Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Redheads are more powerful!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Redheads are more powerful!
    Posted: 27-Feb-2012 at 10:59

As you probably know, in wrestling and weightlifting, Iran is among the top countries in the world and usually wins the gold medals at the Olympics and other international sporting events, especially in the heavyweight category, you see that almost all Iranian wrestlers and weightlifters are from the northwest of the country and the interesting thing is that some of them have also red hair.

Ali Hosseini: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saeid_Ali-Hosseini Iranian weightlifter who holds the junior world record for the +105 kg category:

Parviz Hadi, the most powerful Iranian wrestler who won the gold medal in the 120 kg freestyle competition some days ago:

We read in Shahnameh that Iranian national heroes, like Rostam, had also red hair, in fact red-hairiness and powerfulness seem to be synonym!

A medieval Persian miniature about the tragedy of Sohrab and Rostam:

Michael Collins View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian
Historum joker, suspended

Quote Michael Collins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2012 at 12:01
Second fellow seems to have brown hair ....
Is í labhairt a dteanga an moladh is mó is féidir linn a thabhairt dár namhaid.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2012 at 12:28
Brown or Red,MC?Egyptian's or Hittite's?Or mixture?Smile 
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2012 at 13:13
Originally posted by Michael Collins

Second fellow seems to have brown hair ....

That is reddish brown, we call it "khormai" (date's color).

I myself had reddish brown hair during childhood:

But it is already black:

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 27-Feb-2012 at 13:38
Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2012 at 13:31
Odysseus and King David both had red hair.
They were also short of stature.
PADDYBOY View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote PADDYBOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2012 at 13:56
I had white hair as a child. Now I have brown hair with quite a lot of red hair in my beard...

Australian aboriginal children often have blond or red hair ? yet in spite of their hair colouring, they lack any other European features ? suggesting that their hair colouring wasn't  introduced by Europeans???

I wonder what it all could possibly mean....

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2012 at 13:56
Nice to see You Cyrus so you have passed all "historical" morphing phases into your life.I am brown and will
be hairless as it looks even if have not white fiber on.That's the prise of brown color we have to pay all.SmileBut could You Imagine The Pharaoh&Mummy with hear?!?
Arab View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2012 at 14:13
I had brown hair as a baby, it turned jet black.
"Prayer is when you talk to God. Insanity is when you talk to God and he answers back."
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2012 at 15:06

I think a large number of people in the Middle East have dark brown hair and of course brown eyes, but light brown and reddish brown can be called a mixture of these people and red haired people.

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2012 at 15:14
That's it,Arabic peninsula have been always crossroad between the civilizations Cyrus!Variations of color are
more than obvious fact about it.No matter i said once this have been suburban part of Asia&Euro-Asia this
part developed it's character also.
Michael Collins View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Michael Collins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2012 at 16:36

Ah well of course, different cultures would define "red"  differently, I suppose. 

This would be an example of our take on it :

Is í labhairt a dteanga an moladh is mó is féidir linn a thabhairt dár namhaid.
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2012 at 22:00
I have a strike of red in my hair, and it looks more red in the summer; it used to be blond, almost white as a child, then changed to  hazelnut, the reddish appeared in my 20s; but the color is not uniform, I have light-blond, light brown, dark brown, and red hair just growing separately, so the white hairs I acquired recently hide in this multicolored-melange mix - I lucked out! - which is good because I hate dying of hair, find it waste of time.

The Ancient Thracians were told to have had red hair, blue eyes and white skin:
http://www.picturesofbulgaria.com/photos/1129887903minus_00.jpg
So, I'm powerful! I can win over a chickenLOL! /I'm not sure about a duck thoughLOLLOL.../.

Edited by Don Quixote - 27-Feb-2012 at 22:06
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2012 at 23:01
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

You truly look Persian, minus the beard:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ObAHTdIfi8s/Rf4HDaRisYI/AAAAAAAAAGA/cqJLJ9vOO3M/s320/persian_warrior.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UBVO3Jt-KJE/TsWSNpbtVrI/AAAAAAAAAlw/w6ZA5wyLHCs/s1600/DiegoLezamaOrezzoliCORBIS_PersianWarrior6thcBC.jpg
There is a good one here is but it didn't carry on  http://www.flickr.com/photos/mharrsch/824115434/

Edited by Don Quixote - 27-Feb-2012 at 23:09
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2012 at 23:16
Originally posted by medenaywe

Nice to see You Cyrus so you have passed all "historical" morphing phases into your life.I am brown and will
be hairless as it looks even if have not white fiber on.That's the prise of brown color we have to pay all.SmileBut could You Imagine The Pharaoh&Mummy with hear?!?

I can imagine you like that
http://www.historylink101.net/egypt_images/short_hair_male.jpg

even Ramses II had hair
photo

even if it's color is argued upon - was the red in it real, or a result of chemical discoloration.

However, most Ancient Egyptian males wore their hair short or shaved it off; the priests shaved it every day, as an act of purification, and most rich men shaved and wore wigs; if I remember right Herodotus mentions that this was done for hygienic reasons. So, if it will be shaved anyway, why does it matter if the hair will be there or not?

Edited by Don Quixote - 27-Feb-2012 at 23:29
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2012 at 01:40
In my childhood i was almost silver&gold Don!You know my opinion about ancestry according story of two
brothers,there are always lot of surprises!I will post my photo in moderator's room soon.(I make photo of me very rare cause i am afraid camera would steel my soul with it)Old emulsion photos have never been
scanned till now but...will try.LOL

Edited by medenaywe - 28-Feb-2012 at 02:25
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2012 at 01:59

In my childhood i was almost silver&gold Don!

I thought I had seen your picture somewhere....
http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1402/5108054228_2bb32e60c9.jpg
Smile
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2012 at 02:10
I really had it.No joking.I am also "Ri" of Her,but not like Him.I am mortal one that enjoy his chances on
surface of the earth.ANRi=Name=Victim-like mother's resurrection&representation!Smile
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2012 at 02:22
I believe you, I'm not joking eitherSmile
We are all like Him, we only don't know it well enough to became reality for us. But this is a topic for another OP.
Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2012 at 10:53

In my childhood i was almost silver&gold Don!You know my opinion about ancestry according story of twobrothers,there are always lot of surprises!

I was blond and blue eyed as a baby, but after a few years I got brown hair and eyes. Where's the story about two brothers, medenaywe?
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2012 at 11:06
Romulus and Remus story Sidney!Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>