Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Werewolves!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Werewolves!
    Posted: 09-Oct-2011 at 20:34

During the 18th century the French province of Gevaudan was terrorised by a mysterious beast. The royal huntsman shot dead a huge wolf whose stomach was discovered to be full of human remains. However, the attacks continued, making it likely the wolf scavenged the real beast's kills. Witnesses describe the beast as having reddish fur and a long tail. Was this a wolf-dog hybrid, or had another creature been released into the French countryside, like a lion or hyena?
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2011 at 09:23
There have been several docs. recently regarding the "Beast of Gevaudan".  The best evidence so far is for a Hyena.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2011 at 09:24
Werewolves are lower class of creatures cause they have not "pure" blood and ancestry!Their masters,vampires,use them as serfs&slaves!This is movie screenplay analysis of course!Hollywood standard
screenplay synopsis.LOL Underworld rules!
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2011 at 16:27
They are totally miss appreciated and not well understood. They deserve ya sympathy not your condemnation as they do no evil because of preconceived intent.
It's the moon's fault.

And as such, remember.. for 29 days a month they probably have you over for BBQ.

Let that be a lesson for all in tolerance.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2011 at 21:14
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2011 at 01:51
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2011 at 08:09
*Central Asian Legend; Dog head men- "itbarak"

The legend of Oghuz Khan" mentions about "itbarak". They believed, these creatures were living northwest of Turkish land. They were black and they had dog heads.

*another sources

http://www.monstrous.com/forum/index.php?topic=4578.0;wap2

Edited by Ollios - 11-Oct-2011 at 08:11
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2011 at 19:50
The hunter who killed the Beast of Gevaudan is believed to have trained it. He claimed to have waited, deep in prayer, then shot the beast with a silver bullet. The question is: why?
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2011 at 22:07
Originally posted by Nick1986

The hunter who killed the Beast of Gevaudan is believed to have trained it. He claimed to have waited, deep in prayer, then shot the beast with a silver bullet. The question is: why?

Perhaps he regretted the action he was about to take.it. in taking life. And took solace in prayer and dependence on forgiveness.

Perhaps he was afraid of the King's justice and the wrath of the people upon whom whose hoax he had perpetrated.

Perhaps he was praying for a steady hand and keen sight as he dispatched the beast and saved the day or gotten dinner (done that myself).

Perhaps he really believed he was working as an agent of the grace of the church and aiding in the assistance of a soul in torment.

It's all moot Nick ole son.

My advice to him had I been there......... was focus.....breathe in ....bring the body of the target into the sight picture, center mass (adjust for final windage and elevation instinctively) and let it obscure all else.... exhale slowly and squeeze the trigger.

For in the end... above all else... there's a time fer praying and a time fer shooting.Wink

S. T. Friedman

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2011 at 20:36
What i meant was: why would he unleash the beast upon his own people? He must have been some sort of psychopath seeking personal glory at the cost of others' lives
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2011 at 20:52
psychopath?

No context for that term at that time.

Cant even use looney tunes.

Madman? Perhaps, whose to say. Personal verification and or aggrandizement...same. He, according to the sources, was already a reputable and well renowned hunter. Consequently I fall back on the options I elucidated above.

S. T. Friedman

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2011 at 19:38

200 years earlier, a serial killer was active in the German province of Cologne. Peter Stumpp, a respectable farmer, killed and ate 18 people, including his own son. Under torture he claimed to have sold his soul to the Devil in return for the ability to transform into a wolf. In 1589 he was tortured to death on the wheel, beheaded and burned with his mistress and daughter
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2011 at 13:36
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2011 at 19:05
Where did the idea werewolves transformed at the full moon originate? It has almost pagan connotations
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2011 at 00:52
Identification problems or behind stands description of something else:(Why wolf is inside transformation!?!
http://schizophrenia.emedtv.com/schizophrenia/symptoms-of-schizophrenia.html
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2011 at 19:56
The autumn full moon is known as a "Hunter's Moon" due to its brightness. Perhaps the reason werewolves transformed at the full moon was because this was the best time to hunt?
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2011 at 13:50
But wolf was part of one other story tale also!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2012 at 08:25
Originally posted by medenaywe

But wolf was part of one other story tale also!

Little Red Riding Hood, perhaps?
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2012 at 10:30
Are we taking this seriously?

Werewolves exist in order to track down and kill vampires...of course...before they had a chance to marry the Witches of Salem. 

Next? Big smile
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Rocky View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2012 at 10:42
Originally posted by Mountain Man

Are we taking this seriously?

Werewolves exist in order to track down and kill vampires...of course...before they had a chance to marry the Witches of Salem. 

Next? Big smile

As a side note, has anyone else heard that in Europe, thousands of people were executed for being werewolves or witches? I heard that on a documentary years ago, but I cannot confirm how many people were executed.

My guess is that the usual culprit was a neighbor, because it seems that if you told on someone for the crime of witchcraft or lycanthropy, you would received their land.

Oh, here is the link I forgot to post.Embarrassed

http://historicmysteries.com/history-of-the-werewolf-legend

Edited by Rocky - 25-Nov-2012 at 10:54
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>