Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Origins of language!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 389>
Author
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Origins of language!
    Posted: 03-Mar-2012 at 03:25
SuChii=Hungry knowledge!
ChooVaM=Glorious slavery interiors!
ChooVa=Glorious slavery!
     ChaI=From flame-able,The First(Her)=smoke or ash?Smoke i prefer!Where is smoke was a flame!Smile

Edited by medenaywe - 04-Mar-2012 at 12:42
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2012 at 03:33
ot-chai-an - desperate=Nestable smoke sacrifices mother's!
slu-chai-en/slu-chai-no/slu-chai-na - random - masc/neuter/feminine=Presentable anger smokes answer
mother's!
slu-chai - event, something that happened=Presentable anger smokes!

Edited by medenaywe - 03-Mar-2012 at 04:03
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2012 at 04:10
ChiChe=female character in Turkish soap serial=Cognitive food!
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2012 at 04:11
Is there anybody who can give some examples from any agglutinative language?

my example is from my mother tongue:Turkish

göz                    _eye
göz-lük              _glasses
göz-lük-çü         _ a person who sells glasses
göz-lük-çü-lük    _name of the job
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2012 at 04:16
Extract sounds from your words comparing with those Olios and post it here:
http://www.asusilc.net/scr101/les1/s1glas.htm
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2012 at 04:19
Here you have almost all sounds even (b) absence of voice:
http://mylanguages.org/macedonian_alphabet.php
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2012 at 05:00
Originally posted by medenaywe

SuChii=Hungry knowledge!
ChooVaM=Knowledgeable slavery interiors!
ChooVa=Knowledgeable slavery!
     ChaI=From flame-able,The First(Her)=smoke or ash?Smoke i prefer!Where is smoke was a flame!Smile

This looks well connected, will analize it tomorrow.
Good night, world!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Pn2K3sKWxfs/TmdEp_argQI/AAAAAAAAACc/bB4Z-xGY5K4/s1600/good_night_004.gif
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2012 at 05:07
Night Don I am going out looking for Sun rays!
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2012 at 05:57

Extract sounds from your words comparing with those Olios and post it here:
http://www.asusilc.net/scr101/les1/s1glas.htm

It is difficult Confused Big smile

one more thing, I hate english because of its pronounciation. It is completely chaos for me. Letter "c" pronounciate differently in alphabet, but in the word it is different like word cat. Where is the same sound!!!  it sounds like -k (silk) not like "c" in alphabet. In the word ancient, it is different than c in cat. whyCry

but as you wish

ɡøz                     -eye
ɡøz-lyk               -glasses
ɡøz-lyk-tʃy          -a person who sells glasses
ɡøz-lyk-tʃy-lyk    -name of the job

I just wanna see the word structure from any agglutinative language? how does the new words create with suffixs? it is not like in english or any inflecting language as below

Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
oxydracae View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oxydracae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2012 at 08:40
@Ollios: South Indian (Dravidian) languages also have this agglutinative structure, that is why many early 19th century linguists were proposing them as Turkic Languages.

e.g. this word pōkamuṭiyātavarkaḷukkāka means "for the sake of those who cannot go". 
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2012 at 09:17
GoBeKLiTePe=Strong promise equals bright prediction on rock!(on or and?)

Edited by medenaywe - 03-Mar-2012 at 11:43
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2012 at 10:59
TePe=Predicting Rock!Smile 

Edited by medenaywe - 03-Mar-2012 at 12:31
oxydracae View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oxydracae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2012 at 11:03
^^ lol... inthiswayyoucanmakeanylanguagueagglutinative. :)

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2012 at 11:10
Idea is that speech started with voices.Than voices according predicative logic rules came syllables,after that
syllables became words as we know today.But those days words were sentences.I am doing some reverse engineering here:Looking for words with same syllables from different languages to reveal syllable meaning knowing the rules&their forms!Smile
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2012 at 14:48
Will try to extract sounds from your words Olios:
ɡøz                     -eye=Goz(or Gjuz)=Muscular tongue(Nile's tongue=water!)
ɡøz-lyk               -glasses=GozLiK(or Gjuzlik)=Muscular Tongue(-II-)lights equality!
ɡøz-lyk-tʃy          -a person who sells glasses=GoZLiKTJuLiK=Muscular Tongue(-II-)lights equal dream and(with?) fear!
ɡøz-lyk-tʃy-lyk    -name of the job=GoZLiKTJuLiK=Muscular tongue(-II-)lights equal dream and fearsome
light equals!Smile

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2012 at 16:56
ChuChu=We&You are throating!
TuTu=We&You are noising!
 I mixed them up!
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2012 at 22:16

SuChii=Hungry knowledge! Babies are hungry for life, and life, no matter if one wnats it or not, imposes knowledge on us, teaches su things; hence, to be hungry for life is to be "hungry" for "knowledge" too
ChooVaM=Knowledgeable slavery interiors! To hear something is to know it, to know something is to interiorize it, which is in a way being a slave to it - what we know owns us.
ChooVa=Knowledgeable slavery! It's sure a slavery to take care of a child and everyone who dares to accept caring for a child knows that this will be like 20 years of "slavery" - hence "knowledgeable slavery".
     ChaI=From flame-able,The First(Her)=smoke or ash?Smoke i prefer!Where is smoke was a flame! Hot tea steams - hence "smoke", and it's hot, hence "flame".
Smile

I'm blue.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4cUQeNhcDT0/TwMyX6vzP1I/AAAAAAAAEwA/frg_uOpJmwI/s1600/bluebird.jpg
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2012 at 22:35

ot-chai-an - desperate=Nestable smoke sacrifices mother's! There is this Bulgarian expression "to pour ash on your head" which means a gesture of grief and desperation. People also would make special sacrifices when desperate and needing help. So, being affected=nested by a desperation, one sacrifices to Mother-Goddess.
slu-chai-en/slu-chai-no/slu-chai-na - random - masc/neuter/feminine=Presentable anger smokes answer mother's! Random negative things happen which in ancient times were seen as inflicted my a angry" deity/s - then people would sacrifice /hence, "smoke"/ and ask deities /?mother"-goddess/ for help - for "answer" to their pleas.
slu-chai - event, something that happened=Presentable anger smokes! Any random event may be seen as "presented" by the anger of a deity - like it was seen in Homeric times; then people sacrifice - and "smoke" rises.
google_ad_secti&#111;n_end End Member Post Start Signature

I think it all falls in place wellSmile.

Edited by Don Quixote - 03-Mar-2012 at 22:36
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2012 at 22:46

Gobecly Tepe was a sanctuary - hence it being there was a "strong promise" for future positive things coming from properly worshiping the deities; so it is equal=resulting in bright=light /what any religion gives for whoever believes in it/. "Predicting Rock" - hills and mountains were sacred in the Mother-Goddess cult, they were seen as the pregnant belly of Mother-Nature - that's why, I believe, it was deliberately covered with dirt, made in a hill, to bring the sanctuary in sacred space, to make it sacred; predictions were regularly performed in sacred places. Very fitting name.
http://g2.img-dpreview.com/8145B9E2056A430E9BD12AD02CFE4E84.jpg
Only 4 out of the 20 structures had been excavated, the rest 16 are still "rock" in the hill. A hill pregnant with sacred structures, "predicting rock" - we can say that this is what Gobekli Tepe is.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2012 at 01:18
Originally posted by oxydracae

@Ollios: South Indian (Dravidian) languages also have this agglutinative structure, that is why many early 19th century linguists were proposing them as Turkic Languages.
 e.g. this word pōkamuṭiyātavarkaḷukkāka means "for the sake of those who cannot go". 

Interesting note thanks to share
Originally posted by oxydracae

^^ lol... inthiswayyoucanmakeanylanguagueagglutinative. :)

:D  A sample from Turkish. it is also a part of child tongue twister
"çekoslovakyalılaştıramadıklarımızdan mısınız?"
czechoslovakialylashteramadeklaremezdan mesenez?
it means like "are you a person who isn't been czechoslovakian by us?"

Is it translation of gobeklitepe? I couldn't fit the english words in it Confused
Originally posted by Don Quixote

You have been a expert about Gobeklitepe

Edited by Ollios - 04-Mar-2012 at 01:20
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 389>