Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Images of Turkic Peoples

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Images of Turkic Peoples
    Posted: 05-May-2005 at 20:40
yeah, that's the map i love the most

Edited by YAFES
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 20:46

Out of interest which ancient Turks went to Iberia, Britain and Denmark etc?

Originally posted by Feramez

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 12:13
the ones who went there mixed and perished, not to remain significant in history
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 12:42

Well, how do they know they went there, what tribe was it? Surely they know that much.  Otherwise Greeks can say they sent a man on the moon, but he perished and no trace remains.

I can tell you about Alan Iranians in Spain and France; King Sanganeh was the first to defeat the Huns in Europe (France).

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 10:47

Yeah, I said they didn't remain, but who really remained are "Native Americans". Their genetic structure fits Central Asian Turkic Peoples.

Edited by YAFES
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 12:44
how did they het there?
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 12:54
They crossed the Beiring Strait about 10-15thousand years ago.  This was proven through archeological finds, cultural and linguistic similarities and recently, genetic testing.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 22:23
yes that is true that us native americans have great similarities to central asian peoples, and it comes from Bering straight migration.  But to say they are Turkic is kind of a stretch, the migration to the Americas took place before there was such a thing as a descernable Turkish ethnicity.  So while native Americans are from the same origins as Turks it doesnt mean they are Turks.  Its like saying all people in the world are Eastern African because they came from there.  For all we know the ethnicity that gave rise to Native Americans may have dissapeared in the old world and only survived in the new.  We really need some prrof either way before we start making claims with certainty.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
perdon View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote perdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 00:47

Originally posted by AyKurt

Post here pictures of the Turkic peoples

i think you made some mistake here ! first the last pic of Yugur ,I am talking about that girl ,actually is a uyghur,because she is making a kind of hat (the red thing she is holding in her hand)called (DOPA) ,it is only used by O"zbek and uyghur and some Tajik ,not even by kyrghiz or kazahk  ,let alone those Yugur ,and she looks more like central asian(,one more reason ,only musulim women cover the face ,I think Yugur is not musilim .and what's hell wrong with you ?Can't you tell the difference between Uyghur and Yugur?they are too different!who took this pic?

and the first pic of Kyrkhis ,do you really think she looks like kykhus .take a look at what she wears !

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 01:26

Originally posted by Tobodai

yes that is true that us native americans have great similarities to central asian peoples, and it comes from Bering straight migration.  But to say they are Turkic is kind of a stretch, the migration to the Americas took place before there was such a thing as a descernable Turkish ethnicity.  So while native Americans are from the same origins as Turks it doesnt mean they are Turks.  Its like saying all people in the world are Eastern African because they came from there.  For all we know the ethnicity that gave rise to Native Americans may have dissapeared in the old world and only survived in the new.  We really need some prrof either way before we start making claims with certainty.

Noone said they are Turks, I've gone through this same probelm with others.  When this subject comes up, people assume we say Native Americans are Turks.  They were Turks, after thousands of years evolving isolated from Turks, they gained their own identity, but their roots in most ways are Turkish.  At the time they migrated there was a Turkish culture, the word Turk might not have been around, but for all we know there might have been another word to catorgorize us.  The title doesn't matter, all that we're stating is that we share the same history at one point and the same culture.  Even today, nomadic Turks and Native Americans share many similarities between one another.

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 04:55
True, but Im not sure if there were Turks 10-15,000 years ago, thats before even Sumerians existed.  There were steppe people, but rather than being Turks they were liekly something that became both Turks and Native Americans.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 06:39
There are historical assumings and proofs on a state called TURK-BIL of a "ten thousand year" level. Moreover, still China and Russia are hiding a lot of valuable documents and remains about Turkish history.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 06:44
Also some thesises exist claiming Romans and anient Greeks are succesors of Turks. True or not, but doubtlessly, history of Turks are older than 10000 years. Not an unconcious people who didn't know their children would be called Turks, but concious on their name were TURK.
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 08:24

There are historical assumings and proofs on a state called TURK-BIL of a "ten thousand year" level. ... Also some thesises exist claiming Romans and anient Greeks are succesors of Turks. True or not, but doubtlessly, history of Turks are older than 10000 years.

Hey don't forget the dinosaurs. They were Turks too...

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 09:30
Funny, Beylerbeyi, but somehow I take you for the French ghetto who delivered the lie that Mary Antionette said "..so let them eat cake, haha!!!"
Ionian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ionian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 09:35
this map is a little exaggerate! no?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 09:41

It's not exeggerete. What makes you think so is the endo-morphine rush in your veins.

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 10:17
Originally posted by Beylerbeyi

There are historical assumings and proofs on a state called TURK-BIL of a "ten thousand year" level. ... Also some thesises exist claiming Romans and anient Greeks are succesors of Turks. True or not, but doubtlessly, history of Turks are older than 10000 years.

Hey don't forget the dinosaurs. They were Turks too...

you certainly are

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 12:17

Originally posted by YAFES

There are historical assumings and proofs on a state called TURK-BIL of a "ten thousand year" level. Moreover, still China and Russia are hiding a lot of valuable documents and remains about Turkish history.

Some chinese resourses say that the Uyghurs had a big empire 17 000 years ago. ANd did you know some places in China where you CANT take ANY pictures or movies of the stuff thats there?? Most of those places are in Xing Yang (near mongolia and kazakhstan) like the mysterious wite Pyramids there.

OUT OF LIMIT
AyKurt View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote AyKurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 13:06
Originally posted by perdon

Originally posted by AyKurt

Post here pictures of the Turkic peoples

i think you made some mistake here ! first the last pic of Yugur ,I am talking about that girl ,actually is a uyghur,because she is making a kind of hat (the red thing she is holding in her hand)called (DOPA) ,it is only used by O"zbek and uyghur and some Tajik ,not even by kyrghiz or kazahk  ,let alone those Yugur ,and she looks more like central asian(,one more reason ,only musulim women cover the face ,I think Yugur is not musilim .and what's hell wrong with you ?Can't you tell the difference between Uyghur and Yugur?they are too different!who took this pic?

and the first pic of Kyrkhis ,do you really think she looks like kykhus .take a look at what she wears !

Firstly take a deep breath and relax, when you calm down and behave a little civilised then take a look again at the post.  You will notice that i wrote the ethnicity of each photo underneath the picture.  the last pic i forgot to type the girls ethicity.  the Yugur girl i was refering to was the picture right above it and not the last one.  Obviously she is not Yugur.

As for the first kyrgyz girl, i got the photo from this website
http://www.dostuck.com.kg/old/
If you have a problem with it take to them.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>