you in order to control you. It has always been like that. First it was the communists, now it's the terrorists. Iran (same as Iraq-remember WMD?) is no threat to US national security.

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 05:32
You can destroy the whole of Iran but does it matter for Mullahs who live in their palaces in the heart of the north of Tehran mountains? They say Islam has no border, if you ask an Iranian Mullah where he lives, he will answer "Islamic Republic" not even "Islamic Republic of Iran", maybe you don't believe it but some months ago brother of one of Iranian generals  (in fact one of greatest Iranian genreals who was killed during Iran-Iraq war) was arrested for insulting the Martyrs of Islam because he said my brother was killed for defending his country!
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 08:22
Originally posted by Yiannis

Eaglecap, get real.

This is propaganda material. They're trying to scare you in order to control you. It has always been like that. First it was the communists, now it's the terrorists. Iran (same as Iraq-remember WMD?) is no threat to US national security.

I wish all Greeks could see this "fear" issue as far as Turkey is concerned.

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 09:37

Originally posted by eaglecap

The retaliation would be harsh because our military technology would not be affected from what I have heard. Iran would become ashes!! I hope it never goes this far!!

Iran plans to knock out
U.S. with 1 nuclear bomb
Tests missiles for electromagnetic pulse weapon that could destroy America's technical infrastructure

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=439 56

Smart people that Iranians.A bomb strong enough can destroy the whole continent.

But it will start MAD

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 14:39
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

You can destroy the whole of Iran but does it matter for Mullahs who live in their palaces in the heart of the north of Tehran mountains? They say Islam has no border, if you ask an Iranian Mullah where he lives, he will answer "Islamic Republic" not even "Islamic Republic of Iran", maybe you don't believe it but some months ago brother of one of Iranian generals (in fact one of greatest Iranian genreals who was killed during Iran-Iraq war) was arrested for insulting the Martyrs of Islam because he said my brother was killed for defending his country!

Is this a dream for a world Islamic Republic?
I think there is darkness on both sides but I hope that someday the U.S. and Iran can work out our differences in peace, probably not reality.
I can understand that aspects of American culture are seen as very negative in Islamic culture, even amongst many Christian and conservative groups. This is a total clash of cultures and sooner or later it will come to a head.
I really do not want to see more Americans killed in an endless war let alone the innocent Iranians caught in the middle.
I enjoyed the company of Iranians I have known because they seemed honest and very intellectual.
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 15:08

Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

You can destroy the whole of Iran but does it matter for Mullahs who live in their palaces in the heart of the north of Tehran mountains?

Those people will die a slower more painful death because of radioactive material

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 16:42

Propaganda material. Same as Iraq. Same reason the U.S. has excuses to make domestic laws to control its population and brainwash them (patriot act). I know better than to trust my government.

However its a possibility, the Mullahs are crazy. But, i think its exaggerated a lot. All the U.S. needs to do is show its population some crazy ruler (Mullahs, and in the case of Iraq, Saddam) and just tell the citizens here that they want to bomb us and destroy us. The U.S. government is getting way too predictable. I know better than to fully trust any of their news reports.

Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 19:02

^^^The problem with the Iraq war is Bush pushed for it to quickly, even when the CIA which is apart of the US gov't, said that they weren't sure if there were any WMD. Further more the US gov't said there were 25 other countries that can be considered a higher risk to us by terrorist support then Iraq was. So its just apart of the US gov't and that part is the Bus adminstration who later blamed the CIA for not giving enough information.

I really don't ever see a war with Iran, I could be wrong, but I think Bush learned his lesson, and set a example for other Presidents to come. So even if the President wants to goto war again, I think he'll wait for his approval before making another move to upset our allies again.

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 21:41
a true American, in the tradition of the foundations and precidents established by our predicesors, NEVER trusts their government, nor obeys it when it is wrong.  How many true Americans are left?  Not many.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 22:27

There was a time when everyone loved the government, that was all before the depression. I've already said this in a few threads, and I'll say it again, people used to the the US gov't, they didn't get into anyones personal life. When Roosevelt came into office all that changed, he made the gov't start to interfere in business, from there the gov't kept going ont hat path of getting into things. Thats why I'm afraid of the conservatives, if they keeping gaining ground now, what will it be like in 50 years?

I forget which president it was, but he always used to have huge keg parties that all citizens were able to goto. I think it was Jackson, but in either case I can tell you everyone trusted and loved the government then

Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 23:46
Regardless of whether the Iranians are actually planning this, which I bet they are in a hypothetical but not operational sense, how can you say they aren't a threat to the United States.  Look at the history of our relations since 1979, and how the Iranians support terrorism against our interests, and even the Europeans are pressuring the Iranians to get rid of their nuclear program.  Let's not be ridiculous here as to say that America and Iran would be friends were it not for Bush.
Member of IAEA
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2005 at 00:12
Originally posted by Genghis

Regardless of whether the Iranians are actually planning this, which I bet they are in a hypothetical but not operational sense, how can you say they aren't a threat to the United States. Look at the history of our relations since 1979, and how the Iranians support terrorism against our interests, and even the Europeans are pressuring the Iranians to get rid of their nuclear program. Let's not be ridiculous here as to say that America and Iran would be friends were it not for Bush.

Well said!!!
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2005 at 06:43
Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

Propaganda material. Same as Iraq. Same reason the U.S. has excuses to make domestic laws to control its population and brainwash them (patriot act)

BRAVO

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2005 at 06:47
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

I forget which president it was, but he always used to have huge keg parties that all citizens were able to goto. I think it was Jackson, but in either case I can tell you everyone trusted and loved the government then

America was great because it's citizens were equal,respected and free.That changed,not the government

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2005 at 14:06

Originally posted by Alparslan

I wish all Greeks could see this "fear" issue as far as Turkey is concerned.

Do you HAVE to turn this also in a Greek-Turk issue? As you have noticed, I'm not interested.

Edited by Yiannis

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2005 at 14:21

Regardless of whether the Iranians are actually planning this, which I bet they are in a hypothetical but not operational sense, how can you say they aren't a threat to the United States.  Look at the history of our relations since 1979, and how the Iranians support terrorism against our interests, and even the Europeans are pressuring the Iranians to get rid of their nuclear program.  Let's not be ridiculous here as to say that America and Iran would be friends were it not for Bush.

Not a single evidence produced, EVER.

It seems that you want to attack them just because they don't like you!

Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2005 at 22:04

What the hell are you talking about?  The Iranians admitted that they're refining uranium, it's a fact that they have a nuclear program.

Member of IAEA
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2005 at 22:17

Regardless of whether the Iranians are actually planning this, which I bet they are in a hypothetical but not operational sense, how can you say they aren't a threat to the United States. Look at the history of our relations since 1979, and how the Iranians support terrorism against our interests, and even the Europeans are pressuring the Iranians to get rid of their nuclear program. Let's not be ridiculous here as to say that America and Iran would be friends were it not for Bush.

What the hell are you talking about? The Iranians admitted that they're refining uranium, it's a fact that they have a nuclear program.

So true!!

This, like my other source, is from Rueters:
Iran Says Will Restart Enrichment if Talks Fail
Thu Apr 28, 2005 08:14 AM ET
Printer Friendly | Email Article | Reprints | RSS                 

Top News
     Amid Poll Woes, Bush Proposes Social Security Fix
     Republican Leader Offers Compromise on Judges
     NASA to Delay Space Shuttle Launch
MORE

THE HAGUE (Reuters) - Iran will restart its uranium enrichment program if talks with European Union heavyweights France, Britain and Germany fail on Friday, Foreign Minister Kamal Kharrazi said on Thursday.

"If there is no agreeme... see link:

link:
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyI D=8330981§ion=news
original source:
http://jihadwatch.org/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>