Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why should Turrkey join the EU?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why should Turrkey join the EU?
    Posted: 05-May-2005 at 05:37

Originally posted by Phallanx

As if "Frog legs" or a simple "hamburger" is healtier than a 20day old lamb that has fed on nothing more than it's mama's tit

Exactly.Hamburgers should be banned.If they can ban kokorec because of it's "unhealthyness" they should ban hamburgers.Have you ever watched a hamburger ba made in burger king or sth.?Thge guy uses 2 year old gloves,or no gloves covered with dirt and wax,then he slaps your burger with lettuce and stuff.It would be better if you just licked the floor.

You didn't answer my question,will you recommend kokorec?

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 08:53
Is Haggis also banned? -  Haggis:  a traditionally Scottish dish that consists of the heart, liver, and lungs of a sheep or a calf minced with suet, onions, oatmeal, and seasonings boiled in the stomach of the animal
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 09:19
I don't think so
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 09:34

After all I've posted do you think the answer would be no????
To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 09:40

Kokorec - Smells good. Long as its clean, eat em up!

About Versailles, they took dumps in a vase or a large jug. No joke. That is what the tour guide told us during a visit there.

Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 10:09

Kokorec - Smells good. Long as its clean, eat em up!

About Versailles, they took dumps in a vase or a large jug. No joke. That is what the tour guide told us during a visit there.

Clean? Oh, man if there isn't anything left in the intestines you lose all the taste.

I heard that the subjects would form a circle facing the opposite direction and his majesty would dump on the floor and then they'd clean up the mess.

To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 10:18

In Versailles there was a combination. Some rooms had extensions at the windows facing the garden, where one could defecate out the window-into the garden. Very practical (not to mention ecological) but a bit smelly

Some others were using pots for that purpose. The servants would clean up in the morning.

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 12:39

Originally posted by Phallanx

After all I've posted do you think the answer would be no????

Nononono,i wanted to ask if it had a negative fact about it.(exept the things in the interstines)

Is it too oily and stuff?

Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 21:01

Nononono,i wanted to ask if it had a negative fact about it.(exept the things in the interstines)

Is it too oily and stuff?

Oily????
What does oil have to do with it?
It's barbecued not fried.

tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 05:00

Oily maybe not, but greasy the Kurban certainly is!!!!

Edited by tzar
Everybody listen only this which understands.
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 07:58
OH!!!!  I TASTED IT AND.......WOW!!!!

tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 09:13

Originally posted by aknc

OH!!!!  I TASTED IT AND.......WOW!!!!

What did you taste? Kurban or Koko.. whatever it was

Everybody listen only this which understands.
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 09:24
Kurban i always eat,nice but a bit heavy,i tasted kokorec,it was nice.

vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 23:34
in albanian we call it kukurec... ive eaten many times my grandfather used to be a butcher so he cooked that for every big holyday.... good good i wish i could eat one more time 
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 11:15

This discussion here makes me feel hungry everytime I read the posts (except the one about "Hagis".)...

@ phallanx

Anyway, we also have Pacha (Patsas) here in Turkey, but I dont know if it is Greek of Turkish food. And, do you have "shirdan" or anything like that in Greece?

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 11:38

I don't know Shirdan, what is it made of?  But Patsas was included in the Byzantine cuisine... at some point it's difficult to distinquish the origin of some food, especially since so many co-exist in the Balkans.

This is an interesting site: http://www.beeracademy.gr/EN/Sections/Franchising/ArheonGeus eis/Home.asp

It's a chain of restaurants in Greece that specializes in re-creating ancient Greek recepies that survived through the centuries. Unfortunatelly not all of the site is yet translated into English...

Most of the recipes survived in a book called "DeipnoSophistes" by Athenaeus but others come from Homer, Plutarch and many others. Recently Time magazine reffered to this project and, humoursly suggested that it may replace Big Mac with Big Plato

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123