Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New babies!
    Posted: 19-Aug-2011 at 17:16
They are beautiful!! I love puppies and my lab is now about 2 years old but still acts like a puppy.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2011 at 20:32
Boomer's a lovely dog. Emma was just the same: even at the age of 12 she loved playing with her toys and stealing socks
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2011 at 20:28

The girls are getting quite big now. It's much harder to lift them and they take up a lot more space on the sofa
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2011 at 14:45
Oh, they are so cute....!
I have 2 girls myself, but they are not sisters, I picked one from a shelter and the other a guy was giving away; mine are both mixed, one is Dalmatian/Blue Heeler, and the other Australian Shepherd/Pitbul/Shar Pei. I got them when they were couple of months old, now they are like 6 years and some months; but still have puppy faces, to me at least.

Edited by Don Quixote - 26-Aug-2011 at 15:05
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2011 at 20:28
Thanks Don Can we see some pictures of your puppies?
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2011 at 19:57
Originally posted by Nick1986

Sure, Nick, here they are:
They are relatively small - they were the runts in their respective families, that's why they ended up not wanted /I had seen their bothers and sisters too/. The black and white one is Choochoo, the mix of Blue Heeler and Dalmation, the brown one is Cat, the mix of Pitbul, Shar Pei and Australian Shepherd.

Choochoo is the goof - she runs very fast, like a little horse, and jumps like a kangaroo, almost twice her size form the ground. Unfortunately she has a benign growth of her right shoulder, which she had 2 surgeries from, but it appeared again and this time the whole leg has to be removed, I was told, because it is very deep and wide. I'm trying to postpone it some, because it's so heartbreaking to see the most active dog I had ever had with 3 legs. I'm afraid she will start hating me after that, since all she will see is that I brought her to a vet and now she doesn't have a leg. She likes to roll in all kinds of nasty stuff, so I have to give her a bath quite often - in fact, I just had to do that half an hour age.

Cat is the family protector and hunter - she catches snakes, chipmunks, squirrels, mice, even a rabbit once - then she tenderizes them by beating on the stones, and leaves them in the sun, from time to time going and beating them again, until they are ripe enough for her to eat; drags bones from the forest and chases coyotes from the property. She may be small, but she is fierce. She is the only dog I know of who throws sticks in the air herself and catches them - so she doesn't need  humans around to play "catch" and have a good time.

They both like to chomp on huckleberries strait from the bushes, and Cat eats old rotten wood from time to time - I have no idea what she gets out of it, but she likes to get a stick, and eat it just like ice-cream on a stick. So, here they are - my girls.

Edited by Don Quixote - 27-Aug-2011 at 19:59
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2011 at 20:19
They're beautiful. I don't think she'll hate you if you take her to the vet (but may be scared of going back there). She must be aware that leg is causing her pain. Emma had several operations in the 12 years she was with me but remained loving and affectionate til the end
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2011 at 23:04

They're beautiful. I don't think she'll hate you if you take her to the vet (but may be scared of going back there). She must be aware that leg is causing her pain. Emma had several operations in the 12 years she was with me but remained loving and affectionate til the end

Thanks, Nick! I hope you are right...last time I took her there for the shoulder to be examined the vet said that we can wait some time, as she doesn't limp yet; but she rotates around the shoulder and bends a little over it when it runs,  I can see how she moves the leg around the growth; so he said that eventually it has to be done. I prefer we do in during the winter, so she has more incentive to stay in while the wound is healing.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2011 at 20:39
She'll be OK Don. A three-legged dog can be as active as one with four legs. After an accident at the age of 10 Emma's back legs were paralysed but she learned to walk again by using different muscles and attending hydrotherapy sessions

Edited by Nick1986 - 28-Aug-2011 at 20:40
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2011 at 14:54
Originally posted by Don Quixote

Sure, Nick, here they are:<div id="mediaContainer" style="padding: 0px;">
                            <div id="imgEnv-fullSizedImage" class="imgEnv">                                
                        They are relatively small - they were the runts in their respective families, that's why they ended up not wanted /I had seen their bothers and sisters too/. The black and white one is Choochoo, the mix of Blue Heeler and Dalmation, the brown one is Cat, the mix of Pitbul, Shar Pei and Australian Shepherd.Choochoo is the goof - she runs very fast, like a little horse, and jumps like a kangaroo, almost twice her size form the ground. Unfortunately she has a benign growth of her right shoulder, which she had 2 surgeries from, but it appeared again and this time the whole leg has to be removed, I was told, because it is very deep and wide. I'm trying to postpone it some, because it's so heartbreaking to see the most active dog I had ever had with 3 legs. I'm afraid she will start hating me after that, since all she will see is that I brought her to a vet and now she doesn't have a leg. She likes to roll in all kinds of nasty stuff, so I have to give her a bath quite often - in fact, I just had to do that half an hour age.Cat is the family protector and hunter - she catches snakes, chipmunks, squirrels, mice, even a rabbit once - then she tenderizes them by beating on the stones, and leaves them in the sun, from time to time going and beating them again, until they are ripe enough for her to eat; drags bones from the forest and chases coyotes from the property. She may be small, but she is fierce. She is the only dog I know of who throws sticks in the air herself and catches them - so she doesn't need  humans around to play "catch" and have a good time. They both like to chomp on huckleberries strait from the bushes, and Cat eats old rotten wood from time to time - I have no idea what she gets out of it, but she likes to get a stick, and eat it just like ice-cream on a stick. So, here they are - my girls.

great dogs and good photo!! I would love to take Boomer to the snow.

Tomorrow I take Boomer on a hike, possibly to the Chirichahua Mtns. But, with the afternoon monsoon thunder storms I will have to get there early- 2 hour drive to the trail by car. These monsoon thunder storms can be mean and wicked and I don't want to get caught in one.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2011 at 14:45
Originally posted by eaglecap

great dogs and good photo!! I would love to take Boomer to the snow.
Tomorrow I take Boomer on a hike, possibly to the Chirichahua Mtns. But, with the afternoon monsoon thunder storms I will have to get there early- 2 hour drive to the trail by car. These monsoon thunder storms can be mean and wicked and I don't want to get caught in one.

Thanks, eagrlecap! I live north of Spokane, WA, in the mountains, so I have here more snow during the winter that I can possibly enjoy. The gilrs dig little paths through it, and run only in them.
Can you post a picture of Bloomer, so we see him?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2011 at 23:46

Nick, here's our girl earning her nikname, Babysitter.  You show wisdom in not picking a breed with a double coat.TongueWink She's a wonderful Collie, but her undercoat is a full time prop.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2011 at 00:30
They all have great eyes and to be a good cow dog they got to have good eyes.

As for a three leg....one of the best cow dogs I ever seen was missing her back left after getting into fence line. Infection got it.

But the dog lived for nine more years and ran calves into a pen with nary a prob... had three-four litters and went to sleep at my grandpa's feet one day, out back in the shed, and never work up.

Only time I ever saw him shed a tear over an animal.

In that business she earned her keep and more.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2011 at 07:06
Originally posted by red clay

Nick, here's our girl earning her nikname, Babysitter.  You show wisdom in not picking a breed with a double coat.TongueWink She's a wonderful Collie, but her undercoat is a full time prop.

She's gorgeous Red. Just like Lassie
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2011 at 13:06

Originally posted by red clay

She's gorgeous Red. Just like Lassie

Only a Lassie and not a Laddie in this case probably.Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2011 at 16:35
I'd like to see some pictures of Greywolf's dog
Michael Collins View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian
Historum joker, suspended

Quote Michael Collins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2011 at 17:33

Oh, I suppose I might as well join in! Tongue

Is í labhairt a dteanga an moladh is mó is féidir linn a thabhairt dár namhaid.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2011 at 17:38
Another beautiful dog. Is it a Newfoundland?
Michael Collins View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian
Historum joker, suspended

Quote Michael Collins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2011 at 18:23

Another beautiful dog. Is it a Newfoundland?

He's a Collie-Labrador cross. 

Is í labhairt a dteanga an moladh is mó is féidir linn a thabhairt dár namhaid.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2011 at 19:07
How old is he? And what's his name?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>