Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

External links and video help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chookie View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Chookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: External links and video help
    Posted: 20-Oct-2011 at 17:16
Why is it that, when I post a link, it sometimes appears as nothing more than an internet address?

Also, how to post a video? They show up as links but not vids.

For money you did what guns could not do.........
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2011 at 17:40
I had the same problem posting links when i first joined and have raised the issue several times with the admin. Until they've installed the upgrade we still have to post links the same way we did in Historum's early days: click the blue circle to the left of the smiley face, paste the link in [U.RL] and the text in between.

Example
[U.RL=http://www.allempires.com] AllEmpires, the world's oldest history forum[/U.RL]

To post videos, simply type [tube in block capitals], paste the video link, then add a second [tube, again in capitals] with a / in between the [ and the T

Example

Give it a try

Links aside, what do you think of our forum? I enjoy your Scottish history threads, which i can safely say have changed my initial Anglocentric perceptions of British history

Edited by Nick1986 - 10-Nov-2011 at 20:55
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Chookie View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Chookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2011 at 17:35
Thanks Nick, I've tried it and seems to work (for the moment - meaning until I forget).

The forum is fine but under-used though I suppose that's an effect of the split, even though that was a while ago.
For money you did what guns could not do.........
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2011 at 19:50
Cyrus has found a solution for internet explorer users, although this may not work for firefox. You must enable the WYSIWYG post editor:

Member Control Panel -> Forum Preferences -> Enable the WYSIWYG post editor -> Yes

Edited by Nick1986 - 25-Oct-2011 at 19:51
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2012 at 10:58
Posting images requires a photobucket of flickr account. You can add them as a link (as discussed above) or use the [IMG] code provided by the website (our forum uses BBcodes, not HTML)
 Post Reply Post Reply