Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Monsters in Uniform

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Monsters in Uniform
    Posted: 11-Nov-2011 at 19:24

This foul creature is Oskar Dirlewanger, a rapist, murderer and pedophile. During the war he was put in charge of a special SS unit made up of convicted criminals with the intent of unleashing a wave of terror on the conquered Slavs, comparable to the Black and Tans in Ireland. At the end of the war this monster was captured and beaten to death in his cell by his Polish guards, an end much more befitting than the hangman's noose
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2011 at 21:31

Here's another depraved individual: death camp commandant Amon Goth (portrayed by Ralph Fiennes). Survivors describe him as the personification of evil: a cold-blooded murderer who tortured and shot Jews on a whim, even charging them for the ammunition used for the executions. This monster died unrepentant, giving the Nazi salute before his hanging
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2011 at 19:12

The cruelty of the Japanese matched that of the Germans. Above is Shiro Ishii, a scientist who experimented on prisoners. Unfortunately he was never brought to justice as MacArthur gave him immunity in return for cooperating with the Allies
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2011 at 19:32
These are psychopaths are are found in any nation, not only among Germans and Japanese. The Nazist regime only provided them with the freedom to do what they want. If a similar regime were in France or other country the same things would happened. Most of the German soldiers behaved pretty well compared with what Russians have done to the peoples they "eliberated", I mean millions of rapes, looting etc organized and unorganized. And while today Germans and Japanese peoples regret what their predecessors have done, the today Russians find pride and continue to opress different nations in the last empire of the modern world.

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2011 at 19:22
That may be so Menumorot, but the Nazis and Japanese caused the most suffering (together with their Croat, Ukrainian and Vichy collaborator allies). The Russians' brutality was largely a reaction to German atrocities, like the massacre of suspected communists, the rape of Russian women, and the extermination of captured Red Army soldiers in the death camps

Edited by Nick1986 - 16-Nov-2011 at 19:23
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2011 at 23:42
Russians didn't rape only Germans but Polish, Romanians, Russians as well. They mass-murdered by execution or pogroms hundreds of thousands of Poles, Jews, Romanians and other people both during Russian civil war and WW2). They deported millions of Romanians from Bessarabia and Bukovina, Ukrainians and other people in Siberia. They deported to Siberia too Saxons and Swabians from Transylvania only because they were German.

Yet, no Russian have ever been charged with war crimes by the International Criminal Court or Soviet or Russian tribunal.

For ten years they stole much of Romanian resources, like the entire uranium production (17,000 tons).

Soviet war crimes

Soviet occupation of Romania

PanzerOberst View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote PanzerOberst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2011 at 03:51
Agreed Menumorot, both sides committed all kinds of war crimes, but as good ol' Churchill said "History will be written by the victors" so the allies war crimes were conveniently ignored. My fav candidate would be this fellow, he's guilty of all kind of things I suppose but the first that comes to mind would be for being such a hopeless idiot.uploads/6150/himm9.rar

Edited by PanzerOberst - 17-Nov-2011 at 03:59
"If the tanks succeed, then victory follows"
- Heinz W. Guderian
Chookie View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Chookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2011 at 16:40
Originally posted by Nick1986

.....The Russians' brutality was largely a reaction to German atrocities, like the massacre of suspected communists, the rape of Russian women, and the extermination of captured Red Army soldiers in the death camps

Really Nick? What about the Katyn Forest and the massacre of the Polish officers corps?
For money you did what guns could not do.........
Karalem View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Karalem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2011 at 16:56

That may be so Menumorot, but the Nazis and Japanese caused the most suffering (together with their Croat, Ukrainian and Vichy collaborator allies). The Russians' brutality was largely a reaction to German atrocities, like the massacre of suspected communists, the rape of Russian women, and the extermination of captured Red Army soldiers in the death camps

I wouldn't call it extermination. The Germans were not able to feed their own troops stretched over Russia, so how could they feed their POVs. Most  prisoners died in fenced off quickly set up camps. The cause was hunger. Just like in Leningrad, similar logic. Starve the people and youll march into an empty city. Problem sorted. No ethical troublesome questions.
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2011 at 20:12
Originally posted by Chookie

.....The Russians' brutality was largely a reaction to German atrocities, like the massacre of suspected communists, the rape of Russian women, and the extermination of captured Red Army soldiers in the death camps

Really Nick? What about the Katyn Forest and the massacre of the Polish officers corps?

These were killings by a small group of NKVD men. While ordinary Russian troops could be brutal, in the German and Japanese armies such practice was both widespread and encouraged. The Germans bombed civilians in Spain and England, burned churches full of women and children, massacred Jews in Poland, took hostages, burned French villages, wired schools with explosives to draw out resistance fighters, and executed Polish soldiers as bandits rather than lawful combatants.
The Japanese were even worse: they skewered babies on bayonets, beheaded prisoners for fun, tortured POWs, experimented on Chinese civilians, raped women and little girls, used chemical weapons, and may have even eaten human flesh
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2011 at 10:06
As a side note, both the NKVD and the SS realized that most people were not not going to participate in the mass murder.  Both regimes used relatively small groups of men who had demonstrated that they were psychologicaly capable of commiting mass murder. 

These small units (SS Einsatzgruppen and special NKVD platoons) were then moved from site to site.   For example, the murders at Katyn may have only involved 100 or so actual shooters.  In other instances, a travelling NKVD execution platoon would arrive at a labor camp designated to be purged and then systematially execute several thousand people over the course of a week before moving to the next camp.      

Edited by Cryptic - 19-Nov-2011 at 10:12
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2011 at 19:49
Originally posted by Karalem

I wouldn't call it extermination. The Germans were not able to feed their own troops stretched over Russia, so how could they feed their POVs. Most  prisoners died in fenced off quickly set up camps. The cause was hunger. Just like in Leningrad, similar logic. Starve the people and youll march into an empty city. Problem sorted. No ethical troublesome questions.

It was definitely extermination. The Germans seized all the food and deliberately starved Slavs in the conquered territory with the approval of Himmler and Hitler himself. In the concentration camps Russian prisoners were worked to death, and those deemed too weak joined the Jews in the gas chamber. The Germans treated the Poles in exactly the same way: as slaves or even vermin
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2011 at 19:08

Here's one of the butchers responsible: that cowardly little man Himmler. He ordered the deaths of millions but, upon visiting a death camp, promptly threw up when the blood of a recently executed prisoner stained his designer-brand uniform

Edited by Nick1986 - 20-Nov-2011 at 19:08
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2011 at 19:30

A typical member of the "Aryan Master Race." In any other society this creep would probably be a registered sex offender, serial killer, or traffic warden

Edited by Nick1986 - 25-Nov-2011 at 19:31
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2011 at 08:23
^
Who is this person?
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2011 at 08:36
Pol Pot or Saloth Sar,leader of Khmer Rouge,mass murders executor(ideological):
http://www.moreorless.au.com/killers/pot.html 
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2011 at 19:06
Originally posted by Cryptic

^
Who is this person?

One of the SS men employed as concentration camp guards
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2011 at 10:12

I am surprised by his age.  Maybe this photo was taken late war when the Germans got desperate or it may have been taken in the early 1930s when anybody with a sadistic streak could put on an improvised unform and abuse inmates at a concentration camp for a few weeks / months.  

As a side note, he may well not be a "typical member of the master race" meaning that he may not even be German.  Thousands of concentration camp guards were locally recruited Ukrainians, Belarussians, Latvians etc.  I do not have enough knowledge to tell by his uniform whether he is German or a local or when the photo might have been taken.  

Russians' brutality was largely a reaction to German atrocities, like the massacre of suspected communists, the rape of Russian women, and the extermination of captured Red Army soldiers in the death camps
The Soviets killed millions of their own citizens before the war even started.  Likewise, Mao's Great Leap Forward and the Cultural revolution were purely internal as well and not in response to atrocities perpetrated by others.

This foul creature is Oskar Dirlewanger, a rapist, murderer and pedophile. During the war he was put in charge of a special SS unit made up of convicted criminals with the intent of unleashing a wave of terror on the conquered Slavs, comparable to the Black and Tans in Ireland.
And ironically, there were many Slavs (Ukrainians) in his unit with an intense hatred of Poles.

Edited by Cryptic - 27-Nov-2011 at 10:49
unclefred View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended, Historum joker

Quote unclefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2011 at 17:00

As a side note, both the NKVD and the SS realized that most people were not not going to participate in the mass murder.  Both regimes used relatively small groups of men who had demonstrated that they were psychologicaly capable of commiting mass murder. 

These small units (SS Einsatzgruppen and special NKVD platoons) were then moved from site to site.   For example, the murders at Katyn may have only involved 100 or so actual shooters.  In other instances, a travelling NKVD execution platoon would arrive at a labor camp designated to be purged and then systematially execute several thousand people over the course of a week before moving to the next camp.      

That's a very good point that should moderate the discussion a bit. (Bad pun)
I wonder about the Japanese? Especially in China?
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2011 at 19:17

I am surprised by his age.  Maybe this photo was taken late war when the Germans got desperate or it may have been taken in the early 1930s when anybody with a sadistic streak could put on an improvised unform and abuse inmates at a concentration camp for a few weeks / months.  

As a side note, he may well not be a "typical member of the master race" meaning that he may not even be German.  Thousands of concentration camp guards were locally recruited Ukrainians, Belarussians, Latvians etc.  I do not have enough knowledge to tell by his uniform whether he is German or a local or when the photo might have been taken.  

Russians' brutality was largely a reaction to German atrocities, like the massacre of suspected communists, the rape of Russian women, and the extermination of captured Red Army soldiers in the death camps
The Soviets killed millions of their own citizens before the war even started.  Likewise, Mao's Great Leap Forward and the Cultural revolution were purely internal as well and not in response to atrocities perpetrated by others.

This foul creature is Oskar Dirlewanger, a rapist, murderer and pedophile. During the war he was put in charge of a special SS unit made up of convicted criminals with the intent of unleashing a wave of terror on the conquered Slavs, comparable to the Black and Tans in Ireland.
And ironically, there were many Slavs (Ukrainians) in his unit with an intense hatred of Poles.

I think he's a German or Austrian as he's wearing a WWI medal. However, i wouldn't be surprised if he was a Ukrainian as these collaborators did terrible things when the Nazis invaded Poland
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>