Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best looking cars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best looking cars
    Posted: 27-May-2013 at 09:50
A lot of these cars fall into the "not very pretty" category...Ermm
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2013 at 10:55
As they say, Mountain Man, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2013 at 13:57
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

But ugly is universal. 
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2013 at 14:14
Originally posted by Mountain Man

But ugly is universal. 
Invariably, Mountain Man, if we consider the first to have relavance in logic, then it would make sense that the second would equally do so as a personal impression.

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 27-May-2013 at 14:15
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2013 at 17:15

[/QUOTE]Invariably, Mountain Man, if we consider the first to have relavance in logic, then it would make sense that the second would equally do so as a personal impression. [/QUOTE]

By no standard anywhere do some of these cars qualify as "beautiful."
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2013 at 17:56

When it comes to standards of beauty, Mountain Man, whose standards exactly are we talking about being important in respect to personal impressions?
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2013 at 11:36

When it comes to standards of beauty, Mountain Man, whose standards exactly are we talking about being important in respect to personal impressions?

Those standards of the majority of humanity.  Humans have built-in parameters for things they regard as "beautiful".  Although there are certainly the occasional individuals who can gaze at a garbage can for hours, enraptured by the sheer beauty of it all, the vast majority of us continue to utilize those same parameters.  That is why we classify things into "pleasing" or "not pleasing" to the eye.

There are even a group of people who worship the Nash Rambler in all of its forms, but even they admit that the car isn't "beautiful" by any stretch of the imagination.

And for the record, nothing built inside the Iron Curtain has ever qualified as "pleasing to the eye".  For all of the artistic beauty the Russians were capable of, they couldn't design a car worth diddly.

Edited by Mountain Man - 28-May-2013 at 11:38
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2013 at 12:45

Those standards of the majority of humanity.  Humans have built-in parameters for things they regard as "beautiful".  Although there are certainly the occasional individuals who can gaze at a garbage can for hours, enraptured by the sheer beauty of it all, the vast majority of us continue to utilize those same parameters.  That is why we classify things into "pleasing" or "not pleasing" to the eye.

There are even a group of people who worship the Nash Rambler in all of its forms, but even they admit that the car isn't "beautiful" by any stretch of the imagination.

And for the record, nothing built inside the Iron Curtain has ever qualified as "pleasing to the eye".  For all of the artistic beauty the Russians were capable of, they couldn't design a car worth diddly.

I would very much love to see the evidence you might have indicating enough of humanity had seen them to back up what you have said.LOL
Btw, Mountain Man, a beautiful car from behind the iron curtain. The Syrena sport.
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2013 at 13:37
Looks like they stole it from Triumph, as they stole most of their designs from the West.

If you are truly seeking evidence of what humans consider beautiful, I suggest you begin with a comprehensive internet tour of art and sculpture museums and work your way from there.

Some vehicles combine form and function in an esthetically pleasing way, while others do not.  A Ferrari is a beautiful machine.  A Hummer is not.

There is a reason why the Italians lead the world in such things as auto body design.  They have a natural eye for beauty in form.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2013 at 15:44

Looks like they stole it from Triumph, as they stole most of their designs from the West.

If you are truly seeking evidence of what humans consider beautiful, I suggest you begin with a comprehensive internet tour of art and sculpture museums and work your way from there.

Some vehicles combine form and function in an esthetically pleasing way, while others do not.  A Ferrari is a beautiful machine.  A Hummer is not.

There is a reason why the Italians lead the world in such things as auto body design.  They have a natural eye for beauty in form.

The Italians do have an eye for beauty in form, unfortunately, women are usually on their minds, producing a machine that has all the feminine quirks.
Having owned a Ginetta mid engine, I speak from experience.Big smile  They build great cars, if your married to an Italian mechanic.

If you want a good looking, and reliable car, Britain is where you go.  I owned a 74 Lotus MK5 for 3 years.  The suspension was a little light, but I never had any probs with it.

The Brits have a general understanding of form following function.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2013 at 11:51
This is a beautiful vehicle:
Clothing magnate Ralph Lauren’s ultra rare 1938 Bugatti 57SC
rlb-side-660.jpg

With an ugly front:

rlb-front-660.jpg

Edited by Mountain Man - 29-May-2013 at 11:53
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2013 at 18:46
http://www.coachbuild.com/gallery/d/21482-2/Vignale_Rolls-Royce_Silver_Wraith_1954_01.JPG
One-of-a-kind Rolls Royce Vignal Special
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2013 at 19:10
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2013 at 16:53
Jaguar F-type

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2013 at 21:15
Cool. It's got similar lines to the older E-typeThumbs Up
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2013 at 18:20
http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/1954-1964-facel-vega-5b.jpg
Facel Vega Excellence
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2013 at 17:06

Audi R8 V10 plus

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2013 at 11:01

Mercury Monterey
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2013 at 23:40
Ferrari 458 Speciale

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2013 at 04:35
Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 31-Aug-2013 at 04:45
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>