Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How patriotic are you?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: How patriotic are you?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [14.29%]
7 [10.00%]
8 [11.43%]
11 [15.71%]
13 [18.57%]
4 [5.71%]
3 [4.29%]
6 [8.57%]
7 [10.00%]
1 [1.43%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How patriotic are you?
    Posted: 21-Apr-2005 at 22:21
Tobodai,

I learned to love America by learning its history. I support the spirit of the American nation, who has always been progressing towards more liberties and equality to more and more of its inhabitants. There are plenty of setbacks, but the trend has been towards a purer fulfillment of the ideals of the founding fathers.

Today this trend appears to be reversing, but I hope that it is another hurdle on the road, just like the McArthy era was in the late 1940 and early 1950s.

JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2005 at 18:32

voted 2, but of course i'm very nationalistic, it's just that my country is not independend at the moment. 

I'm going to go with Temujin on this one, unfortunately unless nuclear war occurs in the US we aren't going to switch to city-states anytime soon.

Oh yeah, now y ou have the Pope to help you with the epborate plan of yours!

Well he is german....

(I meant that he fits in the scenario not that old Fritz is an inherent warmongering nation- anymore.)

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Herodotus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Herodotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 19:19

I do not owe any special, artificial allegiance to my nationn nor does anyone else. It is the choice of every citizen. For now, I support my nation in most respects, but there is no reason that I must agree with everything it does. On the contrary, it is my duty as an american to speak out against tryanny, and my duty (in my opinion) as a human being to disallow the negation of my freedom.

"Dieu est un comdien jouant une assistance trop effraye de rire."
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Francois Marie Arouet, Voltaire

Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2005 at 09:51
9 here.
Jai Badri Vishal
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2005 at 19:12

My selection... NO 6 - PATRIOTIC

I love my country.. love the integration among different ethnics.. The Cultures ...The food.... The people... The government (well till now..lol )

Proud to be Malaysian.... Keranamu...

Viva Malaysia...

Kynsi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Kynsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 14:06
Originally posted by Kuu-ukko

I voted 6, although I mean the culture, people and history of the area where a state is not, i.e. I don't like the state necesserally (woteva....)

Same here about 5.8 Meaning I dont agree with the government so much but support the finnish culture, nature and history much. For example if I see a collection for the veterans I will definetly donate if I have money on me.

I think most of us Finns are patriotic in this way.. respecting more the people than the state. And thats the way it shoud be

Edited by Kynsi
If you keep one eye on the past then you are blind in one eye, but if you
forget the past then you are blind in both eyes -old russian saying
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 14:09

I am very Patriotic.

I love my country so much.

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 14:22
For Albania where i was born i would probably give it a 3 . For America I would give it a 2 because Americans: dont really play soccer(the reason why im one point up for Albania), Bush, money mentality, religious fundamentalism, extreme individualism etc etc.
The other main reason why Im not patriotic is because nations are really nothing at all to me. Just groups of people who get deluded as little boys and girls into believing that they share a common heritage when its pretty clear that people have been mixing with each other for many millenia.

Edited by vulkan02
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
El Cid View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote El Cid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 19:09
I am very patriotic. I love my country and I love what I am. I love the envirorment, the culture, the language, everything. I don't love so much my government, but what to do? Just try to change their mind. And try. And keep trying.
The spanish are coming!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2005 at 13:23

I voted 7 for a few reasons:

1. I dislike croatian government- they are all a bunch of corruptied, weak and impotent old fools

2. I am a Croat and nobody can make me think differently

3. Croatia is not some great evil superforce that seeks to enslave and rule all others so I can  be patriotic without being a threat to anybody(well, perhaps to Slovenia but they had it coming)

ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2005 at 02:40
i vote 6 ,cause there's nothing like ICELAND in the world. Except Greece ,cause it has more interessting beaches than we have.
         &nbs p;    

demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2005 at 03:31

I chose 5 because I don't want to be patriotic in a government who fosters nationalism while they drink money.  Like the worthless pile of shiz they call government in S.K. right now...thye are just taxing the rich and giving nothing to the poor.  I mean, how ****ed up is that?

**** those ***********s!  Shoot them!

Grrr..
Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Infidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2005 at 06:01

Well, I like my country but I wouldn't say I'm a patriot. Other values stand above my country - my family, my friends, my freedmon and well-being, my religion, and so on.

An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?
Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2005 at 12:58
Originally posted by Stormblade

I voted 7 for a few reasons:

1. I dislike croatian government- they are all a bunch of corruptied, weak and impotent old fools

2. I am a Croat and nobody can make me think differently

3. Croatia is not some great evil superforce that seeks to enslave and rule all others so I can  be patriotic without being a threat to anybody(well, perhaps to Slovenia but they had it coming)

Well I vote 9, and I agree with on both 1 and 2 (for Romania of course). As for no.3 I think the next target of Romania's imperialist policy is New Zealand (or Antarctica, nobody seems to really want that place anyway

What's wrong in being a patriot as long as you make it up with everybody else?

Richard XIII View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 02:40
Originally posted by Cezar

Well I vote 9, and I agree with on both 1 and 2 (for Romania of course). As for no.3 I think the next target of Romania's imperialist policy is New Zealand (or Antarctica, nobody seems to really want that place anyway

What's wrong in being a patriot as long as you make it up with everybody else?

5. Next Romanian's target is both Antartica and Artica, we need some vital space
"I want to know God's thoughts...
...the rest are details."

Albert Einstein
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123