Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

History of Genocide

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Argentum Draconis View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Argentum Draconis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: History of Genocide
    Posted: 24-Apr-2005 at 14:44

Elephants cant jump

Edited by Argentum Draconis
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Argentum Draconis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2005 at 15:38

I conquer

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2005 at 10:29

Aren't all these examples of attempted genocide?

The only example of actual genocide I'm aware of[1] was the extermination of the original Slavic Prussians by the invading Teutons who took over both the country and the name.

[1] I doubt the elimination of the Neanderthals was deliberate

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2005 at 10:35
Originally posted by gcle2003

The only example of actual genocide I'm aware of[1] was the extermination of the original Slavic Prussians by the invading Teutons who took over both the country and the name.

In the thirteenth century I should have added.

AssyrianMan7 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote AssyrianMan7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2005 at 13:44
Originally posted by Argentum Draconis

Between 1914 and 1923 the homelands of Assyrians were in the control of Ottoman Empire for a short time after that they were in the control of British and French. During ottoman Empire's control their southern armies were fighting in Hedjaz-Yemen then they retreated back to Syria and finally they ceased the control of those lands to British and French and during this war period there was a battle going on continously. If there was a massacre it is obvios that Ottoman Empire wasn't responsible for that. There are not any evidences of this so called Assyrian genocide either plus none of them claims something like this. They are happy, plus there are Assyrians currently living in Turkey.

Who are you to say thier was no Assyrian Genocide, who are you to say the Assyrians are happy. I am an Assyrian, I know. Thier is evidence of this so called Assyrian Genocide and we all claim this.  We are not happy with turkey, 90 years ago thier were more then 2 million assyrians living in south east turkey. Today thier is only no more then 1,000. 90 years ago my family was living in turkey.  Assyrians were massacred because of thier faith.  We are christian.  The Turks tried to wipe out all eastern christians in turkey. They wanted turkeys population to be purely islamic. Why would someone lie about a genocide. Greeks aren't lying turks did kill them, Assyrians aren't lying turks did kill them, Armenians aren't lying the turks did kill them. Why would we lye, we have nothing to benefit from this. All we are all asking for is for turkey to realize what they did. We want want the world to know that turks tried to wipe out Eastern Christians.

Edited by AssyrianMan7
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2005 at 21:17
Originally posted by AssyrianMan7

Who are you to say thier was no Assyrian Genocide, who are you to say the Assyrians are happy. I am an Assyrian, I know. Thier is evidence of this so called Assyrian Genocide and we all claim this.  We are not happy with turkey, 90 years ago thier were more then 2 million assyrians living in south east turkey. Today thier is only no more then 1,000. 90 years ago my family was living in turkey.  Assyrians were massacred because of thier faith.  We are christian.  The Turks tried to wipe out all eastern christians in turkey. They wanted turkeys population to be purely islamic. Why would someone lie about a genocide. Greeks aren't lying turks did kill them, Assyrians aren't lying turks did kill them, Armenians aren't lying the turks did kill them. Why would we lye, we have nothing to benefit from this. All we are all asking for is for turkey to realize what they did. We want want the world to know that turks tried to wipe out Eastern Christians.

You are simply and easily lying....... This is very shameful for you.

The biggest proof of your lies is the number that you had given as Assyrian population number. Do you seriously claim that there were 2.000.000 Assyrian population in the Ottoman Empire? Do you think people so idiot to believe in such things? At least try to be more realistic. 

The biggest lie is in fact your identity. You call yourself as Suryoyo not Assyrians. You do not have anything with real Assyrians of 3000 years ego except a shared Semitic language but surely different one of ancient people Assyrians.

You can sell your lies to ignorant Europeans and American but not Turks.

Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2005 at 23:17

Here's a well-prepared new site about the Armenian Genocide. If focuses more on eye-witness accounts.

http://www.twentyvoices.com/

Saki View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Saki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2005 at 06:36

The issue of Genocide will not leave Turkey now.

A fundamental issue of how Turkey regards Human life is the foremost issue concerning whether Turkey is capable of being assimilated into the EU.

All nations have committed atrocities, but how they go about acknowledging and making amends for these historical wrongs is an important indicator of their Cultural sophistication.

The issue of acknowledgment and serious attempts at reconciliation after of critical importance, not just for the Nation concerned but humanity as a whole.

Turkey in 1914 is a pivotal point on the road to mass killing. Indeed German Army Officers who served in Turkey and witnessed the slaughters in the 1900's brought back to Germany many experiences and ideas that would reemerge in Nazi Germany in the 40's.

No action like Mass Murder can exist in isolation as a discrete event. Its influence can spread across decades , ideology and nations.

Therefore it is of critical importance for everybody to acknowledge the skeletons in their closets/ or land as the case maybe and to learn the lessons.

Denial gains nothing.

That the Turks are intensely loathed across Europe and Asia by those peoples who have been subjugated by them speaks volumes for what is now denied and swept under the carpet.

These voices will not go away. It is time for Turks really to set their house in order. Denials are a recipe for a repeat of the kind of mistakes that should have been laid to rest in the history books.

It is time to ask yourselves how and why should a country like Britain or France be regarded with a considerable degree of affection by their former 'subjects' , when today in contrast you are plagued by reminders of the past you refuse to acknowledge.

Knowledge is power, and power is the knowledge of when not to use it.
iskenderani View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote iskenderani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2005 at 08:05
Originally posted by Saki

That the Turks are intensely loathed across Europe and Asia by those peoples who have been subjugated by them speaks volumes for what is now denied and swept under the carpet.

It is time to ask yourselves how and why should a country like Britain or France be regarded with a considerable degree of affection by their former 'subjects' , when today in contrast you are plagued by reminders of the past you refuse to acknowledge.

I am impatient to see the answers u will get..

Isk.

Samurai
Samurai

Quote Argentum Draconis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2005 at 09:46

Liu Kang rocks

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2005 at 14:27

Denial does not heelp us you are right.But is our denial justified.You are giving the archives of a man as a proof for the murder of 1,5 million armenians while his documents say that there was like 1 400 000-1600000 armenians living there(can't remember the specific number).So you are saying that we killed so many armenians that only 100 000 even a hundred maybe,then we dug them all up,scattered the graves and dressed them as muslims,didn't get satisfied,killed a hell of people,then denied everything.

Strill not satisfied we brainwashed all the people here while the armeninas go so horny that they repopulated all those people,then asked what was there righteusly.(after all the killing)

But no!not enough for us,we dogs are still dening,we even invented a sware word,"armenian".(few people use it)

As hungry wolves,rapers,mass murderers and barbarians,we still seek armenian blood...........

Edited by aknc
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2005 at 14:29
Originally posted by iskenderani

I am impatient to see the answers u will get..

Isk.

i live to serve.Satisfied?

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

TJK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2005 at 14:37

Prussian (as well as Lithuanians and Latvians) were Baltic tribe - not Slavic.

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2005 at 14:39
Originally posted by AssyrianMan7

Originally posted by Argentum Draconis

Between 1914 and 1923 the homelands of Assyrians were in the control of Ottoman Empire for a short time after that they were in the control of British and French. During ottoman Empire's control their southern armies were fighting in Hedjaz-Yemen then they retreated back to Syria and finally they ceased the control of those lands to British and French and during this war period there was a battle going on continously. If there was a massacre it is obvios that Ottoman Empire wasn't responsible for that. There are not any evidences of this so called Assyrian genocide either plus none of them claims something like this. They are happy, plus there are Assyrians currently living in Turkey.

do not belive you are a liar.People were killed yes,but not 1 900 000 and not to make turkey islamic.I posted a very nice poem to explin it(my signature)We killed each other.

I am the person that says that assyrians were killed,but not at a genocide level.

Who are you to say thier was no Assyrian Genocide

I am the person that had a relative who's c orpse was raped by an entire greek patrol,i am the person that is the friend of someone who's baby armenians cooked and fed,i am the person who's grandfather went mad because of the very subject.enough?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2005 at 15:23
Originally posted by aknc

I am the person that had a relative who's c orpse was raped by an entire greek patrol,i am the person that is the friend of someone who's baby armenians cooked and fed,i am the person who's grandfather went mad because of the very subject.enough?

Akinci, believe me there are thousands of people in the same situation with you all over Turkey, especially in Eastern Anatolia and Aegean region. So there are lots of people who share similar pasts with your family, both Turks, Armenians and Kurds.

I am also a person whose grandfather's father and uncle died as martyrs during the Turkish war of Independence with some hunting rifles, but after cleaning our lands from tens of worthless, heavily armed invaders. They were just young Turkmens who were collected from a yoruk village in Aksaray, and who had no knowledge of any war before. And they werent the only young men who owned and shared this common fate.

Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2005 at 10:09

OK. No problem.

We will also ask the genocide that they did to Turks. We will not leave it too. And this issue will continue forever. 

A fundamental issue of how Turkey regards Human life is the foremost issue concerning whether Turkey is capable of being assimilated into the EU. 

So you have to start the job from how Armenians, Greeks, and their imperialist masters regards human life.

You wrote an interesting sentence such as "assimilating into the EU". Are Britons, Greeks, Swedes assimilated into EU? Do you know what assimilation is?

All nations have committed atrocities, but how they go about acknowledging and making amends for these historical wrongs is an important indicator of their Cultural sophistication. 

We will not learn our history from you. What do you know about Turkey? What do you know about Turkish history? Which books did you read on Turkish history? Is it free for an Armenian to kill Turks according to you?

How do you justify a group of people whose population is almost %20 of the region and claim right on this region to establish Greater Armenia? I have posted previously the soft Armenian Hunchak Party's program which has been established at 1887. You can read their aims from the link below which is their own link.  

Here you are some parts of their party program.

http://www.hunchak.org.au/aboutus/historical_program1887.htm l

"The Hunchakian program advocated revolution as the only means of reaching the immediate objective. The arena of revolutionary activity was designed as Turkish Armenia. The Party believed that the existing social organisation in Turkish Armenia could be changed by violence against the Turkish government and described the following methods. Propaganda, Agitation, Terror, "

"Agitation and Terror were needed to "elevate the spirit of the people"

"IV. The most opportune time to institute the general rebellion for carrying out the immediate objective was when Turkey was engaged in war."

I must say that Turks are not angels. We were fighting against British, Australia / New Zealand and French in Gallipoli; against British in Iraq and against Russians in eastern front and Armenians are organzing attacks to undefended villages, towns, supply routes, they are participating to Russian army....etc to establish Greater Armenia and free "Turkish Armenia" on wich they were not even forming more than %20 of the population. Sorry but we are not idiot to tolerate this. It is done what it should be done and the case is closed.

The issue of acknowledgment and serious attempts at reconciliation after of critical importance, not just for the Nation concerned but humanity as a whole. 

I think like this. If Armenains apologie from what they did in Anatolia Turks will apologie too. This is reconciliation. If you are talking about humans you have to know that there are two parts of the story and Turks are humans too.

Turkey in 1914 is a pivotal point on the road to mass killing. Indeed German Army Officers who served in Turkey and witnessed the slaughters in the 1900's brought back to Germany many experiences and ideas that would reemerge in Nazi Germany in the 40's.  

Do not be silly and be rational. You cannot blame Turkey because of the crimes of Nazi Germany. You are in a position of a Nazi by blaming Turks like this. First criticise yourself. 

Denial gains nothing.  

It is you who are denying that there was not an Armenian genocide. And yes denial gains nothing.

These voices will not go away. It is time for Turks really to set their house in order.

Our voices will not go away too. We do not need to learn from you if Turks need to set their house in order. You are not the one that you can tell us something like this. Look at your own bussiness.

But if you realy want to warn the ones who should set their houses in order say it to Armenians. %20 of Azerbaycan territories have been invaded by Armenians.  

You can educate yourself from these links.

http://karabakh-doc.azerall.info/ru/eng_documents.htm

You remember abusing, murdering of people by Britain and French who are colonised by force as almost good thing. "Glory days of colonial times", " we brought civiliztion" .......

Do you know how Karl Marx had got his ideology of Marxism? After seeing the working conditions in Britain. The poor people were forced to work in exchange to feed themselves to stay alive. The massacres and forced labor were very common in colonial Britain and French. Europeans have butchered people of a whole continent, America. You have massacred millions in Africa. French is still involving in massacres in Rwanda. Remember Opium wars, British crimes in India, French crimes in Algeria, genocide in Congo by Belgium......etc.

USA was attacking Vietnam in the name of "free world" after French attacked Vietnam and kicked out from there. While USA was acting in Vietnam in the name of free wold killing 3 millions Vietnamese, in USA black skinned people could not go to universities because of their skin colors. But great majority of the world were believing that USA was representing the free world. Such freedom!!!!!

Your concept of affection in former British and French colonies must be similar to this freedom if it really exists such thing.

In Ottoman Empire there were Armenian ministers. In 1914 the foreign minister was an Armenian if I am not mistaken. They were free of doing every activities that they want from trade to education. You cannot compare Turkish rule and colonial rule of imperialists. The difference is huge.   

Edited by Alparslan
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 18:30
Originally posted by Komnenos

Rwandan Hutus (1994 1 Million Tutsi)
not 1 million Tutsis, 1 million Tutsis and Hutus, the RGF didn't just kill Tutsis, they also killed hell of a lot of moderate Hutus.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 06:14

THIS IS DIRECTED AT ALL SIDES OF ANY GENOCIDE DEBATE:

I really have to say the reasons many people still have such issues with this topic is because of this "my relative was killed by so and so" Look, as far as Im concerned if it happened before you were born it never directl affected you.  Long term cycles of revenge lead to what we see now in Palestine and Israel.  Does anyone that cares for their nation want to keep such infantile arguments going?  Judge a situation based on how it directly affects you, not some relative you never met whose only influence on you is for you to wave around for geneology to claim the moral high ground.

If I was to be mad at countries or peoples who killed relatives of mine I would be mad at alot of people right now!  But I dont, and to blame a whole country or people for such things is also preposterous.  Say a close relative of mine is murdered in New York, should I hate all New Yorkers?  Should I say New York as a whole must be accountabel for its crimes? No thats silly, the same goes for ethnic groups.  Every single immediate relative of my grandmother suffered a horrific death via incendiary bombing, but I didnt know any of them personally so why should I be mad, even if I did know them personally, why after all this time should I stay made at people who pulled a lever on a plane that helped bring a war to its end sooner?

You all probably wont agree with me, but think upon it, realize there is common ground, and there is room for compromise, and also realize you are neither the victim nor perpetrator of genocide unles syou yourself were there.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 08:01
They asked who we were so...

Gazi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Gazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 15:23
Im from the inner Agean many of my relatives were murdered by Greeks.But I dont hate Greeks.I even feel a sympathy for them.(I dont like facistsof any nation though.)
Freedom is the recognition of necessity.-Friedrich Engels
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>