Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAnother view of the Fomenko Theory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another view of the Fomenko Theory
    Posted: 15-Jul-2011 at 20:26
The following was written by a man that I admire a great deal, because of his "brains!"

He has his own unique view of the world and maybe one of you might even read the next site to its fullest extent?

http://www.egodeath.com/NewChronology2.htm

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
shokdee View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2011 at 06:52
Agreed! And see also http://www.egodeath.com/NewChronology.htm

-- Newbie intro

Hello, smile and wave, I'm looking for debate and discussion around the ideas raised by Fomenko. I've an academic background in archaeology and psychology and a lifelong interest in human potential and human-technology interaction. I found those infamous YouTube videos fascinating as they resonated and overlapped with some of my own research. While suggesting answers, they also left me feeling confused and raised more questions. The only way to proceed was to use translation software to read the original Russian books as Fomenko and Nosovosky have very graciously made all of their core work freely available. Later I realized that all the important ideas were published in English in the 1980s and 1990s and it is here we must start.

-- Moving forward

I believe that a stumbling block preventing meaningful discussion is the common mistake of not clearly separating the original ideas from the later hypothetical reconstruction, Their reconstruction is just one of many which have been proposed (I even have my own reconstruction, the "Big Bang" model). Fomenko and Nosovosky's defense that their reconstruction is pure conjecture, does not excuse abysmal scholarship, a pseudo-scientific free-for-all at best and outright mumbo-jumbo at worst. I've had emotional ups and downs grappling with this material and you will too if you don't keep a cool head amidst incendiary material, even more so for the non-Russian reader. My current attitude can be described as love/hate/po. Within the voluminous - and highly repetitive - collection of works "New Chronology Fomenko Nosovosky" there are many thought-provoking ideas and I have learnt a tremendous amount trying to disprove some small pieces. I acknowledge and embrace the "anti-Fomenko" criticisms and also the counter-responses. I've done biographical research and accept the post-modernist, "Folk History Park" criticism.

Before discussing the finer points of "New Chronology Fomenko Nosovosky" we need to understand the foundation on which it's built. By listening to Fomenko's original voice, excited but calm, and following his train of thought, it becomes easy to separate early Fomenko from the later monstrosity "New Chronology Fomenko Nosovosky".

But, before we even start doing that, we need to agree that the current chronology needs revision!

So, I'm going to split my post into three parts showing that Fomenko is not alone, but a talented individual with some important ideas:

Part one: Fomenko in historical context. A name-dump to convey the big picture.
Part two: Fomenko is not a madman. A short biographical sketch.
Part three: Fomenko and his discovery of the global chronology diagram. Research from 1974 to the 1980s.

For now I'm not discussing the controversial and hypothetical reconstruction of the Great Mongolian Horde Empire and the finer points of "New Chronology Fomenko Nosovosky" as that is separate from the original work of Fomenko. NCFN represents the research from the 1990s until the present. It is here that you'll find their attempted reconstruction of the original timeline, the real events and people amidst a sea of phantoms and duplicates, encapsulated in the left half of fig. 6.30 (page 285) in Chronology 1.

Edited by shokdee - 03-Aug-2011 at 08:32
Monkey see monkey do be doobie do
shokdee View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2011 at 06:55
Part one: Fomenko in historical context.

Let's start by looking at the big picture of chronological revision in order to situate Fomenko's ideas in their historical place. The following list of names covers some of the individuals who have made a significant contribution to chronography. I've included the usual suspects but also added a few of my personal favorites.

Valla, Bodin, Scaliger, Casubon, Petavius, de Launoy, Kalvits, De Arsilla, van der Aa, Krekshino, Newton, Hardouin, Germon, Lacunza, Aschbach, Hochart, Winckelmann, von Cohausen, Pallmann, Johnson, Morozov, Mommsen, Spengler, Kammeier, Baldauf, Drews, Diener, Velikovsky, Olague, Hobsbawm, Postnikov, Luling, Friedrich, Marx, Niemitz, Davidenko, Bogdanov, Guts, Meier, Gabowitsch, Zarnack, Martin, Topper, Voigt, Melamed, Grishin, Krawcewicz, Kalashnikov, Heinsohn, Geise, Fomenko, Haug, Tabov, Kesler, Carotta, Illig, de Sarre, Winzeler, Sinyukov, Valyansky, Kalyuzhny, Zabinsky, Riemer, Zillmer, Rohl, Muller, Pfister, Detering, Bloss, Gerasimov, Nosovosky, Tyurin, Kinnoy, Diacu, Lopatin, Kas, and Garry Kasparov, former world chess champion who was instrumental in popularizing these ideas in Russia and in introducing them to the English-speaking world.

Tip of the hat to Vlad Melamed and Rob Grishin whose website New Tradition (aka Revised History), assembled some key English language documents and provided an eye-opening peak into the Russian scene. Special mention for Eugene Gabowitsch who linked the German, Russian and English movements, introduced the "historical analytics" of Morozov, Fomenko and Nosovosky to the "Phantom Time" researchers and took Velikovskyian "catastrophism" back to Russia. (He also had the world's largest vodka bottle collection).

"The biggest fraud in human history, is human history"
Dr. Eugene Gabowitsch (30.8.1938-21.1.2009)

Note this: Fomenko and Nosovosky do not recognize any global catastrophe and consider such ideas part of a plot to undermine their work and distort that of Morozov. As for their relationship to the other researchers, they consider them "parasites".

-- further reading --

Find classic Gabowitsch in "A chronological revolution made by historical analytics" in 3 parts. However, be sure to read them in reverse order! First read Part 3 "Eminent critics of chronology and historiography in the past: the five classics" which is based on the Preface "Ages in chaos" from Chronology 2. Then read Part 2 "Ages in chaos: A critique of chronology and the revision of history in Western Europe". Only then read and enjoy the more informal Part 1. "Ages in chaos: A Russian point of view. Russian chronological revolution".

At the New Tradition aka Revised Chronology website look at Kasporov "Mathematics of the past".
> http://www.revisedhistory.org/view-garry-kasparov.htm

You can also read Kasparov's "Preface" to Kesler and Davidenko's book "Book of Civilization".
> http://www.revisedhistory.org/Book%20of%20Civilization.pdf (32 mb pdf).

However, do not read the rest of the "Book of Civilization" and do not read the extracts from Melamed and Grishin's book "The Medieval Empire of the Jews", and do not read the other articles on the site. Most of these reflect Project Civilization, a model separate from Fomenko.

However, you can prepare for part 3 of my post by reading Krawcewicz, Nosovsky and Zabreiko "Investigation of the correctness of the historical dating"
> http://www.revisedhistory.org/investigation-historical-dating.htm

Krawcewicz "Decoding dates from ancient horoscopes"
> http://www.revisedhistory.org/egyptian-horo.htm

Do not miss Fomenko, Fomenko, Krawcewicz, and Nosovsky "Mysteries of Egyptian zodiacs and other riddles of ancient history: A guide to dating ancient astronomical data" which covers material found in Chronology 3 Part 2.
> http://www.revisedhistory.org/zodiacs.pdf (19 mb pdf)

You can have a look at Fomenko and Nosovsky "New hypothetical chronology and concept of English history. The British empire as a direct successor of the Byzantine-Roman empire. (short scheme)" which covers material found in Chronology 4 Part 2.
> http://www.revisedhistory.org/Investigation-eng-history.htm

This material falls within the hypothetical reconstruction of NCFN so I won't discuss it and below I'll dissect one paragraph, a tiny extract, to illustrate the style of some of the argument and why we should stay away. Convinced that early English history is simply a copy of Byzantium history, that London is a reflection of Constantinople, they want to show that the river now called "Thames" reflects the Bosporus strait. We pick up the argument ... The word "strait" can be substituted by the word "sound", both describe narrow stretches of water. Now looking at the word "sound", drop the vowels to get  "snd"  and then reverse the reading order Arabic-style to get  "dns". Next substitute similar sounding letters (d=t, n=m) to get "tms". Finally reintroduce some vowels to get "Thames". The word "Thames" probably signifies a strait or sound.

Anyone following along? Should I go to part 2?

Edited by shokdee - 03-Aug-2011 at 08:30
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2011 at 17:31
Welcome "fellow traveller" shokdee! I really appreciate the support and your two very good postings, but I dare to believe that more than one or two posters at this site will even read either post.

Since at least one of the "Chrons" is available online, I rather doubt that any of the movers or the shakers of this site have ever spent more than ten minutes reading them.

I rather feel that is more like taking in Latin to a Greek! Or maybe the other way arround? laugh

Yes, I agree that a lot of the comparisons made in the three "Chronology" volumes that I possess (I, II, IV) are bunkum, since it appears that a number of grad students seem to have made the comparisons, etc., there does exist enough information for any reasonable person to see that there does exist enough for someone to really begin to doubt the presently considered chronology.

So, possibly, for a crowd of one (me), will look forward to your next post.

Perhaps my time has come and I should retire from the defense of Fomenko, and let a really learned man or woman (sorry I have not idea of your sex) take over the quest?

Perhaps I will no longer be even allowed to post anywhere on this formum. Eureka! I was cut off from making this post until a miracle happened. Perhaps that is because I am paranoid? Laugh!

You wrote; "Tip of the hat to Vlad Melamed and Rob Grishin whose website New Tradition (aka Revised History), assembled some key English language documents and provided an eye-opening peak into the Russian scene." Yes I used to be a poster at that site, as you should well know. I also bought their book! smile.

My term holding the Fomenko banner, and as well the wheel is about to end, but I willing give up the helm to you!

I will it seems have to observe you from the outside soon!

Avanti!

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 16-Jul-2011 at 20:43
shokdee View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2011 at 07:17

Moving on then, I'll skip part 2, and patch the following into part 1:

Gerard Serrade, author of the German-language book "Empty times", one of the more radical critics.

Zoltan Hunnivari, who has a free German-language book "Revolution in the chronology"

> http://www.hungariancalendar.eu/revolution.pdf (3.3 mb pdf)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Part three: Fomenko and his discovery - the global chronology diagram and it's validation by astronomical dating. This covers the period from 1974 to 1980.

-- The one sentence summary

Inspired by the ideas of Morozov and Postnikov, using purpose built mathematical tools to statistically analyze the still surviving historical texts to determine dependencies, Fomenko discovered that chunks of the texts have been repeated, shifted by fixed amounts, and then glued back together again, artificially lengthening the chronology.

-- Morozov

One stormy night the original terrorist Nikolai Morozov, locked up in solitary confinement, had a life-changing revelation when he saw that the Biblical account of the Apocalypse described meteorological phenomenon such as lightning and a volcano, geographic information sufficient to identify the Greek Archipelago, constellations and planets, and a horoscope, which he dated.

Over the following years, Morozov would apply his encyclopedic knowledge of the sciences and languages to do a comprehensive "audit" of history, using what is essentially a "common sense" approach. The remarkable results of his studies were documented in the 7-volume "Christ" first released in 1924-1932 (recently reissued with an additional 3 volumes). The subtitle is "The history of human culture from a natural sciences perspective" which captures his attempt to provide innovative "scientific" tools for historians. He analyzed a vast amount of historical material from his unique perspective, proposed new methods, identified parallel dynasties, changed the locations of events, and generally come to the conclusion that the conventional chronology had been stretched in comparison with real events. The books of Morozov were widely discussed in the Soviet Union during the 20s and 30s, and no serious objections were raised. In 1932 he was elected honorary academician of the USSR as an outstanding chemist, astronomer, historian of culture, writer and leader of the Russian revolutionary movement. But by the 1950s he had sunk into obscurity, apparently a victim of Stalinist censorship.

-- Postnikov

In the mid 1960s, Bauman and Moiseev had been reading Morozov and pointed his work out to Postnikov. Inspired, Postnikov updated Morozov's ideas to include a critique of radiocarbon dating and presented his ideas in some lectures in July 1967 at MSU. He also tried to engage historians with the new dating methods but was flatly rejected, Gumilev stating, "We historians do not meddle in maths and ask you mathematicians not to fiddle with history". Frustrated, Postnikov set aside his historical research until 1973 when Fomenko - who had heard of the earlier lectures - presented him with an obscure problem.

Although his specialty is topology, Fomenko had become interested in a minor problem in the field of celestial mechanics that was puzzling astrophysicists. In the "dark corridors" of MSU, Fomenko hears that Morozov had shown that some dates for ancient eclipses were erroneous and had provided new astronomical tables. Recalculating the problem with the new dates, the mysterious decline in the second derivative of the Moon's elongation as a function of time "vanishes completely".

However, by solving an obscure puzzle in celestial mechanics, Fomenko now faced a much more profound question - What if Morozov is right?

What if past events have been wrongly dated and the chronology is wrong? And if there are overlapping stories, how do you tell the original from the duplicates? Can astronomy provide new tools to help historians date events? These where some of the questions whizzing through his mind.

Surprised at the unusual solution Fomenko persuades Postnikov to read a series of 5 lectures - totaling 50 hours - on the subject to interested mathematicians from the Mechanics and Mathematics Department. Following this comprehensive introduction, a group of mathematicians became interested in the problems of chronology and Fomenko and Mishchenko organized a special seminar, a detailed analysis of the problems relating to the global chronology, which culminated in a major review of Morozov's work. Fomenko approached historians to discuss the new methods and findings, but the response was discouraging. Out of the research of this group emerges in 1975 a large 1,000 typewritten pages manuscript. Written by Fomenko, Mishchenko, and Nikishin this three volume document was titled "Introduction to the criticism of ancient history". Postnikov would later refuse to return this document to Fomenko, accusing Fomenko of trying to steal his work. Then in 2000, Postnikov would publish it under his own name, also in three volumes, as "A critical study of the chronology of the ancient world".

After the initial collaborations, there is the inevitable clash of egos, Postnikov believing he should lead the new project, but Fomenko had other ideas. When Postnikov pre-emptively publishes some material "The greatest hoax in history?", Fomenko immediately responds with "On hoaxes" accusing Postnikov of misunderstanding the research and claiming to have taken the project in a new direction. This marks the turning point and the birth of Fomenko's brand of New Chronology.

-- Fomenko

In the period 1975 to 1979 the essential discoveries was made of the Global Chronology Diagram and the three important shifts of approximately 333, 1053 and 1800 years. During this period Fomenko types a 6,000 page manuscript "Global chronology of the ancient and medieval world". After this a circle formed around Fomenko, which included Kalashnikov, Nosovsky, Tatiana Fomenko and dozens of other mathematicians, historians, and physicists, who continued to support the ongoing investigation, although not always fully agreeing with the results. Fomenko and his various collaborators would continue into the 80's to publish dozens of articles in academic journals and speak at many conferences and seminars about the techniques and their applications.

"In conclusion, I would like to emphasize that, fully aware of the unusualness and unorthodox nature of certain of the obtained results, I nevertheless believe it my scientific duty to present the work to the reader's judgement in hope that it may serve as the next step in working out new statistical methods for the study of narrative sources and in solving the problem of justifying ancient chronological dates"

Fomenko, Preface page xxii "Empirico-statistical analysis of narrative material and its applications to historical dating. Volume 1: The development of the statistical tools" Kluwer. 1994.

-- Summary

"New Chronology Fomenko Nosovosky" consists of 2 separate components: Methods (CHRON 1-3) and Hypothetical reconstruction (CHRON 4-7, and subsequent books).

Methods is mainly the original research of Fomenko 1975 to 1980 and consists of 3 independent parts (which I've presented in my posts):

CHRON 1 Foundation - an introduction to the problem.

CHRON 2 Maths - statistical tools to analyze historical texts, the identification of duplicates.

CHRON 3 Stars - astronomical tools for dating based on analysis of star catalogues and zodiacs.

-- Final reading --

This short paper is the perfect summary and rounds off these posts:

Fomenko "Mathematical statistics and problems of ancient chronology. A new approach" Acta Applicandae Mathematicae 17:231-256, 1989. (1.2 mb pdf)

If you are still reading Thank You for your time.

shokdee View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2011 at 06:40

I do Ron, Ron, look forward to your posts as I'm still stumbling in the dark and would appreciate your guiding light.

Michael Hoffman at www.egodeath.com has many good ideas and I'd be very interested to know what his current thoughts are.

Firstly, we can identify the discovery of psychedelic drugs as a "civilizing event" in the Project Civilization model or as a "mind bomb" in my "Big bang" model (which includes other non-drug "mind bombs").

Secondly, we can take a more critical look at the history of drugs, along the lines of Project Civilization,  Kesler's "the alcohol revolution" or "daily bread".

Thirdly, the search for the historical Jesus from the Russian perspective seems to hover at dates around 1100 to 1300. But in New Chronology Fomenko Nosovsky there are over 50 "reflections" of Christ, so this is a minefield to navigate. The last word from the founding fathers can be found in the book "King of the Slavs" which identifies Christ with Andronicus Komnenos / Andrew Bogolyubsky, but there are many other options such as Jengus the Khan = Jesus the Christ, Batu = Buddha, and so on.

Finally, we might consider not even quibbling over a person but rather examine the general origins of Christ consciousness, or Buddha nature. Following this route of inquiry, the role of drugs is actually diminished and we study the hard wiring of the brain and body-mind-soul interaction.

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2011 at 11:44
I really appreciate your posts above.

I wonder if you are able to give us a short synopsis of the online book by ZOLTÁN HUNNIVÁRI, that you listed above, as well as the work of Gerard Serrade.

Sorry but I am not really familiar with either of them.

Regards,
shokdee View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2011 at 08:26
Complete list of English-language publications New Chronology Fomenko Nosovsky as at July 2011:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fomenko A.T. The jump of the second derivative of the Moon’s elongation  
Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy. 1981. V 29. P. 33-40

Fomenko A.T. Some new empirico-statistical methods of dating and the analysis of present global chronology
London: The British Library, Department of printed books. Cup. 918/87, 1981

Fedorov V.V., Fomenko A.T. Statistical estimation of chronological nearness of historical texts
Journal of Soviet Mathematics. 1986.  V. 32.  No. 6.  P. 668-675

Fomenko A.T. Empirico-statistical methods in ordering narrative texts
International Statistical Review.  1988.  V. 56.  No. 3.  P. 279-301

Fomenko A.T., Kalashnikov V.V., Nosovsky G.V. When was Ptolemy’s star catalogue in Almagest compiled in reality? Statistical analysis
Acta Applicandae Mathematicae.  1989.  V. 17.  P. 203-229

Fomenko A.T. Mathematical statistics and problems of ancient chronology: A new approach
Acta Applicandae Mathematicae.  1989.  V. 17.  P. 231-256

Fomenko А.Т., Kalashnikov V.V., Nosovsky G.V. The dating of Ptolemy's "Almagest" based on the coverings of the stars and on lunar eclipses
Acta Applicandae Mathematicae, 29 : 281-298, 1992

Fomenko A.T., Kalashnikov V.V., Nosovsky G.V. Geometrical and statistical methods of analysis of star configurations. Dating Ptolemy's Almagest
USA: CRC Press, 1993.

Fomenko A.T. Empirico statistical analysis of narrative material and its applications to historical dating. Volume 1: The development of the statistical tools. Volume 2: The analysis of ancient and medieval records
The Netherlands: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1994

Fomenko A.T., Fomenko T.N., Krawcewicz W.Z., Nosovsky G.V. Mysteries of Egyptian zodiacs and other riddles of ancient history: A guide to dating ancient astronomical data
New Chronology Publications, 2004

Fomenko A.T. History: Fiction or Science? Chronology 1. Introducing the problem.  A criticism of the Scaligerian chronology. Dating methods as offered by mathematical statistics. Eclipses and zodiacs.
Paris, London, New York: Mithec, Delamere Resources LLC, 2004

Fomenko A.T. History: Fiction or Science? Chronology 2. The dynastic parallelism method. Rome. Troy. Greece. The Bible. Chronological shifts.
Paris, London, New York: Mithec, Delamere Resources LLC, 2005

Fomenko A.T., Fomenko T.N., Krawcewicz W.Z., Nosovsky G.V. Zodiacs: Timeline of Egypt cut in stone.
New Chronology Publications, 2005

Fomenko A.T., Kalashnikov V. V., Nosovsky G. V. History: Fiction or Science? Chronology 3. Astronomical methods as applied to chronology. Ptolemy’s Almagest. Tycho Brahe. Copernicus. The Egyptian zodiacs.
Paris, London, New York: Mithec, Delamere Resources LLC, 2007

Fomenko A.T., Nosovsky G.V.  History: Fiction or Science? Chronology 4. Russia. Britain. Byzantium. Rome.
Paris, London, New York: Mithec, Delamere Resources LLC, 2008

English language video
-----------------------------

In January 1992, the British film director and producer Robert Watts with his assistant Laura Alexander visited Moscow specially to meet with Anatoly Fomenko. He had became interested in Fomenko's ideas and the purpose of the visit was to create a film about the New Chronology. They filmed quite a lot but it was never assembled together and the project was not completed. This archival footage of Fomenko is the only material which is available to the public.

The following is a draft version of the movie "History of History " directed by Robert Watts and Laura Alexander. Here Fomenko gives a half-hour lecture in English at Moscow State University, Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics, on his discoveries. Be sure not to miss the last few minutes, filmed the next day at Fomenko's apartment, where you can catch a glimpse of the massive Global Chronology Diagram.

http://chronologia.org/filmlibrary/1992_01_history_of_history.html

Edited by shokdee - 03-Aug-2011 at 08:38
mojijimi View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2014 at 02:57
Dear friend,

I am interested in "Book of Civilization" by davidenko and i am trying to find it but unfortunately I couldn't find it . I would appreciated  if you can help me and send me a PDF of this book .

Thanking you in advance 0
Kind regards

my email is : moji_jimi@yahoo.com 
OPUS View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2019 at 17:05
Thanks for posting the works of Fomenko, et al !   opus
"MOST ALL OF HISTORY IS BUNK!"
OPUS View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2019 at 17:42
http://www.revisedhistory.org/view-garry-kasparov.htm     
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Book-civilization-Abridgement-I-Davidenko/dp/5901811046

This is not related but interesting!  http://humansarefree.com/2015/12/forbidden-history-hidden-symbols.html
OPUS View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2019 at 19:12
I defy anyone in this amazing group of truth believers, yes you!, to really read and examine the words and suggestions found inside this amazing work!  I will take a day or two to really get to the point!
But, if anyone on this list actually will take the time to read and understand the course of truth that the author stands before him as at least a "possibility'!  
I triple dare at least one person to take this test!
Respectfully,  opus   

So again the address is:  http://www.egodeath.com/NewChronology2.htm  

Edited by OPUS - 04-Oct-2019 at 19:14
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2019 at 17:29
Strong language from someone who was banned 2 years ago. 

However, Fomenko's blather is still just blather and your still banned.

Thread closed
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply