Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CV's homilies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CV's homilies
    Posted: 16-Dec-2011 at 04:04
''So you think ya good eh. Ya think ya a bad man eh?''
''Well then think again. Cuz ya ain't bad enough to beat death. All ya can do is duck until he finds yer ass. Then hope like hell ya don't wet yer drawers and scream fer yer momma....ya pansy.''
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2011 at 07:19
This is so much "English" that i understand it.It is for child moral speech CV?
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2011 at 11:41
An Atheist, Agnostic, Jew, Muslim, Christian and a Buddhist fighting fer the lives in the foxhole.
Things appeared rough. So rough the agnostic was trying to figure out what he had become and which faith he would adopt. For in truth, he had nearly lost his head a dozen times and he had indeed seen the light.

When all seemed lost...thru the thunder and gloom and fog rode the Cav to the rescue.
''Climb on board men.. we got room in the tracks'' said the snappily dressed Captain, adorned in his yellow scarf, spurs jangling from his CBs.

All of them, less one fell, to his knees giving thanks, in their own way, to the Great Master above. Even the reborn agnostic who was still trying to figure out which prayers and postulations to follow.

''Except you." ''For obviously an atheist, who no doubts supports science blindly and socialization of the state and redistribution of wealth has not yet learned the lesson'' quipped the Captain to the godless one.

And forthwith, in a whirl of dust, with tracks spinning and engines whining, with the howl of the rotors overhead... they withdrew.

Bout three miles down the road one of the rescuee's queried the Captain..."Ya not really going to leave him are ya Sir?"

''Nope'' he returned. ''Just give him some time and distance to think about it.. is all.''

''By the way Cap... er what is the lesson?'' said the former agnostic now a firmly committed spiritualist.

"Well... when in a fix..... be gawdamn careful who it is that rescues you" replied the noble knight on steel.

S. T. Friedman

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2011 at 04:14
Life.... has oft been compared to me, by others, as being like a bucket of shit.
People invariably stick their feet in the bucket and wallow around bemoaning their condition and fate.
Usually, I also hear that these types are of the standard liberal fare; who endorse socialization of the state and redistribution of wealth and wish the demise of a capitalist free market.
Or kowtow to terrorists and believe in the inherent goodness of man as a species and who enjoy sucking on the pipe stem of Platonic universal brotherhood as a life mantra.
Sad really.... for not only were their feet in the bucket...

so were their heads.

S. T. Friedman

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2011 at 17:29
Ah... another New year eh.....so what makes it different from your last..you ask?

You.

And if ya cant figure that out get back in the bucket.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 29-Dec-2011 at 17:29

S. T. Friedman

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2012 at 16:55
The best techniques of survival are taught by survivors.
Not...some faint hearted, pansy ass, wannabe.

S. T. Friedman

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2012 at 12:38
The dead generally mind their own business. Unless of course your stupid enough to forget to honor them if due... Or bother them with trivial bullshit.

Which then reveals the usual and obvious nexus. It's the goddamn living who remain the problem... the constant burning and irritating pain in the ass. Not only to the dead but themselves as well.

Best bet?

Honor the dead and avoid those alive who meet the description of the latter.

S. T. Friedman

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2012 at 07:08
Try not to do it...less yer sure. Then again sometimes all ya got is spur of the moment.  If that's the case then go fer the gusto and worry later.

S. T. Friedman

TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2012 at 08:09
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

Try not to do it...less yer sure. Then again sometimes all ya got is spur of the moment.  If that's the case then go fer the gusto and worry later.
That sounds like the general consensus on love, CV. But then love wouldn't be love without I guess.Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page. 
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2012 at 16:11
Love like truth is relative and hence relatively truthful.
Expect more and learn how to live with disappointment and or shit pie fer dinner.

S. T. Friedman

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2012 at 08:26
''And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.''
Ezekiel 25/17
And best bet?
Is ....don't ya gawdamn doubt it.

S. T. Friedman

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2012 at 08:30
Cause of 2012 somehow i start to believe it!Smile
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2012 at 11:00
It's always better to be a man then a pansy.

For example...when coming in to late (say 3:00-4:00 am) after a rousing night at the poolhall with the brothers. Sleep on the gawddamn porch with the dog....better then hearing that nagging bullshit from the frau or girlfriend or significant other.  Matter of fact...Don't even give them a chance to start.

Real men are not afraid of missing a night in the bed.

Who know's maybe ya get lucky... and they will leave ya.... and ya can start over.Wink

S. T. Friedman

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2012 at 14:21
The crass and ignorant in this world have reminded me (tho tis true I usually ignore them like a case of the clap)....I am not a Shakespeare or Churchill or even the legendary Socrates.

But I take solace in the fact that two out of the three were soldiers and statesmen, philosphers and warrior poets, and writers of such caliber.... that the world will never see their like again.

I adore them all.

Damn shame we didn't get to sit down together and discuss the fight and joy that is life.

Yep a gawdamn shame.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 24-Feb-2012 at 14:22

S. T. Friedman

Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2012 at 02:28
Life is fight, I can go with it, and the joy is in the fight. Everything is fight, in every given moment of every given day - against the others and yourself, against weather and pain, poverty, others, one's kids; sex is nothing but fight and the bed is the battlefield; work is fight with problems, and others, and so on, We cannot live without fight, when we stop, we die.

In Bulgarian both 'love" and "fight" are in feminine gender - very interchangeable,and one is soldier in the one the other too - this is a nuance that I never can't figure how to preserve in English. We may complain from having to fight all the time and in all directions, but we actually like it, we need it; like we need to work - take away a job from a person, and he/she will deteriorate in no time. The biggest psychological problems are found among the unemployed people - with a reason, we are not build to sit around and count the minutes, we are built for fighting the minutes down, loading them with meanings and deeds.

Anyway, on Death /which in Bulgarian is also feminine - the most important words in gendered languages are usually in feminine gender - love, death, fate, war, etc/ - I plan on dancing with her, not beating her; besides, she is not bad, she is the Reliever, the one-that-makes-it-set-in-stone - when one is gone, no more can be done, so he/she is set in stone. Death is just, comes for everyone, while Luck, Love, Life don't.

In a way, Death is an Angel
http://www.houseofazrael.com/azrael-gallery/images/angel_of_death-2large.jpg

And she will tell you something stupid, or lie to you, or make empty promises, or use you, because she is silent
http://qn5.com/blog_images/blg_death_is_silent.jpg
This is something to wait forward, actually, people say too many stupid things, and lie too much, mostly to themselves, and use too much
Death is beautiful
http://michaelnetzer.com/mnop/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/ladydeath2_sm.jpg
because it makes life feel more poignant. In Bulgarian, Life is male. So,

Life and Death in one embrace
Are rolling through all Times
And Pain and Love and Joy again
Are full with Fast and Now.

With fast and Now are full, me boys,
Full like a Life with Life
Full like a Star is full of Light
And Night is full of Spasms.

Like Night is full with Spasm, me boys,
And Darkness, Load and Shoot
And every minute is one less
And every hour - mute.

And every hour mute, me boys,
And screaming with gaped throat
Because the time is One to have
So take it all with Shout.
DQ

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2012 at 05:02

The crass and ignorant in this world have reminded me (tho tis true I usually ignore them like a case of the clap)....I am not a Shakespeare or Churchill or even the legendary Socrates.

But I take solace in the fact that two out of the three were soldiers and statesmen, philosphers and warrior poets, and writers of such caliber.... that the world will never see their like again.

I adore them all.

Damn shame we didn't get to sit down together and discuss the fight and joy that is life.

Yep a gawdamn shame.
You sell yourself short, CV. Yes at times there are things you say that grate on me, but you possess in what you say, IMO, something I prize highly in a person, honesty. Never change in that honesty. Btw, CV which of those three do you think would stimulate you the most, and you feel a kindred spirit with? I think it would be Socrates, but that's just my opinion. 
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2012 at 13:34
Churchill.

S. T. Friedman

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2012 at 13:39
Delusion...illusion..deception are for the weak of mind.. spirit and character..yet at some point we all practice them for a variety of reasons.

Don't let them replace the real world..it's the only one your going to get. And in the end was it worth your dignity and honor. Because even if only one person measures that after your gone..it will still get around. And even the dead prize honor.Wink

Also Sprach Centrix Vigilis

S. T. Friedman

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2012 at 13:55

Delusion...illusion..deception are for the weak of mind.. spirit and character..yet at some point we all practice them for a variety of reasons.

Don't let them replace the real world..it's the only one your going to get. And in the end was it worth your dignity and honor. Because even if only one person measures that after your gone..it will still get around. And even the dead prize honor.Wink

Once you've heard of the brain in a vat it's hard to not consider everything being potentially delusion/illusion, and yet with all the difficulties involved with such considerations it is still better, in my opinion, to live an honourable life. My delusion, CV, tends to be thinking that explaining things in a logical fashion will be understood.Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2012 at 15:07

Yes, reality is hard to live with, so many people choose illusions as a way to soften the corners and edges of life. In a way, illusions/delusions are a maladjustment to reality, no matter of the one that employs them understand this or not. My father, /may the soil be light on him, as they say in Bulgaria/ consciously choose to sink down with methodical drinking, keeping himself in constant slight lack of sobriety, explaining to me "I cannot except life like that", after the political events in post-communist Bulgaria. I understand the psychology behind it, but it doesn't solve anything. Keeping metal illusions, house of cards, is the same process - only no substance  is needed, the result is the same.

As for honor - this means so much, and in my Balkan culture in particular - if you lose your honor, you lost almost literally everything - at least this was in my time, now I can't account. Woman's honor lies in her not-messing-around, man's honor in his protecting the defenseless and not taking advantage of them - at least this is how I was raised, now I don't know how much it is worth now. There are also personal POV on honor - different people decide what to base their honor on - a woman who lost her hands and feet /I read about her, but no name was given/ decided that her honor lays in her living life as a normal person, not letting her be treated as a cripple - so she had a child, kept a garden - this in an African country, with her husband working in the city for money. This is honor for her - to be able to live active life in situation in which many people would get disability or let others take care of them. If one was to take this away, she wouldn't let it happen - point of honor.

But one thing about honor is that it cannot be taken in abuse, it's a mental characteristic, not a common social norm. One's reputation can be smeared, but not taken from them. It's like with rape - one can be forced in, but cannot be taken.

Edited by Don Quixote - 25-Mar-2012 at 15:25
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>