Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ancient Hasanlu, the land of eternal love!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ancient Hasanlu, the land of eternal love!
    Posted: 31-Jan-2012 at 15:26

Fula View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Fula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2012 at 08:01
Im Stealing this Tongue
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2012 at 08:24
How did they fix death in same time?Maybe they had opened grave and put another body near it.
Qaradag View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Qaradag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2012 at 08:51
The name is of Azerbaijani origin. Where is it located?

Edited by Qaradag - 01-Feb-2012 at 09:02
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 03:38
Yes, Hasanlu is in the Azarbaijan province in the northwest of Iran, you can read more about it here: http://www.penn.museum/research-near-east-section/295-hasanlu-project.html

Hasanlu Project

Hasanlu: often called the Pompeii of the Iron Age Near East, the destruction level at the site offers a unique picture of the life of a large settlement in this period.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 04:02
HaSaNLju=From destination Mother's(grave?),Soldier loves!You have no Lj sound Cyrus?HaSaNLu=From destination Mother's,Soldier angers!?!
Lj sounds like this:
ljubov (love) - like lio in million
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 05:00
I think you are again talking about ancient Egyptians, Hasanlu is just the name of a village near this ancient site but there could be connection as I mentioned in this thread: http://www.allempires.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28033

This is really hard to believe a black skinned people lived in the Caucasus, of course I think there could be some connections between some mysterious ancient sites in the west of Urmia lake and Africa, one of them is the ancient site of Hasanlu in Naqadeh (the name of Naqadeh is also very similar to ancient Naqada in Egypt!), some ancient objects have been found in Hasanlu that archaeologists say they show a connection between this region and Africa, for example a large number of ivories have been found in Hasanlu, it is interesting to read this book: The catalogue of ivories from Hasanlu, Iran By Oscar White Muscarella.
Qaradag View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Qaradag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 09:16
It's Hasanlı but lack of "ı" in Persian results it's replacement by "u".

About the name itself, if I came from a place called "Hasan", I would be a "Hasanlı", and there is no other meaning to the word.

Edited by Qaradag - 02-Feb-2012 at 09:17
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 09:24
Sorry if i insult your personal feelings about it!SmileTake it as one of many possibilities.But languages have evolved as we can see it.What did form exist those days?
Qaradag View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Qaradag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 09:30
No, why that? I was just explaining it. 

Edited by Qaradag - 02-Feb-2012 at 09:32
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 09:44
Thanks for it.SmileLi-sufix is article than similar with genitive case.Am I right understand it?
Qaradag View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Qaradag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2012 at 21:18
What do you mean? I m not quite sure what you are trying to say.

"Lı" suffix are strictly Turkic-Altaic.
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2012 at 01:28
I know "Hasan" is a Turkish male name, with Arabic origin, meaning "handsome, "good looking".There is correspondent Bulgarian name - Asen, like the name of the Bulgarian tsar Ivan-Asen in 12th century. Now, the Bulgarians in this time used mostly biblical names, like "Ivan" came from the Greek "Ioan", whose  English variation is "John"; so I was looking for possible Greek origin of Asen too. In Ancient Greek:
ase/ασε/ - noun - anguish, distress - which doesn't sound like a good name-material, a name is a synbol that is supposed to have a magical meaning in improving the life of whoever carries it; so it has to be positive, not negative in meaning.

Another variation is that "Asen" may had come from the Greek "Jason", Greek writing -"Iason/Ιασων/"- this one with the Golden Fleece, which may had  came from:
Iaso /Ιασο/-  goddess of healing and health; "iasis"=cure, remedy; or
Azo/αζο/ - to stand in awe on front of the gods. There are more possible Greek words that could have started "Asen" but this would be a conversation for the origin of Languages thread. medenaywe, if you want we can carry this analysis there /"asker" in Arabic is "military" and really "li/liu" in Slavic languages is the root for the word "love" so I think you have a case/.

Anyway, since Azerbaijani speak a variation of Turkish, it's probable that it "Hasan"
 has it's meaning in Turkish, unless it's a borrowed Arabic word. I don't know how much Arabic there is in Turkish, and I lost my Turkish dictionary, so...I can't come up with other ideas here.

Qaradag View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Qaradag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2012 at 09:37
We were talking about "Lı" suffix mate, not the name Hasan.

For instance;
Sən harasan? - Where are you from?

Mən burayam - I m native of this place

"Hara" means where and "bura" means here. I m trying to show the usage of "Lı" suffix.

Edited by Qaradag - 19-Feb-2012 at 09:48
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2012 at 11:11
Would you like to post those words inside Origins of Languages for analyze!
How it sounds Man&San,Qaradag?
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2012 at 11:48
History repeats! An earthquack in the Azarbaijan province in the northwest of Iran:

Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2012 at 18:23
Well even the dead deserve love (especially among themselves) and they damn sure, if honorable, deserve respect.....

Also sprach Unkie Centrix.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2012 at 19:24
Were the skeletons at Hasanlu deliberately buried like that, or did they die in a natural disaster like an earthquake?
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2012 at 04:36
There are different theories, Hasanlu was certainly destroyed but probably not by an earthquake, as you read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teppe_Hasanlu it is believed that this ancient city was destroyed by a sudden fire.
Attis of Anatolia View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Attis of Anatolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2014 at 07:25
''Hasanlu: often called the Pompeii of the Iron Age Near East, the destruction level at the site offers a unique picture of the life of a large settlement in this period.''

Pompei :) interesting. i heard islamic story about pompei.  Horrible!
 Post Reply Post Reply