Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

President George H.W. Bush: The Man and His Missio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: President George H.W. Bush: The Man and His Missio
    Posted: 18-Feb-2012 at 21:09

President George H.W. Bush: The Man and His Mission

By Fox News

Published February 15, 2012 | FoxNews.com

For anyone interested, former President G.H.W. Bush will field questions and be interviewed 
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2012 at 10:58
Interesti.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2012 at 11:47
I met him personally when he was running as the VP for the Prez...in 88. His m/o was early morning running. So my Brigade commander put on the 'dog and pony' by having about 200 of us go out with him on the run.

Quite friendly and personable man. Some of his politics and positions later I approved. Some not. But I'm on my way to the mountain this morning so I may have to catch the re-run of the program.

Whether ya like him or not; he is/remains a somewhat mysterious and ntl very important person/player in the game. History may yet prove he should have won a second term compared to what followed in the scandals of the Clinton's.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2012 at 11:53
Bush,The Elder one, is "infinity" for his younger son i agree!Smile
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2012 at 12:09
Bush ignored history.  Churchill was voted out as soon as it became clear that the Allies had won.  He's [Bush] considered by many to be a war time pres.  He lost touch with what was going on in his own country and realized this too late to recover.

I too have met the man.  Very likeable, great sense of humor.  He was one of my wife's uncle's fishing buddies in Kennebunkport.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2012 at 12:26
Every fisherman has abilities for fisherman's stories about the size of the missing fish!But not all of them, offer those stories in Presidential offers toward their voters!Smile
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2012 at 13:31

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLBig smileWinkLOLLOL
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2012 at 13:35
Big smileIt is "analytical" indeed!Wink 

Edited by medenaywe - 19-Feb-2012 at 13:47
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2012 at 19:02
George Sr. wasn't that bad compared to his son and Clinton
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2012 at 06:16
Bush Sr. War hero.
Clinton. Nothing.

Nuff said.

S. T. Friedman

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2012 at 10:37
Bush Sr- Failed economy, one term pres.

Clinton- 2 term pres. strong economy, left office with budget surplus

Unknown.
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2012 at 17:37
Bush.  War winner.
Clinton. Impeached.

S. T. Friedman

tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2012 at 01:16
I may disagree with a lot of what is written above me, but at least this forum is once again
demonstrating that political discussion is not acid and it can be handled. Clap
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2012 at 01:38
Not that I have some special love for Clinton, but what he was impeached for in Italy he would be celebrated for. There was this story about a certain Asian political leader: a bunch of nasty pictures were made of him, and he was blackmailed with them, to which he responded with "Please, can I have more of those to show then to my people so they see what a virile leader they have!".
My point is that here is much cultural coloring as to how a political leader would receive what for what kind of action.

Edited by Don Quixote - 21-Feb-2012 at 01:41
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2012 at 10:26
Bush- Didn't finish what he started.

Clinton- Impeachment failed, several Congressmen responsible for it were voted out of office.

What he was impeached for was an absurdity.  Clandestine sexual encounters by Presidents from both sides of the isle is a time honored tradition.  Even ol' Ike had his flings, no one said a word.

Regardless, when he left office he left the US with a considerable amount of political currancy and respect, worldwide.  Combined with a budget surplus.
It only took GW a year to destroy both.
Unknown.
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2012 at 11:52
Wasn't Ike cheating only during the war, and wasn't president?

Post Reply Post Reply