Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are Armenian dead more important than Turkish dead?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are Armenian dead more important than Turkish dead?
    Posted: 04-May-2005 at 12:04
Originally posted by Yiannis

Turkish historian Yusuf Halacoglou is wanted by the Swiss justice because while giving a lecture in Switzerland, he refused that the Armenian Genocide ever happened.

According to Swiss law, refusal, or justification of Genocide or crimes against humanity are punishable with imprisonment of 1-3 years or by monetary fine.

The Swiss national assembly has recognized the Armenian Genocide in 2003. The Swiss district attorney has resembled the denial as similar to the denial of the Jewish Genocide.

Halacoglou has asked in the past to re-open the issue, fearing it may cause trouble in the future EU-Turkish relations. Recently, France and Holland have asked again from Turkey to reconsider its stance on the issue.

That's not surprising. 

Switzerland; the utopia of "democracy".

Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 13:39

Halacoglou has asked in the past to re-open the issue, fearing it may cause trouble in the future EU-Turkish relations. Recently, France and Holland have asked again from Turkey to reconsider its stance on the issue.

Freedom of expression !!!!!

We are asking them to reconsider their stance on the issue.

There was not an Armenian genocide. There is not an authority in Turkey to accept this. People will never accept it. Mission impossible.

Adamlarin Avrupa'ya girecegiz diye kicina girersek olacagi bu. Bu devlet satilmis adamlarin elinde onlar ne derse kabul mu edecek? Olan Turk milletine olacak.... Allah belalarini versin.

Bu Isvicre'ye hemen missilemede bulunmamiz lazim.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 14:21
Originally posted by Alparslan

There was not an Armenian genocide. There is not an authority in Turkey to accept this. People will never accept it. Mission impossible.

Adamlarin Avrupa'ya girecegiz diye kicina girersek olacagi bu. Bu devlet satilmis adamlarin elinde onlar ne derse kabul mu edecek? Olan Turk milletine olacak.... Allah belalarini versin.

If we had the power, opportunity and loyal government men to retaliate Switzerland, our government wouldnt be begging to be European today. But unfortunately, we are forced to pay the lack of these terms with our prides...

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 15:56
Originally posted by Alparslan

Freedom of expression !!!!!

Alparslan edit that post or translate it you could get banned.Anyway we did answer to switzerland.It is probable that the new TCK will contain a law that forbids saying that there was an armenian genocide under any economical proof.(which is anything)

and alparslan for you the exact translation would be;

bu sefer gtn sikecez millet dmann

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 16:04
Originally posted by YAFES

Turkish historian Yusuf Halacoglou is wanted by the Swiss justice because while giving a lecture in Switzerland, he refused that the Armenian Genocide ever happened.

According to Swiss law, refusal, or justification of Genocide or crimes against humanity are punishable with imprisonment of 1-3 years or by monetary fine.

The Swiss national assembly has recognized the Armenian Genocide in 2003. The Swiss district attorney has resembled the denial as similar to the denial of the Jewish Genocide.

That's not surprising. 

Switzerland; the utopia of "democracy".

I won't be surprised if we never see that man again!

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 10:02

I beleive in freedom of expression, but...

Holocaust deniers are also punished in Europe. Why should it be any different for Armenian Genocide deniers? Soon, Germany will pass a motion officially recognizing the Genocide, and the Turkish Prime Minister is threatening Schroder.

http://www.zaman.com/?bl=international&alt=&trh=2005 0505&hn=19171

By the way, Yusuf Halacoglu is not just some Genocide denier. He is the ''leader'' of all deniers...

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 12:34

Holocaust deniers are also punished in Europe. Why should it be any different for Armenian Genocide deniers? Soon, Germany will pass a motion officially recognizing the Genocide, and the Turkish Prime Minister is threatening Schroder.

you can say that after germany has recognised it.And not that the "genocide"idea was rejected in switzerland 3 tiimes

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 17:32
Originally posted by Artaxiad

I beleive in freedom of expression, but...

.....but freedom of expression is not the point. Ok, it may be a law of any country, and noone foreigner can change the laws of a state theoretically. We've got to accept everything as it is. But the point is the image of Switzerland's or any European country's best-selling image of "freedom", while performing this kind of legislation: Using a non-illuminated historical issue as a political attitude with ruling not to claim on the issue with denials or any other comments.

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2006 at 18:12
BUMP!
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2006 at 19:09
Thanks for bringing back old memories.
Yeah, ...the good old times.
Where have they all gone, akyncy, Yafes, ......???
It's like AE's graveyard in here.
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2006 at 19:15
Originally posted by Komnenos

Thanks for bringing back old memories.
Yeah, ...the good old times.
Where have they all gone, akyncy, Yafes, ......???
It's like AE's graveyard in here.
Well kommenos, they asked for it so i bumped an existing one, instead of re-opening it.

All people who asked for it, here start/continiue discussion further.
Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Quote Digenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2006 at 19:25
uf..this story goes soooo far.....
i doubt anyone would be persuaded that armenian genocide is imaginary....
whatever is the title of 1000 threads opened by fanatic turks....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678