Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Origins of language!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 389>
Author
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Origins of language!
    Posted: 07-Feb-2012 at 19:54
Originally posted by medenaywe

RoDiNa=Homeland=From root admire offers!
"Illogical" form:
Rootless admire offers!

In Bulgarian "rodina" is "homeland: root "rod".
"rodia" - giving birth, 1ts person singular
"rajdam" - present continuous tense
"rod" - kin
"ina" - feminine ending, presenting the idea of one's homeland as "motherland", as one being literally born from this land. which is idea in many cultures, the homeland presented like a physical mother.

In Russian there is this diminutive one calls a person one loves "rod-nenkii", which means something like "my blood, my kin". Also, "nenki" is an old Bulgarian word for female breasts, so "rod-nenki" sounds like literally being born on one's mother's breasts; singular is "nenka". I suppose this may have been the first meaning of the word, and later in Bulgarian "nenka" changed in "ina" - 3 linguistic steps:
- "en" in "in" - lenition
-  k vanished - elision
-  the first and the second "n" became one - either elision or epenthesis.

Also, in Bulgarian
"rod-nina" - relative
"rod-en" - native, literally - "born by". From "rod-nenka" to "rode-en" is again 3 linguistic steps, 2 elisions to drop "k" and "a" and one assimilation to make the first "n" wand the second one.
Anyway, the root "rod" may have come from the Latin for root - "rad-ix", with one linguistic step, "a" in "o", fortition.

"Di" may have come from the Latin "do-dedi-datus", in Bulgarian
"davam" - root "da" is "giving" first person singular
"dar", po-dar-uk"  is offer, present, gift.
"na" is "to" - like in  "I'm giving a gift to her".
I can interpret the Bulgarian and /Russian/ "RoDiNa" as "birth-given-to" - in the meaning of the homeland literally giving birth to whoever lives on that land. Considering that "birth" is what "root" is, and gift is an offer, that's pretty much the same thing you came up with.

Edited by Don Quixote - 07-Feb-2012 at 20:00
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2012 at 00:45
You are linguist so you are "illogical"!SmileGo back to the math formula!Number is our sentence!Syllables are
cyphers and position determines "weight" of syllable:What does it means there,noun/verb/adjective/...?Do
not think illogical again here,please!WinkLanguage of ancient Egyptians&Greeks was mathematics Don!If it
stays today our artificial intelligence systems could replicate human brain!
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2012 at 01:54

You are linguist so you are "illogical"!SmileGo back to the math formula!Number is our sentence!Syllables are
cyphers and position determines "weight" of syllable:What does it means there,noun/verb/adjective/...?Do
not think illogical again here,please!WinkLanguage of ancient Egyptians&Greeks was mathematics Don!If it
stays today our artificial intelligence systems could replicate human brain!

Meh, I'm human and hence nothing human is foreign to me, illogicality includedSmile. Besides, I wouldn't be able to write if I was in-toto logical.
But seriously, I don't get what in my reasoning you find illogical? Would you explain?

Besides, "rodina" is not a Greek word, the Ancient Greek word for "country" is "hopa" /χωρα/, feminine gender, and the only thing I can connect it in Bulgarian is the Bulgarian word for "people" "hora"; and the word for "round dance" "hopo"; in which I supposed the meaning went like that - all people living in one country are "xopa", and those people dance certain community dances that increase the social connectiveness between them, dancing round dances on the village square.
So why do I have to expect Greek logic in a Slavic word?

Edited by Don Quixote - 08-Feb-2012 at 02:08
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2012 at 02:09
You compare something with those above!Your words are distorted residuals that had sourced from right form of syllables.We are looking for it.But of course this is good to compareThumbs Up.Give me more words from languages you know and we all use them....Upps..sorry..

Edited by medenaywe - 08-Feb-2012 at 02:11
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2012 at 02:41

You compare something with those above!Your words are distorted residuals that had sourced from right form of syllables.We are looking for it.But of course this is good to compareThumbs Up.Give me more words from languages you know and we all use them....Upps..sorry..

Well, this is your job to find the right syllables, you can source from Egyptian, I can't, I can deal only with distorted residualsSmile. I look for connections of Slavic with Greek and Latin, I can't go farther than this.
What are you sorry aboutConfused?
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2012 at 02:51
I put Nefretiti picture here?Her name deserves translation?WinkYes will try to translate names of Pharaohs here also.
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2012 at 03:28
Yes, names are loaded with meanings and very important. In fact names are words that are so important that it was considered that giving them to a person would influence their lives, make them healthy, ensure long life, put them under the protection of deities and saint. So names deserve special attention. Post them hereSmile.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2012 at 03:38
ANKH=Imortality=From victim mother's equals with arrow!
illogical:
Victim-less mother's,(ANKH)equals with arrow!If you stand on arrow it never hits you and you are immortal.

Edited by medenaywe - 15-Feb-2012 at 03:52
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2012 at 04:18
SaMSuN=Samson=From Soldier interior hungers Mothers!
illogical:
Embedded interior (He,Samsun) hungers mother's!He eats to much.My father always said for me:Look at this Samsun as i am not good enough for nothing less than eating!LOL
SaMSuNG=Samsung,company=Embedded interior hungers dearer head!(?!?)

Edited by medenaywe - 09-Feb-2012 at 04:16
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2012 at 13:13
Don give me words with rare syllables of two consonants that I met in text as "LN" and "VN".
ex.SoLNCe=sun(russian)=? words where LN are together?
ex.J'NaVNI or J'VNI=?  Words where VN are together?
I need precise meaning of those rare consonant syllables!Others are consonant+vocal!
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2012 at 21:47
Yes, "solnce" is "sun" in Russian. Bulgarian has less of those, because it put a vowel, like "u" between them, /"u" pronounced like one is straining oneself, more than a moan than a sound/ so it came out like "slunce".
Set see - "ln"

In Bulgarian:
ku-ln-a - swear someone, wish him death and suffering, like "may your hand dry out, may your guts spill out" etc, ...and there is a very rich vocal in Bulgarian for such "swearings", I had seen old women who come with such things to say that I'd be ashamed to post them here...;
 but also a verb "swear" like "pledge allegiance"
ku-ln - sprout
vu-ln-a - sea wave; wool; wool/vulgar word for female genitals/; I think it came from the Latin "vu-lv-a" - female genitals.

vu-lv-ne-nie - verb, for "feeling emotions", like in "my heart 'se vulnuva' getting upset, but it positive meaning, like excitement; also a verb for "sea 'se vulnuva' have waves.
do-ln-o - something downward, like lower part of the human body; vulgar word for human genitals; also low, like in 'low hit', negative meaning, like something dishonorable. 3rd person singular; fem - do-ln-a; masc do-len
na-pu-ln-ia - to pour something onto something else; a vulgar word for getting a woman pregnant

In Russian - "bo-ln-ui" meas "sick" "bolno" - I hurt"
ka-ln-ui - muddy; in Bulgarian is "ka-len" with "e" inserted between "l-n" means both "muddy" and somebody really trained in something, "seasoned"
vo-ln-o - free, 3rd person singular; fem vo-ln-a; masc. vo-len; I connect this one with the sea waves, because they go free around

po-ln-o - full, 3rd person singular; fem - po-ln-aia; masc - po-ln-oi; in Bulgarian the same word became "pulen, pu-ln-a, pu-ln-o".
po-ln-ochi - midnight
no-ln-iet - verb, to grow fat
sla-vn-oi - great, masc; fem. sla-vn-aia; neuter sla-vnoi
che-ln-nui - the last variation of something; like "celnui opit" is "cuting edge technology"

"vn"
In Bulgarian "vi-no-vno" means "someone to blame", 3rd person singular, "it". For male and female it goes respectively "vi-no-ven" and "vi-no-vna".
ra-vn-o - equal, 3rd person singular; fem - ra-vn-a; masc - ra-ven
go-vn-o - vulgar word for excrement

In Russian:
 "vn-utreniu" means "inside something", internal, interior
 "vn-ach-ale" - "in the beginning"
vn-uk - grandson
vne-drenie - to take root
vne - outside
vn-ez-ap-nui - sudden
vn-ecenie - entry, something one takes in something else

vn-esh-nui- external, outward
vn-ikati - penetrate, enter
vn-iz - down
vn-ima-nie - warning
vn-ovi - again
vn-ociti - take in, enter
vn-urti - inside

vn-ush-ati - convince someone of something by repeating it, persuade /negative meaning, like one gets into someone's head and start messing up with the person/
vn-iat-nui - distinct, intelligible
na-ra-vne - equally, on one level
sla-vn-oi - great, masc; fem. sla-vn-aia; neuter sla-vnoi; the same in Bulgaria is masc."sla-ven"; fem- sla-vna" neuter 'sla-vno" - the same word and meaning, only with "e" inserted between v-n.
ro-vn-ui - leveled

Edited by Don Quixote - 08-Feb-2012 at 21:49
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2012 at 03:23
NeFReTiTi=Nefretiti=(Two-edged?)Bladed breathe looks innocent innocence!She was really beauty,wasn't she?

Edited by medenaywe - 09-Feb-2012 at 03:24
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2012 at 03:31
HRiSTo=Christ=Arrow-less connection presents shelter!
HRiSToS=Christ=Arrow-less  connection  presents  protected(shielded)presence!
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2012 at 03:32
She was, Nefertiti, I mean. Very fine features. "Looking sharp" as it can be said in US slang. So, as the ultimate feminine she really can be called "double blade" double sharp, and considering what life was in those times she probably was "innocent innocence". Alas, we modern people know too much to be really innocent...and most of us cannot even afford it, the price became too high in our complicated world.
Very fitting name, in other wordsSmile.

Edited by Don Quixote - 09-Feb-2012 at 03:34
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2012 at 03:38
That's the purpose of this topic:to compare and show us that i have not avoided rules&meaning of syllables
in every word i have posted here!
By th way,for me this is a Huge help in further language remake from a scratches!LOL

Edited by medenaywe - 09-Feb-2012 at 03:41
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2012 at 03:47
She is beautiful as defined (her face) in classic era terms. Personally, she is a little thin looking which I do not find attractive and I would've preferred to have been able to view the 'entire package' before rendering an opinion.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2012 at 03:49
MoEBiUS=infinity=Motherly(Goddess's)answer,executes,word-of-mouth presence!
Be(Bi)or not to(Bi)Be?Wink

Edited by medenaywe - 09-Feb-2012 at 13:16
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2012 at 19:27
Mo is definitely Mo-ther, not only in Germanic languages, like English,
Mu-tter in German Ditch ,
Mo-r in Danish, Swedish, and Norwegian
Mo-eder in Dutch
E-ma - /the same "ma"/ in Estonian
Mo-tina in Latvian
Mo-dir - Islandian; 

but also  in the Slavic ones -
Ma-ika, Ma-ma, in Bulgarian,
Ma-ika in Serbian, Croatian,
Ma-tka in Slovakian, Polish, and Czech
Ma-ti in Slovenian,
Ma-tushka, Ma-ti  in Russian, /I put "i" on the end for the "soft sound", it makes "t" to be pronounced softly/
Ma-tci in Bielorussian,
Ma-ti in Ukrainian, /and also in Old Bulgarian, like in 18, 19 century one/'
Ma-ke, Ma-ika in Macedonian;

and in the Romanian languages -
Ma-ter in Latin,
Me-re in French,
Ma-dre in Spanish and Italian,
Ma-e in Portuguese,
Ma-ma in Romanian,
and
Me-tera in Greek
Mhá-thair in Irish /I mean Celtic Irish/.
they all rotate around the root "mo/e".

"bi/e" is a word of action, like in English;
In Bulgarian:
bi-va - means "it will work, it's OK, it can be done"; "ne biva" - means "don't do that", literally - "it shall not be done".

e-bi/e/a -  in Bulgarian is the profane word for "having sex"- a word of action,
e-ba -  in Latin is used to make the imperfect tenses - to add continuous action to any verb, in other words, an action word
bi-vak - place to be/stay during the night, like a tent, used for people who travel. camp
bi-lo - mountain/hill top or edge
bi-lo - past tense of "is", 3rd person singular; fem.- bi-la; masc.-  bi-l;
bui-li  - past tense of "is" in Russian , 3rd person singular; fem. bui;la; neuter bui-lo "u" here is pronounced like "u" in "buck"/

us - participates in the Bulgarian words:
us-ta - /mouth/,
us-tna - verbal, (word) of mouth  like in the expression "ustna rech" literally "word-of-mouth"; here in fem; masc. us-ten; neuter us-tno
us-tni - lips; also
us-ne in Serbian is "lips"

in Russian:
us-stnui - verbal
us-toi - foundations, the same in Bulgarian
us-tiue - mouth of a river
us- moustache

Edited by Don Quixote - 09-Feb-2012 at 19:40
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2012 at 20:16

HRiSTo=Christ=Arrow-less connection presents shelter!
HRiSToS=Christ=Arrow-less  connection  presents  protected(shielded)presence!

In Bulgarian:
hr-am - temple, the same in Russian; and  temples of any kind are considered "shelters" since Greek time - if a criminal or someone who is persecuted for any reason made it to a temple of any god, no one can lay hands on him/her while she/he is in.
hr-ana - food; Jesus words as "food for the soul" is an expression I had seen and heard more than once

In Ancient Greek:
hr-e /χρεω/ - verb, to deliver oracle - which happens in some kind of a temple, I think the Bulgarian word for temple "hram" came from this Greek word
hr-ao /χραω/ - the utter, to deliver
hr-en /χρεν/ - destiny
hr-ema /χρημα/ - a thing that one needs

oi-stos /οιστος/ - arrow; in Bulgarian:
st-rela - arrow; I suppose it came from the Greek word - "str" is the root.
In Russian:
st-rela - arrow
st-roiat -build /like building a building/
st-ena - wall
str-astnoi - holy, like in "Strastnaia Piatniza" /Good Friday, literally Friday-of-the-Passion/; passionate, like emotional.

Edited by Don Quixote - 09-Feb-2012 at 20:42
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2012 at 01:53
Version of name NeFeRTiTi,for Don only:(What does it means Fen?Is it blows as a wind,Don?
Two-edged wind sprouts innocent innocence! 

Edited by medenaywe - 10-Feb-2012 at 01:59
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 389>