Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kung fu weapons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kung fu weapons
    Posted: 07-Jun-2011 at 10:06
On vacation in China, you foolishly spilled tea all over the Master of the Wutang Clan. Annoyed by all the tourists he sends his hopping vampire henchman after you. At nightfall you hide in a museum with many old weapons inside. Which one would you choose?

Dao - Big knife similar to a machete that can chop off heads in one blow

Jian - A pair of elegant swords that rely on speed

Spear - Long, flexible weapon gives the advantage of range

Dagger Axe - An ancient halberd designed to bring down enemy cavalry

Monk's Spade - A modified farm tool which could be useful for burying your opponent after you have dispatched him

Tonfa - The handles of a threshing machine with sharp blades attached

Whips - The ultimate in destructive power but very difficult to master

Meteor Hammer - A weighted ball on the end of a long rope, highly effective in tangling up an opponent

Make your choice quickly: the zombie is getting closer!
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2011 at 21:05
The first one..... as it is well known to kill a vampy...take of it's head. Couple this with the plan of lurking in the shadows on the rafters above..... will gain me the element of cover and concealement suprise and addtional force when i leap on the assassin.Wink
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2011 at 14:17
Alot of these weapons were demonstrated on Deadliest Warrior's   Shao Lin Monk verse Moari Warrior episode. After seeing the show, I would have to go with the Dao Sword.  
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2011 at 19:26
The dagger axe would be a good choice. These could hack off the legs of multiple enemies in a single stroke. Once he's on his back you could finish him off with the spearpoint
echo123 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote echo123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2011 at 10:56
In Chinese martial arts, there are mainly eighteen kinds of weapons and we usually call them Eighteen Arms of Wushu. for more details

Welcome to the forum. Your signature block has been edited in compliance with forum policies on links. As clearly detailed in numerous locations, you must have prior permission from the Administrator before publishing links in your signature block or main post body. This is SOP to avoid spamming. At this time I will allow your hyper as reference. However seek permission for the insertion into your signature block. Failure to comply with policy may result in other actions. Do not reinsert the link until you have met compliance. Either PM the Administrator directly or request permission in a separate thread in the introductions sub forum.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Centrix Vigilis

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 19-Aug-2011 at 15:03
misspeach View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote misspeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2011 at 11:56
Da, they are actually 18 Arms of Wushu, 18 ban bing ren po-Kitajski )))
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2011 at 19:55
Miss Peach, can you name these 18 weapons?
okamido View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended, tit for tat

Quote okamido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2011 at 23:11
Dahn do Tang Pah Dip

Post Reply Post Reply