Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gobekli Tepe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gobekli Tepe
    Posted: 13-Dec-2013 at 11:47
There are some 200 settlements under the Meditteranean that were inundated approx. 10,000 ybp, they have yet to be explored.

That's just for starters.  I could detail 3-4 pages of actual physical evidence, but I don't have time now.  All you and Fomenko have is a pile of conjecture and calculations done with statistical equations, which do not function when dealing with time and history. Harry Seldon would laugh you out of town.

To view the entire site at Gobekli, only 10% has been excavated over 20 years and proclaim it a "Cossack Fortress" is goofy.  It shows a complete ignorance of the site itself, but also the region it's in.  Gobekli doesn't stand alone.  They have found many smaller corresponding sites within the region.
Show me evidence of Cossack megalithic building, structures elswhere that have been positively identified as Cossack.  Give me proof that the Cossacks had the skills to produce 20 ft stone columns with strange animals carved out of them.
Gobekli [pot belly hill] has been known for millennia, the Cossacks have been known of for............

I doubt that you've seen any of the specials done on Gobekli.  If you had your common sense would tell you it's of extreme age, and nothing else out of the region compares with it.

Perhaps Fomenko has a theory as to why each level was carefully backfilled and a newer smaller structure built on top, and then eventually covered the entire complex in earth.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2013 at 11:03
Red Clay, I did not say that I support the Fomenko view of this site, but merely let you know that they have written about it. Certainly the excavations have revealed a great deal more.

Regards, Ron
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
ds_baker View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ds_baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2014 at 11:38
This is a generalized reply: OOPARTS.-The radiation half life of most nuclear weapons is 50,000 years. After that what ever they might have done in a destructive manner or had left over in the way of radiation is gone. Humans have been comfortably recognized as we think human looks like, for at least 800,000 years. I mean that is waaaay back. If it took us 50,000 years to go from stone age grunting to standing on the moon, how many times have we risen only to have fallen. And just for those who watch those silly shows. -I absolutely do not subscribe to Aliens "Lifting" us out of pulling the dead fleas off our bodies.

I do however think that there is the possibility that we ourselves our genetic ancestors... once upon a time had a different civilization(s) than the ones we inherited. WE could have had completely different God's and Goddess. -Which incidentally I think is one of the reasons a lot of this information is ignored or even suppressed. I also think that our planet looked different, had different weather patterns. Deserts were once lush verdant land. They have pulled core samples out of Antarctica that has the frozen remains of ferns and palm trees.

Seeing animals that appear bizarre or sinister to us, might have been an everyday occurrence 14,000 years ago. I don't have any evidence. I am not a scientist. I am not even a pseudo scientist. But what I do, do is keep my mind open to certain possibilities. I really think Humans and NOT ALIENS are responsible for all the wonderful and tantalizing objects we find today.  
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
-Marcus Aurelius
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2014 at 13:23
But Gobekli shows us that last cycle of civilization has started there,14000 years ago!What did
we create before it?!?

Edited by medenaywe - 14-Feb-2014 at 15:59
ds_baker View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ds_baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2014 at 17:05
That's what I want to know. Seriously what was that horrible movie again ? 10,000 BC with that giant Raptorsaurus Rex bird running through the jungle eating people.  That is actually not that far from the truth when it comes to the giant Moa. Although I don't think it was a carnivore... I reserve the right to be wrong. So what did the megafauna look like older than 10,000 BC??? Besides the Dire Wolves and Mastodons or Smilodons or the variously funky Rhinos? Once upon a time I think this place was a lot scarier and funkier than most of us could imagine. 
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
-Marcus Aurelius
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2014 at 01:21
Originally posted by ds_baker

This is a generalized reply: OOPARTS.-The radiation half life of most nuclear weapons is 50,000 years. After that what ever they might have done in a destructive manner or had left over in the way of radiation is gone. Humans have been comfortably recognized as we think human looks like, for at least 800,000 years. I mean that is waaaay back. If it took us 50,000 years to go from stone age grunting to standing on the moon, how many times have we risen only to have fallen. And just for those who watch those silly shows. -I absolutely do not subscribe to Aliens "Lifting" us out of pulling the dead fleas off our bodies.

I do however think that there is the possibility that we ourselves our genetic ancestors... once upon a time had a different civilization(s) than the ones we inherited. WE could have had completely different God's and Goddess. -Which incidentally I think is one of the reasons a lot of this information is ignored or even suppressed. I also think that our planet looked different, had different weather patterns. Deserts were once lush verdant land. They have pulled core samples out of Antarctica that has the frozen remains of ferns and palm trees.

Seeing animals that appear bizarre or sinister to us, might have been an everyday occurrence 14,000 years ago. I don't have any evidence. I am not a scientist. I am not even a pseudo scientist. But what I do, do is keep my mind open to certain possibilities. I really think Humans and NOT ALIENS are responsible for all the wonderful and tantalizing objects we find today.  

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

There have been earth changing events since there was an Earth.  Mt Toba erupted some 70,thoudsand years bp.  Geneticist have fro years known of a genetic bottleneck, caused by this eruption.  We were reduced to pockets of less than 10 thousand..  Who knows what the gene pool was like prior.
In the urals and caucasas, they continually find evidence of advanced nano technology, dated to some 14000 years befor present.

I'll have to pixck this up ttomm as m y sleeingt aid just kicked it
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
ds_baker View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ds_baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2014 at 10:27
Red-Please tell me more about what you have found in our distant past. I don't care where you start. Just make sure I can follow it here on the board. Big smile -I remember seeing an image as a kid, of a what looked like a high voltage anode or even a battery, with a ceramic core, which was embedded inside a geode. -Which incidentally takes a minimum of 10,000 years to create in nature. 

This post is all over the map. So I apologize for that. But what of the stones that were carved in Peru or Chile, that modern day three axis water jet milling machines would find next to impossible to carve?  Or the Temple Complex submerged off the coast of Japan? I can understand people saying it is natural until you find right angle joints, or fitted stone. -Especially when they look very similar to the fitted stones fount in Machu-Picchu. Nature can make a lot of strange linear shapes. The Giant's Causeway in Antrim Northern Ireland. Hexagonal shapes. The Devil's Tower in Wyoming which repeats the hexagonal shape. (The Devil's Tower is the exposed inner core of a dead volcano, for those who are not familiar with it from the movie Close Encounters.) So Nature can make interesting shapes in a linear fashion. But what they usually do not do is make 90 shapes. Or make uniform square or rectangular shapes. So if you could imagine a world with a massive amount of water tied up in glaciers all over the planet... would explain when those glaciers melted, their temple complexes might just be under water...

Please pick a topic. I really want to know more. And I absolutely hate listening to the info-commercials that the old Art Bell show has turned into.
-Marcus Aurelius
ds_baker View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ds_baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2014 at 10:29
I meant to say 90 Degree angles or joints.

-Marcus Aurelius
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2014 at 12:59
I'm not supposed to be posting on forums anymore after bad arguments experiences on forums (partly my fault) but will post this (but please don't be too critical of me).

I am not a Fomenkoist and don't want to be banned like Opuslola but personally i don't agree that there are many sites like GT dating 10s or 1000s of years bp/bc. We have 4 choices: the new immense antiquity of "not primitives" man scheme, the old/hitherto/orthodox evolutionary linear progressive development (cave-men) scheme, the biblical scheme, the fomenko scheme. The truth is between extremes. I don't know all the answer(s) about Gobekli tepe yet but here are some possible considerations: (note i had some other notes from months/year ago but seem to have lost them due to cursed bad new windows 7/8 and bad new laptop problems)

- The dating is not proven fact but theory. Most such orthodox dating is untrue. Radiocarbon dating is proven unreliable and it depends on the rate having always been same as now.
"the site has turned history as we know it upsidedown" shows that orthodox scheme has been and can still be wrong.
The 3 ages (Stone [GT], Bronze, Iron) scheme was taken from traditonal 3 world ages.

- The fact that it is a religious sanctuary & the temple would connect with biblical world view.

- Eden: Strange animals may connect with Eden? (GT is not far from bit-adini and adana?). The "(hill with a) navel/(pot)belly" may connect with Eden or Eve? Mother earth goddess = eve. "a naked woman/Venus" [~ Eve?] "Cain & Abel ~ hunting-gathering Vs farmers" (tho i don't agree with Abel/H&G just Cain/farming).

- Ark: Strange animals etc may connect with Noah's Ark.
Neolithic cames after Palaeolithic. Palaeolithic was post-flood because meat-eating & hunting, and ice age was post-flood unstable climate.

- Babel: "Temple & city" recall Tower & city of Babel? Nemrik ~ Nimrod/Nisroch? Hunter gatherers connect with Nimrod. (They say built by hunter gatherers and seem to suggest hunting evidence in remains, but they say "no hunting" evidence in pictures?) Catal Huyuk must date after Nimrod/Babel and age of Taurus (hunting, bull/horns). (Pyramids/ziggurats come after Babel.) ("Cathedral on a hill" sound abit like Babel too?)
"a naked woman/Venus" [~ "Semiramis"?]

- Ur: The site is not far from possible sites of Haran (Haran? Hallan Cemi?) and Ur of Chaldees ("Urfa"? Urkesh (habur, one river over from balih)? Lochore's 'Uru'?).

- The "Helwan" connection is interesting in that at Helwan [mesolithic?] they found advanced remains like crystal skull &/or clothes/needles or something (i can't remember exactly without looking up).

I wonder what 'Sharrukin' would have to say (about GT not my post).
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2014 at 18:16
Art-Robin, I've been following your posts for years. Both here and other forums. I don't always agree with you, however your depth of research and attention to detail and voluntary willingness to accept or at least entertain alternative concepts has always been impressive.

You've been a member here as long as I have.  In my mind you've earned yourself a position of respect and the right to call AE your "web home".

Progress is made by the presentation of new ideas and the examining of old ones that have been either ignored or dismissed by the "mainstream".

New technology and remote viewing has increased our knowledge of the past greatly and has broadened acceptability of ideas previously held ridiculous or impossible.  A good example is the recent mapping of Egypt by satellite and computer enhancement.  It's exposed not hundreds, but thousands of unknown Old Kingdom sites, across the entire country.

Unknown.
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2014 at 23:35
(Wow,) thank-you Red clay. I had thought AE was founded years before but i do now see that the joined dates are close (unless was a previous admin). (You &) everyone has interesting ideas/info here and on other forums. The Old Kdm info is interesting (thanks). I may not be posting much any more though as today another new problem with new windows/laptop with not being able to move cursor quickly anymore which means i can hardly write on computer very easily anymore. Sorry for off-topic but thought i better had say thanks.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2014 at 00:14
install antivirus program!It costs 10-13 EU per year!But you have to reinstall Windows first!Good and bad thing are always going together!Smile
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2014 at 00:29
The Great Flood was Global. Egyptian was postFlood. Noah's ark is found in predynastic drawings. 10 godkings, 10 patriarchs. Etc. Though Cush/Gihon was a preflood land/river.
The Mesopotamian flood (interglacial?) was local so they could have fled to Turkey as you say. (Egypt is same latitude band so maybe it was flooded too.)
I don't think the Sphinx was pre-[Great] flood. The rain marks may rather be from the unstable weather (and ice age/pluvial) after the flood (similar to Tepe Gawra houses/strata). (Cambridge History gave evidence that Egypt Old Kingdom climate was cooler/wetter. Mohenjo-daro was also wetter/cooler climate (and people were Combe-Capellids).) (Similar rain marks in Cyprus at Sarmast's "Atlantis" site. The torential rain evidence in valley of Mexico might possibly be connected too?) Atlantis account says Egypt was not flooded (except by Nile) during dynastic times? Surid's flood was 12th dynasty.

Preflood world ("Siriadic land") is preflood home of all.
Babel not Egypt is the home of all postFlood royalty & paganism. (Tho some say Babel was in Egypt.) Though Nimrod was son of Cush (like "kings son of Kush"), though that may be Elamite Napirisha & Susinak. Nimrod is Ninurta (or Ningirsu/Nimirud). [Not sure of Egyptian cognate for Nimrod but possible candidates have included Min, Maneros, Anhuret, Narmer(za), etc.]
Cush/Gihon is only silver age (after Havilah/Pishon golden age). Late Egyptians admitted that the Phrygians (becos) were older. Egyptians (gods) came from Punt?

Agriculture: Adam cursed to work/till the ground. Cain tiller of soil. Noah planted vineyard in Ararat area (word vine/wine traced to same area). Nimrod/Ninurta/Numitorem "saved people from starvation by growing crops". Joseph saved Egypt & world from the famine.
Maybe Cain could be connected with Egypt though?
Modern orthodox sources agree that the oldest [postFlood] agriculture & civilisation spots are in a crescent in the [ne syria/e turkey/armenia/north mesopotamia/nw iran] area?

(My web/net (& food/hunger/water, etc) strike has been postponed a day or two due to circumstances until i am able. PS I have deleted all my blog posts due to hell suffering, so the Atlantis article mentioned in Atlantis thread is not there anymore.)
Explorer View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Explorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2014 at 11:39
I'm waiting for Andrew Collins new book this fall

And I think they have the right dating. As far as "other" civilizations, I'm waiting for round two on those South American skulls, etc. That is a story from never never land - and I'm sure their just as real as the dire wolf.

And the comet impact of 12.9BC was far bigger then they think. I think that humans in the northern hemisphere came very close to extinction. I no longer by any stretch of the imagination believe the "paradigm", nor do I buy their books.

Personal call. ---- the "fringe" in the past got it right. Guess who the "fringe" is now and there is nothing more dangerous then a historian or archaeologist who is about to lose his funding.   

I think that Firestone, et.al. should be required reading and GT is directly related to it. Humans just don't go from scratching sticks for a cooking fire to building monuments aligned with the Milankovitch cycles.
Explorer View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Explorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2014 at 11:45
I should clarify that last statement. They do go from sticks to astronomical alignments but not in the currant frame of timing. we are still dealing with people who think the oceans were barriers instead of highways.

they probably were a lot safer then trying to navigator I-5 in L.A. during rush hour.

Edited by Explorer - 25-Feb-2014 at 11:45
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2014 at 13:52
Explorer the firestone (not (just) the book but the firestone) would be interesting to know more about (since this topic is Gobekli Tepe). Is there an connection with the Easter Island fire-bird?

Flux, some good/interesting things. I differ on some things from my own research though. Amen/Amon/Amun/Hammon may be Ham. Amon only came to fore after 5th dynasty?
When exactly in Egyptian history did the interglacial &/or end of Ice Age flood/s occur? Various alternative scholars do give evidence that the ice age/s ended later than orthodox have it eg Jim Nienhuis, the submerged places like Yoniguni, etc. Surid's flood was 12th dynasty?
Sunday as the "christian" "sabbath" only goes back to early Roman/"Catholic" church, from pre-christian-era pagan sun cult. The 7 spheres is Babylonian. Some say it went stellar -> lunar -> solar.
It does all go back to one true/false first- -religion/-king/-antichrist/-theocracy/etc but not sure that Egypt was it, i think Biblical & the sons of god & Babel were.

PS/Btw i haven't compared them yet but i had thought of whether GT & Skara Brae circles may be similar/connected?

[this may be my last post since not sure what future holds going through this rough period and withdrawing from everything due to hell suffering.]
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2016 at 19:10
This topic had come upon  Hancock forum for anyone interested:
http://grahamhancock.com/phorum/read.php?1,1058481
http://grahamhancock.com/phorum/read.php?1,1058481
Historyfiles has 3 pages on it:
http://www.historyfiles.co.uk/FeaturesMiddEast/PrehistoryAnatolia_Gobekli02.htm
http://www.historyfiles.co.uk/FeaturesMiddEast/PrehistoryAnatolia_Gobekli02.htm
http://www.historyfiles.co.uk/FeaturesMiddEast/PrehistoryAnatolia_Gobekli03.htm
http://www.historyfiles.co.uk/FeaturesMiddEast/PrehistoryAnatolia_Gobekli03.htm
http://www.historyfiles.co.uk/FeaturesMiddEast/PrehistoryAnatolia_Gobekli01.htm
Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gobekli_Tepe

It looked like there was mention of 7 circles somewhere but i can't find it (only 4+16=20 circles). Does anyone know if there was a 7 circles there?

Edited by medenaywe - 13-Jul-2016 at 01:16
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234