Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGreek-Turkish-Macedonian-Armenian Peace Treaty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Poll Question: What should be done?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [23.53%]
27 [52.94%]
10 [19.61%]
2 [3.92%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greek-Turkish-Macedonian-Armenian Peace Treaty
    Posted: 25-Apr-2005 at 04:53
I read with consternation that Ihsan, a long standing member, has left AE.
I can understand his feelings.
The endless and terribly boring Turkish-Greek-Macedonian-Armenian wars have been a complete nuisance over the last few weeks. You could of course argue that one just doesnt have read through all this rubbish, but that wasnt always possible.
If these discussions had been restricted to certain threads, it would have been just about bearable, but this wasnt the case. They spread out into every possible topic, to the great annoyance of everyone who is interested in proper historical debates. And furthermore, the arguments repeated itself endlessly, with no conclusions ever reached.
If an old member should leave for this reason, you can imagine what the reaction of people are who stumble by accident on AE and are probably scared away again by all this nationalist bullsh*t.
I have actually read a post in another forum, that stated that AE was all right on the whole, but full of tedious nationalist propaganda.

One could do something about this of course, or not!
To close all these threads would be one option or to do nothing the other! Or one could go for the third way!
So, in the interest of AE and the sanity of its members, I propose a voluntary, self-imposed peace treaty, a temporary suspension of all threads that in any way concern the powder kegs of South-East Europe and any other region that invites flame wars.
Just end it all here and now!

We should ask all AE members to refrain from any new posts in these threads, even if it is difficult not to react to obvious provocations or to comment on patriotic drivel, as I have done in the past.
If your only interest in AE is to sl*g off other nationalities, then do it somewhere else, Im sure there are dozens of other forums where you can do this.

Edited by Komnenos
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2005 at 09:11
I'm for a voluntary peace. Ihsan is a respected member of this community. He was fed up with politics taking over many posts. I, personally, continued to respond to many of these posts in question as a way of "showing another side to the story". Unfortunately it got carried away into something that is silly. Perhaps we could show restraint and chose to overcome our urges to participate in such bickering. We are responsible for the level of maturity we present.
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2005 at 10:29

I think that debate is healthy. Topics such as Turkey & Greek relations is a good way of understanding points of views of people that you would usually not talk to.

I think the problem occurs when members start to become offensive to not only one another but to whole nations. When things like this happen it should be taken seriously, but the whole topic should not be blamed.

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2005 at 10:59
peace treaty
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Gazi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2005 at 12:56
I agree with the peace treaty.
Freedom is the recognition of necessity.-Friedrich Engels
Jazz View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2005 at 20:57
Originally posted by OSMANLI

I think that debate is healthy. Topics such as Turkey & Greek relations is a good way of understanding points of views of people that you would usually not talk to.

I think the problem occurs when members start to become offensive to not only one another but to whole nations. When things like this happen it should be taken seriously, but the whole topic should not be blamed.

I agree with Osmanli.  Debate is healthy, just that people need to be posting with an open mind to the opposing points of view.  But then things get easily carried away.... as people abuse the privelige in posting..

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 09:48
debate on the peace treaty
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 19:48

Originally posted by Komnenos

The endless and terribly boring Turkish-Greek-Macedonian-Armenian wars have been a complete nuisance over the last few weeks.

It is not somthing that they can control so i dont belive in any peace. Those flame wars are carried for years, same was in old AE on proboards and same is here. Altough right now it is worse than before because any topic even such not related with Turks or Greeks sooner or later seems to lead to flamewar.

Edited by Mosquito
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 20:29

Is "Armenian" included in this thread because I myself flame, or because a lot of flaming happens during discussions about the genocide? Just curious.

Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 21:57
I vote other, let people start nationalist flame wars, but attach bracelets to them that electrocute them everytime they start one.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 22:20

I think both Turks and Hellens came together against the X member formally known as Backstabber/the backstabber

http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2005 at 06:30
Exactly.That guy is a heel of a problem.He came searing in the Turkish thread and has been interrupting in all other threads as well.Goo dthing mizcoatl banned him

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 11:13
There is no problem with the threads,but with the behaviour of some of the members.I vote for peace cause i got bored telling the same things on and on.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 14:07
Peace threaty
OUT OF LIMIT
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 15:52
peace treaty,i agree

Alexander of Macedon View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 20:55
Peace
Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2005 at 11:04

Sometimes Martial Law is the best sollution.

I voted for banning of these topics.

And from now on I will do everything I can do for this forum to change it to its old style.

Edited by Jagatai Khan
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2005 at 13:40
No banning

MegaloIdea View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 07:26

I say we ban all the Turkish members.They are very hostile n donno  hows to listens.thionk that if wey bann them problemo will be solved.

All the greek memebers!My brothers!I was there and i can say that our hatred,will never diminish and we will once more conqer the aegean,my hand that writwes this post has worked at our great plan of cleaning da islat but d turkish attack.Fault theirs it is

Edited by MegaloIdea
Drive them back to asia!
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 07:40
Originally posted by MegaloIdea

I say we ban all the Turkish members.They are very hostile n donno howsto listens.thionk that if wey bann them problemo will be solved.

All the greek memebers!My brothers!I was there and i can say that our hatred,will never diminish and we will once more conqer the aegean,my hand that writwes this post has worked at our great plan of cleaning da islat but d turkish attack.Fault theirs it is

Yeah, yeah, alright, don't worry, the doctor will be there soon! Now, leave the computer alone, go back into your padded cell, sit on the bed, count to hundred and let the pills work.....! Okay?

Edited by Komnenos
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>