Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Images of Turkic Peoples

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
AyKurt View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote AyKurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Images of Turkic Peoples
    Posted: 08-May-2005 at 13:13
As for the last girl, i got the picture from this site
http://www.toreigeland.com/2004/gallerypeople.html

It says shes a Yugur girl but obviously thats a mistake i assume he meant Uyghur, this is why i never wrote her ethnicity, but thank you for pointing out that shes not Yugur.  Oh and yes Yugurs are not muslims they are Buddhist with traditional animist beliefs.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 21:45
Originally posted by Kenaney

Originally posted by YAFES

There are historical assumings and proofs on a state called TURK-BIL of a "ten thousand year" level. Moreover, still China and Russia are hiding a lot of valuable documents and remains about Turkish history.

Some chinese resourses say that the Uyghurs had a big empire 17 000 years ago. ANd did you know some places in China where you CANT take ANY pictures or movies of the stuff thats there?? Most of those places are in Xing Yang (near mongolia and kazakhstan) like the mysterious wite Pyramids there.

That's very true, I went to East Turkistan(Xinjiang, China) this summer and there were many places where I wasnt't allowed to take pictures of any kind.  The Chinese government is hiding a lot of information about Turkish history, they even went as far as buidling a FAKE stone city to "prove" the Chinese were there a lot longer than the Uygurs.  It's very obvious it is fake, you can find pics of the area before the contruction with nothing there, and now suddenly an entire city just pops out of nowhere.  Turks were around 10-15thousand years ago, we just didn't have the name title "Turk".  This word was discovered to come about no earlier than the 6-7hundred A.D.  That doesn't mean the culture and language didn't exist.

perdon View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote perdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 05:55
Originally posted by AyKurt

Originally posted by perdon

Originally posted by AyKurt

Post here pictures of the Turkic peoples

i think you made some mistake here ! first the last pic of Yugur ,I am talking about that girl ,actually is a uyghur,because she is making a kind of hat (the red thing she is holding in her hand)called (DOPA) ,it is only used by O"zbek and uyghur and some Tajik ,not even by kyrghiz or kazahk  ,let alone those Yugur ,and she looks more like central asian(,one more reason ,only musulim women cover the face ,I think Yugur is not musilim .and what's hell wrong with you ?Can't you tell the difference between Uyghur and Yugur?they are too different!who took this pic?

and the first pic of Kyrkhis ,do you really think she looks like kykhus .take a look at what she wears !

Firstly take a deep breath and relax, when you calm down and behave a little civilised then take a look again at the post.  You will notice that i wrote the ethnicity of each photo underneath the picture.  the last pic i forgot to type the girls ethicity.  the Yugur girl i was refering to was the picture right above it and not the last one.  Obviously she is not Yugur.

As for the first kyrgyz girl, i got the photo from this website
http://www.dostuck.com.kg/old/
If you have a problem with it take to them.

I am not geting angary ,but just I just suggest you guys going to central asia to see those people ,that will be helpful to you guys.

if I make you upset ,I am sorry!

AyKurt View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote AyKurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 14:14
I should say sorry, maybe i took it the wrong way.
I would love to go to Central Asia and Siberia unfortunately for many people including myself thats not really an option right now, so the next best thing from actually being there is to see pictures of the many Turkic peoples with their own cultures which is why i started this thread
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2005 at 23:26

Also some thesises exist claiming Romans and anient Greeks are succesors of Turks. True or not, but doubtlessly, history of Turks are older than 10000 years. Not an unconcious people who didn't know their children would be called Turks, but concious on their name were TURK.

Romans and Greeks are successors of Turks...do you have a link to the thesis?

The Turkish identity did not exist 10,000 years ago. There were people in Central Asia obviously, but they were not known as 'Turks', the same way Urartians were not considered 'Armenian'. Do you know how many times the culture of Central Asia evolved until it became to look remotely Turkish?

And someone else said that Native Americans have Turkish blood in them... again, Asians crossed the Bering Strait, but they were not Turkish. They were actually a people from present-day Korea. And even this 'ancient korean' blood is only found in fractions of percentages. And they have nothing to do with Koreans.

Not every Asian or European ethnicity is related to Turks just because some of them mixed. Because then, by this logic, present-day Turks in Turkey are successors of Greeks and Armenians. Yes they mixed, but Turks are not successors of Armenians and Greeks, just as Romans, Greeks, Native Americans and other Asians are not successors of Turks. Blood doesnt mean anything, its culture, because EVERY ethnicity is mixed in one form or another.

There was no distinction of ethnicity 10,000 years ago, because thats when agriculture had just been created. Therefore, there was no such thing as a 'Turk', 'Greek', 'Roman', etc. Yes, these ancient peoples were our ancestors, but culture-wise, they have nothing to do with any of us.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 07:37

"Culture-wise they have nothing to do with us" of course they do, they were the people that laid the foundation for our culture.

Anywho, this topic is for Turkic images, which i would like to see more of.

Below is an image in Uruchi, Eastern Turkestan. These Turks are playing sheep-tusling.

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 12:09

Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

Also some thesises exist claiming Romans and anient Greeks are succesors of Turks. True or not, but doubtlessly, history of Turks are older than 10000 years. Not an unconcious people who didn't know their children would be called Turks, but concious on their name were TURK.

Romans and Greeks are successors of Turks...do you have a link to the thesis?

The Turkish identity did not exist 10,000 years ago. There were people in Central Asia obviously, but they were not known as 'Turks', the same way Urartians were not considered 'Armenian'. Do you know how many times the culture of Central Asia evolved until it became to look remotely Turkish?

And someone else said that Native Americans have Turkish blood in them... again, Asians crossed the Bering Strait, but they were not Turkish. They were actually a people from present-day Korea. And even this 'ancient korean' blood is only found in fractions of percentages. And they have nothing to do with Koreans.

Not every Asian or European ethnicity is related to Turks just because some of them mixed. Because then, by this logic, present-day Turks in Turkey are successors of Greeks and Armenians. Yes they mixed, but Turks are not successors of Armenians and Greeks, just as Romans, Greeks, Native Americans and other Asians are not successors of Turks. Blood doesnt mean anything, its culture, because EVERY ethnicity is mixed in one form or another.

There was no distinction of ethnicity 10,000 years ago, because thats when agriculture had just been created. Therefore, there was no such thing as a 'Turk', 'Greek', 'Roman', etc. Yes, these ancient peoples were our ancestors, but culture-wise, they have nothing to do with any of us.

They came from Southern and Northern Siberia, not Korea.  I've heard a lot of theories on their origins, but you're the first I've heard say Korea.  You don't like reading full posts, do you?  I didn't say their Turkish, I even said the word Turk wasn't even around yet to identify us.  What I said was that at that time, there was a common Turkish language and culture.  The Native Americans still share many similarities with Turkish culture, mainly Shamanic.  Even some within the language, but that is only a handfull.  DNA tests have been done and Native Americans match with those of Turks in Central Asia, mostly from Kazakistan and north of the country.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2005 at 05:33
In addition I didn't claim Romans and Greeks were successors of Turks. I just mentioned some hypothesisses on the issue to impress the depth of Turkish history.  And yeah it's older than 10000 years.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2005 at 06:42

I dont think the Greeks and Romans are the successors of Turks. And neither we are the successors of them.

And @ Armenian survival:

You are right about the common ancestry thing. And the ethnicities werent differed that much in the 10.000s B.C. But the Turkish/Turkic identity and even the names derived from the root "Tur" has been existing since ancient times.

Native Americans didnt immigrate from Korea, but from souther Siberia and Altay region.

And even if the Urartu civilization had lots of things in common with current Armenians, their language was certainly not Indo-European. So we cant consider them as proto-Armenians, but maybe the ancestors of Armenians mixed with them and adopted some of their culture.

Hardel View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Hardel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2005 at 16:21
crazy turk's stupid map.

ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2005 at 18:35
Originally posted by Feramez

I didn't say their Turkish, I even said the word Turk wasn't even around yet to identify us

I know, Feramez. My post was not directed toward what you said, it was just a general statement, because many people think they are directly related to these people .

Originally posted by Feramez

but you're the first I've heard say Korea.

I was told in college that they came from northeast Russia/Korea. It is hypothesized that they migrated because they did not have enough of a food supply in their current region, because people dont just get up and migrate so far for no reason. Central Asians would have had to travel thousands of miles east. The people from Korea still had to travel extremely far, but a lot less than it would if they were from Central Asia. Im not saying you're wrong, just sharing something that i heard in class, and the reasons behind it. Btw, i said Central Asia, what i meant was Western Mongolia (Altai).

Originally posted by Oguzoglu

And the ethnicities werent differed that much in the 10.000s B.C. But the Turkish/Turkic identity and even the names derived from the root "Tur" has been existing since ancient times.

They might have had the "Tur" identity since ancient times like you say. The only thing i am trying to say is that the definition of what it means to be a "Tur" has changed dramatically over 10,000 years. They didnt speak a language that is even remotely close to Turkish, and their culture was completely different, seeing as agriculture did not exist at that time (or was in its very early stages). If there is no agriculture, there is no social stratification (distinction of social classes), and societies were egalitarian (equal). Besides a general name "Tur", they dont have much in common with the people who inhabit the land today . Cultures evolve, and populations mix. Yes, they are your ancestors, but all im saying is that they have mixed countless times and their culture has changed and evolved in ways that cannot be documented. There is nothing wrong about saying that these people are your ancestors, but to say they are Turkish is completely different.

Originally posted by Oguzoglu

And even if the Urartu civilization had lots of things in common with current Armenians, their language was certainly not Indo-European. So we cant consider them as proto-Armenians, but maybe the ancestors of Armenians mixed with them and adopted some of their culture.

Yes, you are right, seeing as Urartu is not the only ancestry Armenians claim. We trace back our ancestry to the indiginous tribes of Hayasa-Azzi (we call our country HAYastan, and ourselves Hay, pronounced "high"), Nairi (common Armenian woman's name), Arme-Shupria (Armen tribe, hence 'Armenia'), and Uruatri (Urartu). Im sure there are more, but these are the main ones.

When you mentioned "Tur", i am assuming that is why the land east of the Caspian is called Turan. And obviously Turkistan, etc.

I was wondering, do Turks of Turkey still consider Central Asia to be their homeland? What im trying to say is, are people actively interested in travelling there as some type of pilgrimage to find their "roots", or do most people just show allegiance to the nation of Turkey? I am curious as to how this idea of ancestry is displayed in your culture.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
perdon View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote perdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 00:14

Edited by Catt
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 05:02

Originally posted by Hardel

crazy turk's stupid map.

Who do you think you are?

Do you think if TseTung and Stalin didn't support your realm of dune, could your hands write it anyway???

Just stop spamming (so writing...) and pray the god for that communists found your primitive people profitable for the ideology and for that I'm not there.

Edited by YAFES
Hardel View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Hardel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 11:06
 When did you arrive to chukotka,malay,scandinavia, and britain. Don't lie.
Our opinion is free and different than nationalist  violate idea. Who believe your wrong map.
Do you think Mongols are primitiv ethnic. Are you sure?
Our society is better than your dictatorial  kingdoms of Uzbekstan, Azerbaijan, Turkmen,Kazahstan.

Edited by Hardel
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 17:15

Besides the needlessness of discussion about your society, it seems you didn't read what the hell was written all over this topic and just looked at the last threads to decharge your uncivilizated attitudes.

Edited by YAFES
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 17:18

And I don't have to lie to you, especially someone whose job is to spam.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 17:20

Look, everyone here responds threads with reasonable paragraphs, not with insultings. Learn to speak first ok, then come here and discuss.

Edited by YAFES
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2005 at 12:21
Hardel, your really trying your best to fit into the barbarion sterotype of Mongols arnt you?
Hardel View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Hardel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2005 at 10:03
Could you tell me who created that map?
I can allow Tuva, Turkey, Uzbek and every turkish nation are oneethnic. But that map is too extravacancy.
How prove turks started 10000 years ago? How prove early people of Malay, America, eastern and north  Africa, China, Britain and Scandinavia were Turks?

Edited by Hardel
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2005 at 12:43

Originally posted by Hardel

Could you tell me who created that map?
I can allow Tuva, Turkey, Uzbek and every turkish nation are oneethnic. But that map is too extravacancy.
How prove turks started 10000 years ago? How prove early people of Malay, America, eastern and north  Africa, China, Britain and Scandinavia were Turks?

Good, you've learnt to speak at last.

1) That and that kind of maps are created by "Turkish Association of History", Turkish academic departments of history and western sources they take as reference.

2) Noone here claimed that England was Turkish, nor the map claims. What that map tells you is where and how turcic tribes immigrated throughout the old world. And of course some remained and some perished.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>