Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Riddle game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 32>
Author
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Riddle game
    Posted: 20-Jan-2012 at 19:37
Originally posted by Nick1986

Are these pillars holding up some sort of giant billboard? If you kept a tight hold on the rope safety rail you might be able to walk across
Unfortunately not, Nick. Smile
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2012 at 13:40
The ropes and wood wouldn't be some sort of trapeze, would they? If there were two or three of them suspended from the ceiling (assuming we're talking about a circus tent) you might be able to swing across
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2012 at 13:44
Idea of riddle is creation of non logical solution.In real life we laugh in this situation Nick cause our brain has no already prepared answer!LOLThan laugh here!
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2012 at 14:03

The ropes and wood wouldn't be some sort of trapeze, would they? If there were two or three of them suspended from the ceiling (assuming we're talking about a circus tent) you might be able to swing across
Being on the top of one of the pillars it would be impossible to make a trapeze. A further clue: only one of the props is used for this one.Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2012 at 19:49
Perhaps the ropes are woven into a net at the bottom of the pillar? If you land hard enough (weighted down with the pebbles), you could bounce your way to the other pillar
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2012 at 12:44

Perhaps the ropes are woven into a net at the bottom of the pillar? If you land hard enough (weighted down with the pebbles), you could bounce your way to the other pillar
The ropes could be woven, Nick, but they don't need to be as it is all to do with the quantity. Is there rope at the bottom of the pillars? It would have been dishonest of me to ignore the question of rope at the bottom of the pillars. There is indeed rope near the bottom of the pillars.Smile Btw Nick, your answer wasn't correct.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2012 at 13:15
It's finally come to me: the rope's piled so high you can simply walk across
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2012 at 13:16

It's finally come to me: the rope's piled so high you can simply walk across

Well done, Nick, you're totally correct. Your go.Smile
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2012 at 19:31
That was a tough one.Clap Let's see if you can get this one:

Paul is 20 years old in 1980, but only 15 in 1985. How is this possible?
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2012 at 06:32

Wow, Nick, I nearly didn't get this one, until I got paper and pencil out. Though admittedly still it was on my second attempt. My first attempt had me write the dates out first and putting the ages underneath, and that was no good. My second go though, and if this is right, Nick, I wrote Paul's ages first in numerical order lowest to highest then placed the years in after. Still it didn't instantly hit me until while looking at this combination I asked myself why backwards in age. Then it hit me, logically he can't have gone backwards in age and time goes forward, but historically speaking, and this being a history forum, we have dates BC and AD, so my guess is that the dates were BC and he was 15 in 1985 BC and five years on in 1980 BC he was 20. Smile  
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2012 at 06:38
If it was BC,how old is Paul now?LOLRegards riddler!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2012 at 08:35
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

Wow, Nick, I nearly didn't get this one, until I got paper and pencil out. Though admittedly still it was on my second attempt. My first attempt had me write the dates out first and putting the ages underneath, and that was no good. My second go though, and if this is right, Nick, I wrote Paul's ages first in numerical order lowest to highest then placed the years in after. Still it didn't instantly hit me until while looking at this combination I asked myself why backwards in age. Then it hit me, logically he can't have gone backwards in age and time goes forward, but historically speaking, and this being a history forum, we have dates BC and AD, so my guess is that the dates were BC and he was 15 in 1985 BC and five years on in 1980 BC he was 20. Smile  

Correct! Your turn AlaniClap
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2012 at 08:46
An aircraft is travelling long distance and has many many passengers from many many countries, when it changes direction and crashes directly crashes on the border of three countries with a huge loss of life. Lets say the countries are Germany, Austria, and the Czech Republic. The question is, how do you decide in which country you should bury the survivors?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2012 at 11:29
You don't bury survivors. Big smile
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2012 at 11:35
Originally posted by red clay

You don't bury survivors. Big smile
Correct, red clay, your turn.Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2012 at 13:00
What has 4 wheels and flies?
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2012 at 13:02

What has 4 wheels and flies?
Is it a table with wings? Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2012 at 13:06
A garbage truck.  Ya gotta think about that one for a minute.Big smile
Unknown.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2012 at 13:10

A garbage truck.  Ya gotta think about that one for a minute.Big smile
Ha ha ha, red clay, yes I get it all right.Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

OK, red clay, try us with another.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2012 at 11:57
Let's get this game going again. Who wants to post the next riddle?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 32>