Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How patriotic are you?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: How patriotic are you?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [14.29%]
7 [10.00%]
8 [11.43%]
11 [15.71%]
13 [18.57%]
4 [5.71%]
3 [4.29%]
6 [8.57%]
7 [10.00%]
1 [1.43%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How patriotic are you?
    Posted: 17-Apr-2005 at 17:45
Having watched all this patriotic flame wars over the last few months with growing amusement and bewilderment, I thought we might want to find out, how patriotic AE members really are .
So, on a scale from 9 - 1 , how patriotic are you?
9 stands for: I support my country, regardless if its right or wrong what the government are doing. Even if they invade Liechtenstein!
1 stands for: I couldn't care less what country I live or was born in. Long live the Internationale!

I voted 2 btw: "Deutschland vor, noch ein Tor!"

Edited by Komnenos
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2005 at 17:46
Living between two countries, being patroitic to one seems pointless.
Arrrgh!!"
Exarchus View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Exarchus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2005 at 17:49
5. I love my country but I won't follow it blindly.
Vae victis!
Perseas View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Perseas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2005 at 18:02
I guess i am the kind of patriot who won't hesitate to object when my country goes off in a direction that i think is against the best interests of my country.  In fact i think i will work to put the country back on the path when it strays.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2005 at 18:59
If you add Rugby to the football, other than that my country ends at my front door.

Edited by Paul
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2005 at 19:02
8.  EXTREMLY PATRIOCTIC AMERICAN HERE!  Almost a nine but I siagree with some stuff.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2005 at 19:28
I voted 1. The simple fact that I'm born in the country I live in does not make it better or more important than any other country in the world.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2005 at 19:51
i chose 5, i'm quite loyal to my people and country, but to the government... it depends
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 00:20

football doesn't mean anything now Hockey there is a reason to be patriotic.  

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 00:45
Canada = hockey
Iran = Football
I hate Hockey and I love football... so i guess I'll go with the big ball
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
TheOrcRemix View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote TheOrcRemix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 00:57
im a 5
True peace is not the absence of tension, but the presence of justice.
Sir Francis Drake is the REAL Pirate of the Caribbean
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 01:25
anywhere between a 1 and a 6, depending what the goverment is doing and my mood.  If you had asked me when I was in 9th grade I probably would have said 7-8, right now definately more of a 1.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 03:26

I voted 5, but that is for my Armenianism. When it comes to my country of birth, America, i couldnt care less. Armenia would need my help much more than America would, plain and simple.

Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 07:56
Patriotic enough so not to be a fanatic.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 09:14
I voted myself a 9, because I don't confuse the current government with the country. I love deeply the principals under which the country was founded, although the balance of power seems to be breaking down today. I will see what happens.
Le Renard View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Le Renard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 09:16
I voted 6
"History repeats itself because nobody listened the first time."
white dragon View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote white dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 11:32
i say 4
Pray as if everything depended upon God and work as if everything depended upon man.
-Francis Cardinal Spellman
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 11:49
I chose 7, I love my country, it has its problems though, that obvious. I'm not exactly happy with the current adminstration, and most of all the Republican lead congress.
yan. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote yan. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 14:45

I voted 6. What about "I support my country, regardless what the government are doing. Especially if they invade Liechtenstein! "? Just think about how much money they could seize..

Actually, some local Austrians wanted to annex Liechtenstein to the Grossdeutsches Reich in autumn 1938 (or march 39?), but were called back by their superiors.

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 16:08
Originally posted by yan.

I voted 6. What about "I support my country, regardless what the government are doing. Especially if they invade Liechtenstein! "? Just think about how much money they could seize..

Luxemberg would be even more profitable... Than again both better again. Austria is pretty wealthy too.. and German.... and Poland's practically part of Germany! The french'll come round after a few years occupation and the Italian's can barely run the country themselves you'd be practically saving them. And Russians they just need liberating and Germans could even settle some of the Ukraine.... you never know it could last a 1000 years, that's the spirit!!

Edited by Paul
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>