Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Monsters in Uniform

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Monsters in Uniform
    Posted: 27-Jul-2012 at 20:26
Julius Streicher was behind many of the prewar antisemitic laws in Germany. He destroyed the synagogue at Nuremberg in 1938, seized Jewish property, and beat Jews with a bullwhip. He was hung in 1945 for crimes against humanity
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2012 at 19:41

Julius Streicher
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2012 at 19:18

Yasuhiko Asaka organised the Rape of Nanking to punish the Chinese, ordering his troops to "kill them all." He was never punished due to his royal blood, although he lost his title in 1947
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2012 at 19:34

Allied propagandists depicted Herman Goring as a flamboyant, comical figure. However, the real Goring was a greedy and cruel monster. He looted the captured territories of art for his personal collection, formed the Gestapo, and deliberately bombed civilians in London and Coventry
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2012 at 19:40

Alois Brunner deported over 50000 Jews to the death camps and shot the financier Sigmund Bosel, despite the old man being very sick and weak. After the war Brunner escaped to Syria, where he worked as a torturer for the Baath dictatorship and lived under the pseudonym Dr Fisher until he died in 1996
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2012 at 19:24
Ivan "the Terrible" Demanjuk, a brutal Ukrainian concentration camp guard who gassed and hacked to death many Jews
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13345166

Edited by Nick1986 - 01-Aug-2012 at 19:32
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2012 at 21:01

Franz Stangl (centre) was commandant of Treblinka death camp. He killed over 900000 people when he oversaw the T-4 euthanasia program. After the war he escaped to Brazil and wasn't caught until 1967. He died of heart failure four years later
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2012 at 19:35

Insignia of the 3rd SS. This division was tasked with exterminating the Jews and guarding the death camps
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2012 at 19:17
Albert Heim aka "Dr Death" left Germany in 1962 and remains at large. His crimes include mass-murder and sick experiments on Mauthausen's Jewish inmates. If this torturer is still alive he would be 94 now
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2012 at 19:17
A Lithuanian war criminal's recollections of the shooting of Jews:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2185315/Nazi-criminal-says-Jews-screamed-like-geese.html
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2012 at 22:08
I want to commend my friend Nick for his work here.....all to often history lulls us to sleep. Perhaps it's her way of protecting us from the horror we perpetuate amongst ourselves.....but don't be fooled.

The bitch is wide awake. And she will report even when threatened with revisonism.

Now my only complaint is widen it to include others of the era and context. But ole Nick knew I cant never be satisfied.....must be the Cav in me.LOL
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Alyazia View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Alyazia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2012 at 06:13
Hitler, genghis khan and holako too maybe idk Smile
(:
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2012 at 16:21
Well there as good as any if ya believe them to be so.....depends on the viewpoint and yours is as good as anybody elses. Mine would include Stalin and varying Japanese of WW2. Pol Pot...Mao and a couple along those lines.

It's all context.

S. T. Friedman

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2012 at 19:16

U-Boat commander Heinz Eck (left) sank a Greek steamship in 1944, then massacred the survivors to prevent them alerting allied planes. 
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2012 at 20:40
More eyewitness accounts of Japanese atrocities. How could they be so cruel?
http://www.csee.umbc.edu/~kunliu1/Nanjing_Massacre.html
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2012 at 23:46

S. T. Friedman

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2012 at 19:15
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

Well there as good as any if ya believe them to be so.....depends on the viewpoint and yours is as good as anybody elses. Mine would include Stalin and varying Japanese of WW2. Pol Pot...Mao and a couple along those lines.

It's all context.

Other countries' soldiers could also be cruel, but few (not even the Russians) matched the Germans and Japanese in senseless brutality
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2012 at 19:02
Originally posted by Nick1986

The cruelty of the Japanese matched that of the Germans. Above is Shiro Ishii, a scientist who experimented on prisoners. Unfortunately he was never brought to justice as MacArthur gave him immunity in return for cooperating with the Allies

Wasn't he in charge of Unit 731 at Harbin?

Giving monsters immunity is nothing new.  The American military gladly traded for the data from the horrific Luftwaffe Medical experiments, which were so bad that the Luftwaffe officers refused to be associated with the testing in any way.

And Operation Paperclip welcomed Nazis into our midst, including people like Werner von Braun.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2012 at 19:04

Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

It's all context.

Other countries' soldiers could also be cruel, but few (not even the Russians) matched the Germans and Japanese in senseless brutality

On the contrary, the Russians more than matched the brutality of the Germans and the Japanese, against their own people as well as their enemies.
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2012 at 19:07

Allied propagandists depicted Herman Goring as a flamboyant, comical figure. However, the real Goring was a greedy and cruel monster. He looted the captured territories of art for his personal collection, formed the Gestapo, and deliberately bombed civilians in London and Coventry

Unfortunately, the Allies practiced unrestricted bombing of civilians throughout the war (including the Americans) and we looted German museums and all of their technology afterwards.

Goering was no worse that Bomber Harris against the Germans or American General LeMay against the population of Japan.

Edited by Mountain Man - 30-Aug-2012 at 19:09
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>