Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BIGEST BATLLE IN THE WORLD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BIGEST BATLLE IN THE WORLD
    Posted: 17-Apr-2005 at 17:37
What is your opinion about the greatest batlle in the history
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Exarchus View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Exarchus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2005 at 17:41
What do you mean by greatest? In term of involved men? Importance? Or if it does matter for us?

In my opinion,  Battles of Tours, Chalons and Bouvines in good position. Mainly because they have a strong meaning for France.

In term of involved men, the Battle of Borodino is a good claimant to the title with something like 250.000 men involved.

Edited by Exarchus
Vae victis!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2005 at 20:05
crusades....christianity vs islam....for wat reason?...dont ask me...
Quetzalcoatl View Drop Down
General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2005 at 20:53

Verdun during WW1, it was the longest battle ever also, it was more a little war inside of bigger war rather than a battle strictly speaking. It has all the stats to be one of the greatest battle if not the greatest.

iskenderani View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote iskenderani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2005 at 23:54

I believe that the battle of Kursk , WWII is the greatest battle from all points of view...

Isk.

Riain View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Riain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 17:30
Operation Barbarossa was the biggest military campign ever, and took the most prisoners and most ground in the shortest time ever.
RED GUARD View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote RED GUARD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 18:33
     Stalingrad, both bloddiest and greatest.

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2620& ;PN=1&TPN=2
Quotes by your's turly:

"I came, I saw, and I conquered... but only for the weekend"

"This is my tank, this is my weapon, and this is my pride."

"Power comes from a barrel of a gun."

Subotei View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Subotei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2005 at 18:07
i think it was the battle of kiev in russia ww2,the biggest encircling move of all time with 1 million russians surrendering.
Get inside the enemys thoughts capitalise on their fears.
J.M.Finegold View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote J.M.Finegold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2005 at 18:16
Originally posted by Subotei

i think it was the battle of kiev in russia ww2,the biggest encircling move of all time with 1 million russians surrendering.

No, 600,000 Red Army personnel surrendered.

-------------------------

For greatest amounts of deaths in a single day easily Cannae - which would also be the greatest death toll in two hours of battle.

For greatest battle, as in the one with the gravest consequences, I would say the Battle of Kursk.  It would mark the end of Hitler's evil Empire, without chance of peace - a world with Hitler, even one confined to Germany, would have been a totally different world.

For longest battle, easily Verdun.

The the battle which marked a transition I would say Gustavus Adolphus' battles during the Thirty Years War - marked the transition from tactics resembling phalanxes and conhorts, to more flexible lines, modelling modern tactics.
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2005 at 20:02

Originally posted by Trojans

crusades....christianity vs islam....for wat reason?...dont ask me...

I disagree. A big factor for the crusades was that the Pope wanted more power.. he wanted to recapture the Holy Land, and since the Muslims were in his way, he declared war on them. Also, he wouldn't of mind if he got his hands on the Byzantine Empire as well, to bring them back to the light... of Catholisism..

http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Subotei View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Subotei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2005 at 06:02

Cannae romans lost around 70,000 people correct me if im wrong

in battle og chang ping in ancient china between qin and zhao .zhao lost 400,000 peoples.

Get inside the enemys thoughts capitalise on their fears.
J.M.Finegold View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote J.M.Finegold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2005 at 13:37
Originally posted by Subotei

Cannae romans lost around 70,000 people correct me if im wrong

in battle og chang ping in ancient china between qin and zhao .zhao lost 400,000 peoples.

The casualty count is between 73,000 to 80,000.  The Romans entered the field with slightly over 80,000 men.  They came out with around 600.  So, the casualty count is nearer to 80,000 men.
King Chulalongkorn View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote King Chulalongkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2005 at 13:42
I would have to say..the China-Burma Campaign Battles by Japan
Kha Wora Phutthachao Nop Phra Phumiban Bunya Direk
RED GUARD View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote RED GUARD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2005 at 08:26
     Definately wrong. The British and Americans had the least amount of equipment and soldiers then any other theater of operations.
Quotes by your's turly:

"I came, I saw, and I conquered... but only for the weekend"

"This is my tank, this is my weapon, and this is my pride."

"Power comes from a barrel of a gun."

Samurai
Samurai

Quote King Chulalongkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2005 at 12:19
The Japanese lost an immense amount of troops in that campaign and the fact that it ranged from indochina, to southern china to burma to assam regions of northeaster india gives it an epic proportion. Truly, defining Japanese expansionism and portraying British and American defending and maintaing the line in India.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2005 at 13:09

The distribution of Japanese forces during the war answers this.

At the end of 1943 Japan had 75 army and army air divisions, these were deployed,

Japan - 7

Korea - 2

China - 44

Pacific - 12

SE Asia - 10

Edited by Paul
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Samurai
Samurai

Quote King Chulalongkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2005 at 14:04
Thank you!
Arnil View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Arnil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2005 at 14:28

Most cassualties on the less time

the Somme

WW1

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2005 at 08:36
about people killed i think is the dardenel war took place in ww1.nearly 250000 turkish soldiers killed and at least 200000 anzac english greek french soldiers killed.victory of turks suprised all europe  because they used to ottomans as an ill man
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2005 at 02:50
The Ardennes Offense
 Post Reply Post Reply