Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGreek-Turkish-Macedonian-Armenian Peace Treaty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Poll Question: What should be done?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [23.53%]
27 [52.94%]
10 [19.61%]
2 [3.92%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greek-Turkish-Macedonian-Armenian Peace Treaty
    Posted: 02-Oct-2005 at 17:41
Originally posted by Jagatai Khan

I will not change my signature.The site has ideas and documents.Ypu don't have to read the site or believe it.

Exactly, thats why i personally dont mind that you have that site in your signature. I show it to people, both Armenian and non-Armenian, and their reaction is always the same: they laugh and call the guy an idiot. One of the people i showed it to that said it was false, was a non-Armenian historian with a doctorate degree (PhD.) He told me that the historians that deny the genocide are not accredited historians, and no historian that he's ever met has denied the Armenian genocide.

Its a very useful site for people to observe how bribed historians with agendas use false propaganda to protect their political claims. I show it to people all the time. What im trying to say is: Keep your signature

Edited by ArmenianSurvival
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2005 at 18:24

So one site, clever person with some proof with cuttings from various news papers to proove his/her views, on the other side some wanna be university student publishing his views..

The choice is yours believe what you want to.

Well, I see you've made you choice quite easily and of course in the always objective manner...as seen in the characterisations given.

Those that oppose your version of history are title "idiots" and "wanna be's" that "publish rubbish",  while the other that supports your version is a "clever person with some proof"

To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2005 at 18:35
Yes, I wrote that because I phoned the University on that subject, which reflects more or less the answer I got.

My view, I dont care about such sites as it is idiotism, whether its greek, turkish, armenian, or some other people's nationalitic hate site for some people..

Time will come when things will come out that are based on real evidence and history that is agreed to by all nationalities above, so for now, anyone can believe what she/he wants..
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2005 at 20:42
Originally posted by Phallanx

Those that oppose your version of history are title "idiots" and "wanna be's" that "publish rubbish",  while the other that supports your version is a "clever person with some proof"

I have noticed this numerous times as well.

Originally posted by Baracuda

My view, I dont care about such sites as it is idiotism, whether its greek, turkish, armenian, or some other people's nationalitic hate site for some people..

Time will come when things will come out that are based on real evidence and history that is agreed to by all nationalities above, so for now, anyone can believe what she/he wants..

Good conclusion. Agreed.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
strategos View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2005 at 20:49

Originally posted by Heraclius

Strategos seems to go out of his way to provoke other members as far as I can see.

ANd you go out of your way to insult and provoke me. Mine is a site, you do not have to read it. I havn't anything posted of it on my signature, just the web adress.  

Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2005 at 20:58

I do no such thing, you had an avatar that was clearly there to provoke people into reacting, the issue of Cyprus is very volitile one yet you go out of your way to start an argument over it.

What other purpose could you possibly have had for it? you could just debate like a civilised human being, but no you prefer to spout either your nationalistic crap or start fights and flame wars. Almost everybody else debates, put their views across and moves on and gets the hell over it.

You are a disgrace to this forum strategos and do nothing but taint issues again and again throughout the forum, your views are almost always malicious and hostile to the Turkish members of this site especially, and you persist in doing it, just grow up.

Edited by Heraclius
A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2005 at 23:12

I do no such thing, you had an avatar that was clearly there to provoke people into reacting, the issue of Cyprus is very volitile one yet you go out of your way to start an argument over it.

What other purpose could you possibly have had for it? you could just debate like a civilised human being, but no you prefer to spout either your nationalistic crap or start fights and flame wars. Almost everybody else debates, put their views across and moves on and gets the hell over it.

You are a disgrace to this forum strategos and do nothing but taint issues again and again throughout the forum, your views are almost always malicious and hostile to the Turkish members of this site especially, and you persist in doing it, just grow up.

My avatar is my expression . I am sorry you are not able to do the same. I can start you off with the blood for oil war in Iraq though, I have some great pictures. When is the last time I have "gone out of my way" to start a Cyprus argument? I do no such thing, considering there is nowhere to make posts about it anymore. I am a disgrace? Why don;t you watch your mouth and not insult other members of this forum? Why don't you grow up, insulting people is a sign of immaturity. I am sorry you do not appreciate my views, but then again I really do not give a dam if you do.

http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2005 at 23:23

Whatever criticism you have been given by myself or anybody else you have fully deserved.

I believe you recieved a warning over a picture or avatar that was deemed provocation which had to do with Cyprus, having seen the offending material I can see why. The only use for that particular picture is to provoke other members, chiefly Turkish members into reacting.

It's not about me not appreciating your views, if you made your point had the debate and that was that then fine.

I wouldnt be bothered in the slightest, but the argument is never-ending.

These nationalistic flames wars have persisted even though the issues have been gone over and over and over again. Everytime neither side has come out better so why continue doing it? when all it results in is people getting upset or angry? you dont have the right to constantly offend or anger members of this forum just because you want to be heard.

Isnt it time to move on now and just have fun on here instead of getting involved in often very bitter and always pointless fights?

Edited by Heraclius
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2005 at 00:03

Whatever criticism you have been given by myself or anybody else you have fully deserved.

I didn't realize calling someone a "disgrace to this forum" was critisism. Yeah, you can't change your words around now, this was a full insult to me, but hey, people who do not know what to say do turn to insults.

Anyways, this is about Greek/turkish/armenian peace treaty and I think us greeks turks and armenians should discuss this out.  I did value your opinion as a good member up till this point in time, but perhaps I was mistaken. I do not wish to waste my time on you anymore in this topic.

Edited by strategos
http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2005 at 00:05

DayI, I just wanted to say that the 'information' in tallarmeniantale.com has been proven wrong over and over again. After reading that site, you come out with the impression that the Armenian vilains armed to the teeth and are ready to take over the world.

Whatever. Jagatai Khan, keep your signature. It's your choice.

Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2005 at 00:14

---

Edited by Artaxiad
Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2005 at 09:42

I haven't attempted to change my words, I fully stand by everything I have said to you Strategos, your behaviour and attitude has deserved it IMO.

It's your choice to not value my opinion anymore if you wish, I for one saw no need to take this beyond this topic and topics related to the issues which cause such controversy.

It'd be infinitely preferable for us all to get on and indeed have our disagreements and debate it, and that was that, but these flame wars are more personal and just stupid  there's no need for it.

Edited by Heraclius
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2005 at 09:53
Fine, now that you Strategos & Heraclius have both said your piece, perhaps you can leave it to rest or take it to PM! No need to continue here.
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2005 at 07:59
Debate is healthy and may the people learn from it. As long the more emotional types from all sides can keep it to specific threads that address their issues and not hijack every thread that is remotely related nothing should change.

Ive read some view points that range from misguided to just bizare , they cannot stand up on their own, and nor should they.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345