Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The first horseman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Online Status: Offline
  Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The first horseman
    Posted: 16-Jan-2014 at 22:28
Originally posted by opuslola

Capice? Certainly the domestication of the horse had to start somewhere, and I speculate that it occurred within a society that considered horses mostly as food! Just what is wrong with that speculation? Certainly a lot more speculation has been displayed concerning such questions.
If you really are Italian, then you do "capice!"
Regards, Ron

Ron, what you are saying is pure speculation on your part. I don't know of any civilisation which considered horses purely as food, but I can't say positively that were none. What I can say is that the Mongols DID NOT consider their horses as a primary source of food. When times were really tough they would kill a horse to eat, but as a last resort. Before getting to that stage, they would draw blood from a horses vein, mix it with mares milk and drink it. NOTE I'm only referring to the Mongols. But if you have sources that show people who ate horse meat as a primary food, please post those sources.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12