Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTurkeys choise about Iraq 2 years ago

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: Would Turkey be in the center of the Abu-Gharib charges?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [50.00%]
6 [50.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkeys choise about Iraq 2 years ago
    Posted: 17-Apr-2005 at 15:37

When America wanted, The Turkish parliament refused bothto open the Iraqi borders for the American army and joiningof Turkey tothe coalision(!) with troops.

Do you think if Turkey joined America invading Iraq, would all thoseimmoralityagainst Iraqi civiliansknown fromTurks???

YAFES, please dont post pictures like this here!

Edited by Catt

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 01:18
I doubt it, as the US probably would insist on control over interrogations.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 04:47

Originally posted by Tobodai

I doubt it, as the US probably would insist on control over interrogations.

so that's what I doubt

Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 09:49

Yes, sure..... Turks are always guilty.

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 11:47
Well of course Alparslan, we're barbarians, don't you remember?
iskenderani View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2005 at 15:44
Originally posted by YAFES

When America wanted, The Turkish parliament refused both to open the Iraqi borders for the American army and joining of Turkey to the coalision(!) with troops. 
Do you think if Turkey joined America invading Iraq, would all those immorality against Iraqi civilians known from Turks???
YAFES, please dont post pictures like this here!

So , as u see Yafes , u write the topic and the answers that u get , are fron ur Turkish co-forumers , who , obviously share the same point of view like u. Result ? U praise urselves and u agree to each other..

So let me , show u another point ov view , that many other people share...

Up to now Turkey was USA's poodle , in everything...but also a very big black hole in economy which USA had from time to time throw millions or even billions of dollars . All u were asking was more and more , evaluating always ur needs , which of course was something very good for u but annoying to the Americans....Unfortunately , for u , now that the USA has become the only super power , sending troops everywhere , and organizing political coups in other countries , this had the result of growing economic expenses from USA's part...I do hope u understand this..

So , good old USA found the solution ... She would insist and put all her political influence , with the help of Great Britain , in ur side , so u would enter the EU and let EU take over the black hole of ur economy...

But to achieve this , u had to show a good face to the Europeans , who already were reacting against England. And USA , did find the way..

U played a nice game of politics....Entering Iraq with the Americans , would have meant that u enter from the North , which is Kurdish land ....Well , u can kill the Kurds , legitimately , in ur own country , but invading Iraq ( as u did in Cyprus ) with the obvious interests in the oils of Kirkuk and Mosul , killing more Kurds on the way , would have had created a very-very negative image of u ...So with the agreement of the USA , ur Parlaiamnt refused to back-up the Americans....Wonderful..

This affected almost nil the American plans ...u showed to Europe a good face , and the plan of USA to get rid of ur economical black hole worked like a charm...

So...USA is happy , u r happy , the Kurds of North Iraq r happy , and only Europe , have started itching....

Isk. 

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2005 at 16:59

I started the topic for everyone to attend.

And there's not a "last date" to attend. So non-Turkish forumers have the right to attend.

Praising??? Well, the topic starts with "Turkey's ch......." Naturally Turkish members would react the first. If I wrote "Greece.......", doubtlessly Phallanx, Strategos, Yiannis, you and the other Greeks would fill the pages at first.

And the topic doesn't require to make a political analysis (how true or wrong, not important).

By the way, Kurds never had a land.

Edited by YAFES
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2005 at 23:49

I started the topic for everyone to attend.

This is understandable....In a free forum u cannot exclude anyone.

And there's not a "last date" to attend. So non-Turkish forumers have the right to attend.

Praising??? Well, the topic starts with "Turkey's ch......." Naturally Turkish members would react the first. If I wrote "Greece.......", doubtlessly Phallanx, Strategos, Yiannis, you and the other Greeks would fill the pages at first.

Yes praising . Turkey "stood" bravely against the wishes of the superpower....but sorry.It was a bluff only.

And the topic doesn't require to make a political analysis (how true or wrong, not important).

Turkey's denial was a political decision. A political decision is by definition under critisism....So , sorry again , but the analysis was required.

By the way, Kurds never had a land.

So ?? Dont they have the right to have one if they so desire , in the geographical area , known as Kurdistan ??? Who appointed u supreme court of justice to deny them their FREE right ?? As u claim Anatolia as ur home land , although u had never built a single city , being nomads, so they claim Kurdistan as their ancestral land ...U have Anatolia in ur country , they want to have Kurdistan as a free State....What's ur problem ?? Afraid to lose another race of subjects ??

Isk.

Exarchus View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2005 at 06:28
Nope, because even if Turkey participated in. The USA would still be seen as the main actor and most important participant. Turkey couldn't take the place of the USA in this matter.
Vae victis!
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2005 at 06:29

Originally posted by iskenderani

So ?? Dont they have the right to have one if they so desire , in the geographical area , known as Kurdistan ??? Who appointed u supreme court of justice to deny them their FREE right ?? As u claim Anatolia as ur home land , although u had never built a single city , being nomads, so they claim Kurdistan as their ancestral land ...U have Anatolia in ur country , they want to have Kurdistan as a free State....What's ur problem ?? Afraid to lose another race of subjects ??

Kurds having their own lands, own state, own flag, is not more sensible than Penjabis do the same out of India. 

Free right??? Oh neighbour you don't know what you're talking about.

7 of the 10 presidents of Turkey so far are kurdish citizens.(ex, Atatrk, Sleyman Demirel and Ahmat Necdet Sezer.)

more than half of the bourocrats are kurdish,

many of the greatest holdings and companies are owned by kurds,

kurdish groups/houses/tribes still have their own authorities in elections and supply block votes for the politician who they deal.

greatest kurdish mass lives in Istanbul and Ankara(not SE Anatolia) and rejects to go to SE if you even kill them.

Ancestral land? you seem to be a fantasiteur , so lets bring Attila back and tell him put those europeans in the previous ordern in european lands, and Turks should go back to central asia. don't live in the dusty pages of the past. but yeah we should get lesson from the past and it's named "history".

her's the lesson: Kurds were never dominant in their ancestoral lands, iranians, arabs, armenians, byzantians, rome, macedonians, pontics and Turks, but never kurds. even if they couldn't create a state and independence, then who will give them thier independence while they love to be ruled???

AMERICA

because america can't rule here with Ankara, but kurds are easily provocated for the easy use of themselves. Turks don't give a thing without an equal proposal, but kurds are ready to serve in the name of a fake state.

Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2005 at 13:46

Kurds having their own lands, own state, own flag, is not more sensible than Penjabis do the same out of India. 

I wonder why..

Free right??? Oh neighbour you don't know what you're talking about.

Maybe , but this is what i want to know .....

7 of the 10 presidents of Turkey so far are kurdish citizens.(ex, Atatrk, Sleyman Demirel and Ahmat Necdet Sezer.)

Agreed ...So ?

more than half of the bourocrats are kurdish, many of the greatest holdings and companies are owned by kurds, kurdish groups/houses/tribes still have their own authorities in elections and supply block votes for the politician who they deal.

greatest kurdish mass lives in Istanbul and Ankara(not SE Anatolia) and rejects to go to SE if you even kill them.

So ? I believe what u say ...but so what ??If they dont want to go to Kurdistan , they will apply for Turlish citizenship , which u will have the right to give or to deny it to them..

Ancestral land? you seem to be a fantasiteur , so lets bring Attila back and tell him put those europeans in the previous ordern in european lands, and Turks should go back to central asia. don't live in the dusty pages of the past. but yeah we should get lesson from the past and it's named "history".her's the lesson: Kurds were never dominant in their ancestoral lands, iranians, arabs, armenians, byzantians, rome, macedonians, pontics and Turks, but never kurds. even if they couldn't create a state and independence, then who will give them thier independence while they love to be ruled???

Now . here i object strongly Yafes...NO MAN IS BORNED A SLAVE....ALL MEN R BORN FREE...So , what if they were never strong to have their own country ? Now it is their chance to have it ...And no one has the right to deny it to them

AMERICA

because america can't rule here with Ankara, but kurds are easily provocated for the easy use of themselves. Turks don't give a thing without an equal proposal, but kurds are ready to serve in the name of a fake state.

We all know that Turkey is good in bargaining. On the other hand , if the Kurds r offering their services to USA , in exchange for a free country of their own , and USA accepts it then u will have to accept it too..

But we will see...

Isk.

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 11:51

We have built Anatolia lots of cities, such as Nevshehir, Aksaray, Gumushane, Ighdir, Adapazari, Tekirdagh, etc. There are also lots of ancient Anatolian cities which were once built by Hittites (ex: Ankara, Cankiri, etc.), Urartu (Van, Hakkari), Bulgar tribes (Kars, etc.) that were ruined with the Roman invasion of Anatolia, and became small and poor villages that were paying very high taxes to Byzanthine princes. They got rid of paying those heavy taxes under Seljuk and Beylik rules, and they were totally rebuilt during the republic period (1923-1930). Today, lots of them became developed and big cities of Turkey, such as Ankara, the Hittite city that became a poor ruined village under Byzanthine rule, became the capitol of Turkey with a population of 1/3 number of citizens of Greece.

We are all fed up with some non-sense posts. I couldnt figure out why you needed to place the "being nomads" clause in a topic that has nothing to do with it, but if you think it is something we should be ashamed of, have a look at those nude men sculptures on ancient Greek temples before critiseizing Turkic tents and lifestyle in your posts. I think non of the cultures of civilizations deserve your critisizings, including ours.

And we arent afraid to lose any other race of subjects, indeed, we had enough from backstabber treason. Kurds arent a race of subjects, but a nation with a commmon history with us since 1000 years, and even before it. We cannot count them the same as the other once subjects, such as Armenians, Greeks, Arabs, Assyrians etc. And we dont need anyone to provoke them against the government. If there is a problem btw the Kurdish population and their rights against the government (and yes, there are some), we should solve it in our country, not with a new "....istan" country as a petrolium colony of U.S. in Middle East.

Originally posted by Yafes

I cant agree with you. Ataturk a Kurdish citizen? I've never heard of that, but this isnt true, since I know a lot about his life and origins.

And Turkish beurocrats are oftenly appointed from the higher levels of social community, and the Kurds are a very tiny minority in beucracy.

Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 14:14

Originally posted by Oguzoglu

We have built Anatolia lots of cities, such as Nevshehir, Aksaray, Gumushane, Ighdir, Adapazari, Tekirdagh, etc. There are also lots of ancient Anatolian cities which were once built by Hittites (ex: Ankara, Cankiri, etc.), Urartu (Van, Hakkari), Bulgar tribes (Kars, etc.) that were ruined with the Roman invasion of Anatolia, and became small and poor villages that were paying very high taxes to Byzanthine princes. They got rid of paying those heavy taxes under Seljuk and Beylik rules, and they were totally rebuilt during the republic period (1923-1930). Today, lots of them became developed and big cities of Turkey, such as Ankara, the Hittite city that became a poor ruined village under Byzanthine rule, became the capitol of Turkey with a population of 1/3 number of citizens of Greece.

Oguz...

From ur writtings it is clear that u dont know a bit about history and on the other hand u cannot decide what u were...

First of all the Hittites had nothing to do with u. They were an ancient race that built cities , while u were nomads of the steppes and the best u did was to built tent cities to last 2-3 months...having at last established urselves to the lands where Hittites had flourished some thousand years before u , does not make them ur ancestrals...Second ...villages DID not pay any taxes to any princes . This was ur system of ruling NOT the Byzantine. The Byzantines had the system of "akritas" ....owners of lands in the remote areas of the Empire , acting as soldiers too in need be.The Byzantines were NOT thast stupid to overtax the people upon which it was based their system of border defenses...So spare us the small childrens stories, we r not talking about money-thirsty ugly princes , but of a system of goverment.

When at last u have decided to establish urselves to a certain land , gradually and naturally u went from tents to brickwall homes...and as u expanded u found cities and villages ready to live in ....the only problem was the people living already there....but u solved it easily ... u just killed the majority and enslaved the rest.

We are all fed up with some non-sense posts. I couldnt figure out why you needed to place the "being nomads" clause in a topic that has nothing to do with it, but if you think it is something we should be ashamed of, have a look at those nude men sculptures on ancient Greek temples before critiseizing Turkic tents and lifestyle in your posts. I think non of the cultures of civilizations deserve your critisizings, including ours.

Who on earth said that u should be ashamed of ur past ????? Certainly NOT me...If u are , that is ur problem , not mine.

The "nomadic" past of urs was used just to emphasize one more time the difference of ur mentality with ours...and to show the difference of ur actions , compared to ours...It certainly did not mean to show which one is , or isnt better..It emphasised differences....

And we arent afraid to lose any other race of subjects, indeed, we had enough from backstabber treason. Kurds arent a race of subjects, but a nation with a commmon history with us since 1000 years, and even before it. We cannot count them the same as the other once subjects, such as Armenians, Greeks, Arabs, Assyrians etc. And we dont need anyone to provoke them against the government. If there is a problem btw the Kurdish population and their rights against the government (and yes, there are some), we should solve it in our country, not with a new "....istan" country as a petrolium colony of U.S. in Middle East.

It seems that not all of u think along the same lines.Nobody is provoking them .Ur own country send to jail an elected member of ur Parliament , the Kurdish Zanna , not some other people from another country.

And i am sorry , but i have to point out to u that if USA is of the need of another ...istan , like Kurdistan , to protect their interests in the area , and the oil of Mosul and Kirkuk , from falling into ur hands , be sure that they will create it ....

Originally posted by Yafes

I cant agree with you. Ataturk a Kurdish citizen? I've never heard of that, but this isnt true, since I know a lot about his life and origins.

And Turkish beurocrats are oftenly appointed from the higher levels of social community, and the Kurds are a very tiny minority in beucracy.

Isk.

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 15:07

Iskenderani,

If you have read my post, you would realize that I didnt claim anything about Hittites being Turkic or our ancestors. They were Indo-European people, so this is clear. But, if you knew a bit history, you would know that we have built lots of new cities in Anatolia, middle east and Balkans, and developed most of those ancient small villages into todays capitols.

And dont claim the Byzanthines didnt overtax the Anatolian population. The Byzanthine princes (tekfur) were violating all the laws and collecting enormous taxes, and slaughtering the locals. This is why some Turkmen"uchbegs" could capture these western Anatolian cities easily, and could rule them. Because the local population was fed up with Byzanthine taxes and they needed a more confortable rule. So they didnt rebel against the conquerers.

You should also know that Turks didnt became to live a settled lifestyle with the conquest of Anatolia, but much more before that, with the establish of Gokturk Kaghanate. This was the first semi nomadic state. And then with the Karakhanid State, Turks began to settle in some specific lands of western central asia.

Leyla Zana was sent to jail because she supported an internationally recognised terrorist group, PKK. As I said, there are some problems with the Kurdish citizens of Turkey and their national rights. So to solve this problem isnt possible with some supported terrorist leader who have complicated missions and who can use many young lives, Kurdish boys for his goal. This terrorist organization slaughters both Turkish soldiers and civilians, and Kurdish villagers who regrets to support them economically and in other ways. The problems should be solved politically with our governments, not with some provokers seperatist goals.

for your U.S. ideas: It isnt that easy to create a new country that will threat our borders and serve US in front of world media. Firstly, we have the Turkish breucratic and military power. Then, the international media, then the Shias, then Russia, then E.U. etc. The power balances arent that one sided, and even this game has rules, so there is no so called "king" in international power balances, but there are princes, cavalries and villagers.

Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 16:21

Iskenderani,

If you have read my post, you would realize that I didnt claim anything about Hittites being Turkic or our ancestors. They were Indo-European people, so this is clear. But, if you knew a bit history, you would know that we have built lots of new cities in Anatolia, middle east and Balkans, and developed most of those ancient small villages into todays capitols.

We can go on debating who knows History and who doesnt , for ever.So , lets be more specific....And lets take the area of the Balkans wich is closer.... Which r the major cities that u have built ??? From scratch that is .....Will u make a list of them ?

And correctly u cannot claim any relationship with the Hittites , but then why u mention them at all ? We r talking about ur dids not theirs.

And dont claim the Byzanthines didnt overtax the Anatolian population. The Byzanthine princes (tekfur) were violating all the laws and collecting enormous taxes, and slaughtering the locals. This is why some Turkmen"uchbegs" could capture these western Anatolian cities easily, and could rule them. Because the local population was fed up with Byzanthine taxes and they needed a more confortable rule. So they didnt rebel against the conquerers.

Sorry in this , but let me know better my OWN History , or the history of the Greek Empire of Byzantium. The reasons why these Anatolian cities were left to fight of their own , r completely different .It were the Slavs and Bulgarians pressing the empire in the Balkans , threatening Konstantinopolis , plus the inability of most emperors...U cant be serious implying that because of the taxes , the local population agreed to its slaughter and the state of reaya....Spare us the propaganda and talk about history.

You should also know that Turks didnt became to live a settled lifestyle with the conquest of Anatolia, but much more before that, with the establish of Gokturk Kaghanate. This was the first semi nomadic state. And then with the Karakhanid State, Turks began to settle in some specific lands of western central asia.

As u say they were semi-nomadic states , completely uniportant .This is why they were disolved , leaving maybe , some stones behind them , but nothing worth telling.

Leyla Zana was sent to jail because she supported an internationally recognised terrorist group, PKK. As I said, there are some problems with the Kurdish citizens of Turkey and their national rights. So to solve this problem isnt possible with some supported terrorist leader who have complicated missions and who can use many young lives, Kurdish boys for his goal. This terrorist organization slaughters both Turkish soldiers and civilians, and Kurdish villagers who regrets to support them economically and in other ways. The problems should be solved politically with our governments, not with some provokers seperatist goals.

This is UR explanation. Whatever her "crime" was , in civilised countries , legaly elected  members of the parliaments , r having legal immunity and they cannot be arrested under any pretence. Just as the news paper man who was arrested and convicted because he dared express differnet opinions about the Cyprus problem , calling to Cypriots to give to the world a message of democracy , by voting NO , as the Greek Cypriots did .

So , u r calling these people terrorist for ur own reasons obviously. Because by defining them , as such , u make ur work in denying their rights , easier.They didnt wake up one day and said :Lets kill Turks .... They were forced to act in such a way reacting to ur actions of denying them their rights..

for your U.S. ideas: It isnt that easy to create a new country that will threat our borders and serve US in front of world media. Firstly, we have the Turkish breucratic and military power. Then, the international media, then the Shias, then Russia, then E.U. etc. The power balances arent that one sided, and even this game has rules, so there is no so called "king" in international power balances, but there are princes, cavalries and villagers.

No , it is not easy to create a new country , but at the same time it is easy to make a start.And why u claim that it will be a threat to ur country ?? Will they be so strong in their army ?? How will they threaten u ?

In reality there is no threat at all. The threat is u who r occupying Kusrdish lands , where Kurds are the majority and who , naturally will demamd to be united with their brethren. And as a second reason , u will lose all dreams of controling the oils of Kirkuk and Mosul.

A Kurdish free state , will act as a buffer state between u and the rich oil fields of North Irak , letting USA an easy role to control them.This will meke u more dependent to USA and therefor more obedient...On the other hand Russia , is interested on u becoming weaker , so she has a free hand in the ex-soviet islamic "democrasies" of central Asia.

As u see , everything points in favor of the free state of Kurdistan.

Isk.

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 16:59

[QUOTE=Yafes]

NO NO NO I MEANT EXCEPT

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 17:03

Now . here i object strongly Yafes...NO MAN IS BORNED A SLAVE....ALL MEN R BORN FREE...So , what if they were never strong to have their own country ? Now it is their chance to have it ...And no one has the right to deny it to them

They're no slaves,

but if you understand freedom for the right to settle a free state everywhere; so let's start with a Turkish state covering all over north of Tsesalonika(Selanik we pronounce) and recognize TRNC. ( don't you wanna give everyone the right to settle a free state, so agree this.

Edited by YAFES
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 17:07

and never forget this Iskenderani;

If a people has the right to settle free, this means they have the power.

But if they don't deserve, the power of the rightfulliness doesn't exist.

And freedom is not given, it is taken. This is one of what you should have learnt in the other side of the water, 85 years ago.

Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 18:27

They're no slaves,

Agreed ...but this was NOT ur belief some years ago.

but if you understand freedom for the right to settle a free state everywhere; so let's start with a Turkish state covering all over north of Tsesalonika(Selanik we pronounce) and recognize TRNC. ( don't you wanna give everyone the right to settle a free state, so agree this.

A good joke....but only for u ....U see it is U who speaks about settlements...i didnt say anything like that ....So the Kurds have EVERY right to establish their FREE state in Kurdistan , not in London..or Frangfurt....keep this in mind , all of Kurdistan ... not a part of it..

So keep on dreeming about Thessaloniki , and keep on having more dreams about the occupied Cyprus....ur waking up will be a sudden one..

Isk.

Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 18:36

and never forget this Iskenderani;

If a people has the right to settle free, this means they have the power.

Noone ever said anything about settling....If this may hold true , get ready to have sliced eyes...They do have the population AND the power...

So , this is BS.....and it is only in story books. In reality there are laws.

But if they don't deserve, the power of the rightfulliness doesn't exist.

Same BS....noone has the right to decide who deserves what .This is why societies are governed by laws and they r not a bunch of people eating each others throats..

And freedom is not given, it is taken. This is one of what you should have learnt in the other side of the water, 85 years ago.

Yes...we in the Balkans we gave u a lesson of freedom , starting in 1821 and ending in the Balkan wars....So did the Arabs , so did all the races that felt ur divine right to rule...The last is the Kurds.... they will see to that , with the help of all civilised societies.

Isk.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>