Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Göbekli Tepe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Göbekli Tepe
    Posted: 12-Jun-2011 at 00:01
Originally posted by opuslola

Indeed, like a lot of sites, this one demands a good examination, from some really good experts.

It is the existance of places like this that sometimes causes problems within a certain part of us, to wonder about the so called facts that history and chronology now present to us.

Regards,

Wondering is good.  Twisting and warping facts blended with 1/2 truths and claimed proved with fuzzy math, isn't.

I myself have a truckload of questions about History as currently presented by the "Mainstream".  But you don't go looking for answers in the manner which some have chosen.

90% of the questions I have are self generated through a lifetime of Observational Science, meaning most if not all are observable.  I don't need to rely on or draw from someone  else's conclusions.  Especially when I can't figure out how in hell they came to these conclusions.  After reading some of their explanations it's become clear they aren't really sure eitherBig smileConfusedWink.           

I'm not going to go into a huge list of reasons, no one really reads them anyway.  I just want to give some different ideas other than conspiracies or aliens.  I've read a couple of papers written in the last 5 years, peer reviewed, that agreed, at least in part, with most of my own ideas.  They gave me a phrase to use to describe our world from about 15,000 t0 approx 5,000 ybp, post apocalyptic.  We are not the first civilisation to have risen on this planet. 

And if anyone mentions the "A word" I'll turn loose the flesh eating nano bots.Tongue

There is more than enough observable evidence to support this.  There is some evidence to support the idea of several previous civs.  The constant stream of  anomalous artifacts from the Urals, dated to roughly 100,000 ybp can't be ignored forever.  Humans, not aliens.

We have met the Enemy, and they is us.  Pogo/Walt Kelly

Edited by red clay - 12-Jun-2011 at 00:04
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2011 at 17:58
Indeed, like a lot of sites, this one demands a good examination, from some really good experts.

It is the existance of places like this that sometimes causes problems within a certain part of us, to wonder about the so called facts that history and chronology now present to us.

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2011 at 17:53
Sounds scary. It would be interesting to wait for more findings because I have a feeling this was some sort of place of pilgrimage which people came to from various places, perhaps not too far away though. 
Timidi mater non flet
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2011 at 15:11
Originally posted by medenaywe

Climate changes,ancient environmental problems or appearing of new religion!?! 

They don't really know for certain.  What they do know is that when they left they had the intention of returning, they never did.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2011 at 10:27
Climate changes,ancient environmental problems or appearing of new religion!?! 
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2011 at 09:35
Just as amazing as building it, for some reason they abandoned it and covered it completely in earth.
Unknown.
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2011 at 22:16

Some of you might have heard of this interesting find near the ancient city of Edessa. There have been recently some very shocking revelations due to the findings in this area. As far as we know, this temple complex which somewhat resembles the Stonehenge was built in the 9th millenium BCE when people were still leading a nomadic life as hunter gatherers.

Obviously, the mere fact that a temple was built in such an epoch is in itself quite awe-inspiring. We know that sedentary only occured after some time around the 6th or 5th millenium BCE (correct me if I'm wrong). So how could people have built temples before a hut? This is the biggest question going around at the moment and it seems that sedentary life might have emerged as a result of this massive project which required people to stay in one place for God knows how long.

Another thought, how do you think these people chiseled the limestone and brought it back to the site without roads or metal items?

drawings of animals on the limestone slabs

Timidi mater non flet
 Post Reply Post Reply