Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UFOs exist!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UFOs exist!
    Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 13:28
Originally posted by Nick1986

Could it have been some sort of remote control craft or experimental missile?

Sure! but not ours.Wink

Nick, my dad was with me the first time we spotted it.  He was a trained AAA gunnery director in WW2.  He was the one that figured out that it was a small object close, and not vice versa.  Aside from that, he was also involved in several top secret research projects that gave him a very good idea as to what we were capable of at that time.  Two other things, If it was something of ours, why would McGuire Air Base scramble fighters?  2nd, once over the orchard it had no place to go, except for the river.  I'm pretty sure we don't have a submersible aircraft, then or now.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 19:09

Perhaps the craft you saw was some sort of Russian plane? Ivan built several aircraft with circular wings, like this 1960s cropduster
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2012 at 23:31
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

diegis1 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote diegis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2012 at 06:02
The first "flying saucer" was actualy invented in early 30' s, and the first small scale prototype already fly in 1932

It was invented by Henri Coanda, and the large one (1 on 1 scale) was supposed to use a type of jet engine (he also invented since 1910). He even get a patent for it in 1935, in France.
It is said that Nazis get their hands on those papers, in 1940, and try to make some "flying saucers" too. Dates about this are usualy little, it is not mentioned too often. Ofcourse, there are other conspiracy theories about even more exotic models, fact is that the flying saucers start to be more visible (more apparitions) after WW 2.

If some of them are alien, that might be true as well, i have little doubts that there arent others in the Universe

Edited by diegis1 - 09-Jan-2012 at 06:04
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2012 at 01:21
THE NATIONAL UFO REPORTING CENTER

RECENT ACTIVITY AND HIGHLIGHTS

WEBSITE AND DATABASE UPDATED ON THURSDAY, JANUARY 12TH, 2012

http://www.nuforc.org/

S. T. Friedman

ttdub View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ttdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2012 at 15:08

Here's another flying saucer, the British Avrocar. This was just one of many strange craft we were testing to get one up on Ivan

How was something like this propelled in the air?
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2012 at 19:06
Originally posted by ttdub

Here's another flying saucer, the British Avrocar. This was just one of many strange craft we were testing to get one up on Ivan

How was something like this propelled in the air?

Its propulsion was similar to a VTOL jet: air was sucked in from above and expelled from the bottom. To steer the craft, it had to be tilted
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2012 at 19:05
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2012 at 11:35
Check out Project Lunex or USAF A119 and Project Horizon.
Note the vehicle description (in Lunex) and the difference in time between that and what becomes a shuttle.

If that link doesn't open go find Shootin' for the Moon by Jeffery T. Richelson, in the archives of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists.  http://www.thebulletin.org/

Yep just amazing what yer ole Unkie Centrix peruses eh.....LOL.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 17-Feb-2012 at 11:54

S. T. Friedman

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2012 at 19:04
A nuclear attack on the moon? The Cold War certainly was a strange time
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2013 at 18:53
http://1000aircraftphotos.com/WPAFB/McDonnellXF-85.jpg
One of the weirdest jets I've seen: McDonnel XF-85 Goblin. This was a parasite fighter: carried in the bomb bay to defend long-range bombers from enemy fighters
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12