Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

London riots

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: London riots
    Posted: 09-Aug-2011 at 16:20
Hey Nick, we all know how does it look in TV and news.

But how does it look like in your eyes?
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2011 at 18:04
Fortunately nothing's happened near me but in London it's anarchy. It could have been a lot worse if it happened after Cameron's proposed police cuts
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2011 at 19:08
Do you know any people who take part in it?
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2011 at 19:46
i am near tottenham where the riot began first. it is weird to see broken shops' windows and closed streets where are well known for you. but that day, i wasn't in tottenham
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2011 at 20:34
It reminds me about great riots in history like in ancient Rome, Alexandria or Constantinopol. In London lives 12 millions people, who will restore the order if only the 10% or 5% of them will riot....

Edited by Mosquito - 09-Aug-2011 at 20:35
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2011 at 20:50
It seems that the police are incapable of keeping order. What's needed is a people's militia: locals with big sticks and authorisation to protect their property and detain troublemakers until the cops arrive
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2011 at 22:08
I think London riots is an innaccurate desciption. The BBC now is calling them the UK Riots.

They started with a riot in Tottenham in North London and this turned into a 2nd and third night in London as many other places joined in all over the city, however the fourth night only seems to have had minor incidents. Meanwhile the riots spread accross the country and a dozen other cities have had 2-3 days of rioting, including Liverpool, Manchester, Leicester, Bristol and so on.......

Riots are common place in UK cities and rarely even make big news but about once every decade a series of national riots like this occur.

On one hand it's not great having  people running around being dangerous to innocent people, on the other hand TJ said, "'A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny". So perhaps we need this decadely spectacle.

Map showing riot locations

Edited by Toltec - 09-Aug-2011 at 22:18
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2011 at 07:48
This map above remind me times when Iwas playing Sid Meyers Civilisation and my cities were rioting :)
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2011 at 12:27
Hey, the riots have reached my home....

History Planet Website
<br /
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2011 at 15:13
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2011 at 00:03
He was really upset about it.Look at those riots and think about wars all around,supported or unsupported,
think about how easy controllable they are!?!Criminals all around the world,Unite it!Confused
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2011 at 19:07
It's Cameron's fault for raising university fees and cutting back on services for deprived areas. If he had any sense he'd recruit more cops (and build police stations at the center of the worst estates), stop giving money to the parasites in the Third World, withdraw the troops from Afghanistan, bring back national service, restrict university places to the smartest students (not rich twats from private schools), and encourage charities to provide youth clubs, gyms, martial arts clubs and arcades so young men have an outlet for their frustrations.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2011 at 00:34
Are those parts connected somehow?Western world have pushed African countries,their migration stand against one of them?Cause&consequence logical play or coincidence only we have here?

Edited by medenaywe - 15-Aug-2011 at 00:36
chrisG View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote chrisG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2011 at 02:50
London riot has been the most celebrated street riot in the world right now. London riots cost the city of London tons of money. Many literally ran for their own lives while rioters burned some parts of the city. The cause of the riot is still unknown to everybody, many Londoners are still confused and unhappy about the whole mess in their beloved city. Many have cited social networks like Twitter and Facebook as having an essential role in spreading and fueling the on-going riots in London and alternative areas of the United Kingdom. But Twitter and Facebook are also taking an active role in the restoration attempts as hundreds of volunteers rally to literally clean up the streets. Source of article: Londoners gather for riot cleanup effort.

Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2011 at 16:23
Originally posted by Nick1986

It's Cameron's fault for raising university fees and cutting back on services for deprived areas. If he had any sense he'd recruit more cops (and build police stations at the center of the worst estates), stop giving money to the parasites in the Third World, withdraw the troops from Afghanistan, bring back national service, restrict university places to the smartest students (not rich twats from private schools), and encourage charities to provide youth clubs, gyms, martial arts clubs and arcades so young men have an outlet for their frustrations.

pfff, 99% of those rioters never even heard of hihschool let alone university. The problem is that David Cameron is accusing the 'yobs' but not asking why the riots happened in the first place. It wasn't mindless just because of the looting and destruction. I'm obviously against the violence but the government should seriously consider the origins of this problem with an open mind instead of just throwing accusations.
Timidi mater non flet
unclefred View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended, Historum joker

Quote unclefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2011 at 16:54
Bring back tea-time?
Michael Collins View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian
Historum joker, suspended

Quote Michael Collins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2011 at 03:59
Never mind the leftyism (that's what caused this mess in the first place!) - go out and crack some heads. That'll serve as an excellent short terms solution. Then fix the society. Law and Order first. 
Is í labhairt a dteanga an moladh is mó is féidir linn a thabhairt dár namhaid.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2011 at 04:22
Amen Irish amen.Big smile
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2011 at 11:27
Originally posted by Michael Collins

Never mine the leftyism (that's what caused this mess in the first place!) - go out and crack some heads. That'll serve as an excellent short terms solution. Then fix the society. Law and Order first. 

What next, "Ban sex, bring back the cat". Are sure you're a teenager, not a 65 year old blue rinsed member of UKIP?.....  You sound like my mother. (then again she was born just down the road from you, perhaps it's something in the water).

"Bring back the Black n Tans" huh! That'll show them. Oh yes and castrate them too....................

History Planet Website
<br /
unclefred View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended, Historum joker

Quote unclefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2011 at 11:57
I thought the rubber bullets was a good idea, as well as truncheons.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>