Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Connecting European Peoples to Biblical Tribes!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Connecting European Peoples to Biblical Tribes!!
    Posted: 12-Jul-2011 at 10:07
I really hate this type of pseudo-historical stuff, especially when Iranian peoples are used to connect these two, some ignorant religionists mix different religious and historical sources to prove European peoples were origianlly from somewhere in the Middle East, the reason is that the name of this tribe in the Bible is similar to the name of this European people, and if they are not really similar then they can change some letters to make them similar!

Unfortunately Scythains, Sarmatians, Alans and other Iranian peoples who lived in the Europe have the key role in these religious stories, so it is really difficult to trace Iranian culture in modern Slavic, Germanic, Celtic and other cultures which have formed in the same lands where ancient Iranian peoples lived, because those religionists have used these cultural similarities for their own purpose.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2011 at 12:15
It's possible the Hittites were the ancestors of the modern Turks. The Philistines were Greek colonists who adopted Canaanite culture (including worshiping Dagon) and the Persians were the ancestors of the Iranians, Pakistanis and Afghans
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2012 at 21:09
As for the Jews, those who didn't convert to Christianity (and later Islam) ended up in Eastern Europe. By this time, the tribes had intermixed with local Slavs, making it difficult to identify a family's origins
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2012 at 11:04
Originally posted by Nick1986

As for the Jews, those who didn't convert to Christianity (and later Islam) ended up in Eastern Europe. By this time, the tribes had intermixed with local Slavs, making it difficult to identify a family's origins

Read Shlomo Sand's bestseller The Making of The Jewish People. I know it's quite controversial but I find his analysis to be quite neutral, especially given the fact that he is an Israeli living in Israel. Basically, he argues that Jewish communities definitely emigrated to different parts of the world and thrived at different times but could not solely make up the build of modern day Jews. There is extensive evidence of conversions under the Hasmonean kingdon and even later on in North Africa (Phoenician/Carthaginian colonies), Caucasus (Khazar kingdom), Spain and Yemen (Himyarite kingdom).

Shlomo also touches on what he refers to as 'Zionist pseudo-history'which was necessary to reinforce Israel's earley nationhood.

Anyway, I'm also quite opposed to this kind of research which starts with a biased idea and tries to connect the dots instead of starting from a blank page. I remember once reading this somewhat racist article written by a Jew who converted to Chrisitianity and his claim was basically that all Jews are descended from Idumeans/Edom. In the bible, Esau is mentioned as the patriarch of all Idumeans and is cursed by YHWH for all eternity. So you get the picture, Jews=Edom therefore they deserve to be hated by the entire world...
Timidi mater non flet
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2012 at 11:58
Cyrus&Nick&Baal,you can not connect them cause purpose of the Bible was they could be divided!Only if you put middle East population as population of two big Empires:Egypt&Persia events worked good,other way,no way!Egyptian population existence had been erased into the bible also made evil(Devil received AMoon's horns!).Analyzing words i found:"Slavs","Jews" and "Arabs" should have shared same syllables inside their languages than here are residuals of this population languages with stolen history&identity!Cause the rest of people there use their language,they are still more than 25-35% of population!(A lot of mixed blood exists also,normally!)
P.S.
I really have problems with Arabic&Persian words pronunciations!I will open new topic about it where you will post archaic forms of words from your languages!Hebrew's sites give me data but Latin alphabet hides the sounds!Phonetic of the words is most essential here!I believe Turkish language have preserved lot of archaic words also.As I saw here in forum some Persian words consist syllables from ancient Egyptian also. Main problem is lost phonetics inside!Old "Africa's" sounds:Dz,Dj,Kj,Gj,Nj,Lj,Zhe are lost&hidden by transcriptions with Latin alphabet.

Edited by medenaywe - 05-Jan-2012 at 16:51
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2012 at 21:32
Egypt and Persia? It might explain the rivalry between the Jews and the other Semitic tribes. However, you've ignored the other Semitic empire of this time: the Phoenicians whose descendents would found Carthage and Canaan
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2012 at 04:17
Yes,but those could have been some mixture of those 2 above."Nations" in the Bible had been created upon rival Rulers names(or family names) in those ancient structures that fought for power among themselves.Nick your statement above is more precise than mine cause of structure of languages:Egyptian(Hebrew,Slavic,Arabic(?),Turkish(?) and (?)),Persian(Farsi+?) and Phoenician cause of scripts have known today as "Greek".Their influences to one another are more than evident now.

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2012 at 04:27
It would be honest to say here something about minority language groups had lost in history!They existed
of course but still are nameless.
P.S.
Where do Chinese and Hindi languages belong?!?

Edited by medenaywe - 06-Jan-2012 at 05:15
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2012 at 22:11
Originally posted by medenaywe

It would be honest to say here something about minority language groups had lost in history!They existed
of course but still are nameless.
P.S.
Where do Chinese and Hindi languages belong?!?

These are Asian languages. The Chinese culture was copied by their neighbors (most notably by the Japanese). Hindi originated in the Indus civilisation. When the Aryans from Persia conquered India, they gradually adopted the local customs and religion. But i'm puzzled as to what these have to do with the Biblical Middle EastConfused
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2012 at 01:14
If Persian comes from Dravidian&Hindi languages your statement does not match here.Persians were result
of mixing between local/native population and Indians.Also lot of words they preserved from Egyptian:Arabs
Jews,Slavs....My analysis is based upon languages similarities.I have a topic about "Comparative analysis of
languages" inside linguistic.
 Post Reply Post Reply