Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Monsters in Uniform

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Monsters in Uniform
    Posted: 31-Aug-2012 at 19:04
It was the Germans who first bombed civilians and provoked the Allies to respond in kind. Harris' firebombing (in his own words) deprived the Nazis of many future workers and soldiers
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2012 at 20:13
Some Japanese still believe the Nanking Massacre was invented by Chinese propagandists. This sounds very similar to neo-fascist Holocaust denial
http://www.pacificwar.org.au/WarCrimeIntro.html
Delenda est Roma View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote Delenda est Roma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2012 at 21:39
That site has a very large bias.
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2012 at 12:55
Originally posted by Nick1986

Some Japanese still believe the Nanking Massacre was invented by Chinese propagandists. This sounds very similar to neo-fascist Holocaust denial

What do they think about the thousands of Korean women forced into military prostitution by the Japanese army?  The large population of post-war Japanese-Korean children is more than enough evidence about that issue, as is the apology ultimately demanded by the Korean nation itself a few years ago.

The trouble with history is that it lingers on and and stains the honor of nations long after the atrocities are done.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2012 at 20:17
Originally posted by Mountain Man

Originally posted by Nick1986

What do they think about the thousands of Korean women forced into military prostitution by the Japanese army?  The large population of post-war Japanese-Korean children is more than enough evidence about that issue, as is the apology ultimately demanded by the Korean nation itself a few years ago.

The trouble with history is that it lingers on and and stains the honor of nations long after the atrocities are done.

They might respond with some insane conspiracy theory, like modern-day neo-Nazis claiming the Holocaust was committed by the alliesWacko
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2012 at 19:18
Here's another one for the collection:

Pol Pot:

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2012 at 20:04

Another evil bastard: Ratko Mladic who ordered the mass-execution of many Bosnian Muslims
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2012 at 12:46
Ever notice how the monsters like their military uniforms?  
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2012 at 15:43
It's psychological -  a uniform gves one a different image to hind behind; an exuse fro whatever happens when one is it; a feeling of belonging. It's easier to commit an atrocity when in uniform because it happens in a social role, that is symbolizzed by the uniform.

So monsters can kill babies while in uniform and kiss their own kids when without it - it's like a double life. So they like uniforms. Besides monsters are fragile people, usually with low self-respect that take their own anger on others - so they need the protection of the uniform and the reinforced feeling of belonging it gives.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2012 at 19:22

A peaked cap and uniform also look more intimidating. Take this Gestapo officer, for example
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2012 at 19:02
We've known this for years, but only now do they make it official: the ordinary Wehrmacht on the Eastern Front were as brutal as the SS
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2206982/I-liked-shoot--women-kids--kind-sport-Secret-Nazi-tapes-reveal-ordinary-German-soldiers-responsible-war-crimes-just-SS.html
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2012 at 11:04
Sometimes Nazi war criminals got a taste of their own medicine. They weren't so tough when they were facing grown men, not helpless women and children
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2223831/How-Britain-tortured-Nazi-PoWs-The-horrifying-interrogation-methods-belie-proud-boast-fought-clean-war.html
Azita View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Quote Azita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2012 at 10:54

Henry Wirz
A forgotton name in much of US history, but does he count as a monster in Uniform?

Azita
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2012 at 12:24
Yup. He'll do.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Salah ad-Din View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Salah ad-Din Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2012 at 14:20
A scapegoat in uniform, maybe.

But if this Azita is Historum's former Azita, then he's pure evil just because he lived in America:)
Azita View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Quote Azita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2012 at 15:30
Originally posted by Salah ad-Din

But if this Azita is Historum's former Azita, then he's pure evil just because he lived in America:)

3. Trolling can also be considered as, "inflammatory remarks, "
 5. "Rude insults, defamatory remarks"  "personal attacks, "
 6. "Nationalism "
 8. Negative attitude; tone of confrontation, annoyance, or contempt; disrespectful toward other members.

Some of the( abridged) forum rules here, perhaps Salah Ad-din has not had time to read them yet.

Azita
PS:  Surely no one could apporove of Fort Sumter ????
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2012 at 15:46

A scapegoat in uniform, maybe.

Ease up Salah and remember keep the personalities out of it. As your last sentence was not necessary.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 31-Oct-2012 at 15:58

S. T. Friedman

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2012 at 15:50
Originally posted by Azita

3. Trolling can also be considered as, "inflammatory remarks, "
 5. "Rude insults, defamatory remarks"  "personal attacks, "
 6. "Nationalism "
 8. Negative attitude; tone of confrontation, annoyance, or contempt; disrespectful toward other members.

Some of the( abridged) forum rules here, perhaps Salah Ad-din has not had time to read them yet.

Azita
PS:  Surely no one could approve of Fort Sumter ????

Your point is made.

Now also remember the other guideline in the CoC...you have a complaint. Take it PM to a Mod or the Admin for resolution. We avoid flame wars this way.

And for general edification and enlightenment for all concerned, now or in the future. They may rest assured; flame wars wont happen here as long as I Mod.

Period.

S. T. Friedman

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2012 at 15:54
As for the thread.

Jallianwala Bagh massacre.

BG Reginald E.H. Dyer, British India Army, makes the list.

S. T. Friedman

Azita View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Quote Azita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2012 at 17:21
Ah! the amritsar massacre, much more to this than is often mentioned, especially the events preceding the order to open fire.

I suspect that 1857 was still remembered as well. Still cant be condoned, just better understood.

It is quite a testimony to the British of that time, that they were also outraged and disgusted by the event. and the subsequent changes made

BTW the 1984 massacre was far more bloody.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>